[3.1.2]WookieCraft[PvE][12 Slots][Whitelist][Essentials][LWC][All Mods Enabled]

compass72

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has this server stopped accepting new players?

We are still accepting new players. It's just going to take an exceptional application to get you in. Every time we lower our standards and take a so-so app we find that the player just doesn't live up to expectations.

We're also getting to a point where we're going to make Teamspeak and a microphone REQUIRED for joining the server. We want social players who want to get involved in what's going on and what we're thinking of building. Most of that is discussed in our Teamspeak channel and if you're not in it, you really don't have a good idea of what's going on.

Being in our Teamspeak channel also helps us discourage griefing. Most griefers operate under their 'anonymous cloak' where all you have is a game name and nothing else. But if you're in a voicecomms channel talking with the rest of the server members, you're not so anonymous.

We are still accepting new players. It's just going to take an exceptional application to get you in. Every time we lower our standards and take a so-so app we find that the player just doesn't live up to expectations.

We're also getting to a point where we're going to make Teamspeak and a microphone REQUIRED for joining the server. We want social players who want to get involved in what's going on and what we're thinking of building. Most of that is discussed in our Teamspeak channel and if you're not in it, you really don't have a good idea of what's going on.

Being in our Teamspeak channel also helps us discourage griefing. Most griefers operate under their 'anonymous cloak' where all you have is a game name and nothing else. But if you're in a voicecomms channel talking with the rest of the server members, you're not so anonymous.

Okay, thanks for replying. So is my application not good enough? And is there a teamspeak channel, because I have mic, well I have my ipod head phones, but they work as a mic too. In case my application wasn't good enough I'll rewrite it now:

IGN: iamnotinsane

Project you plan to build: I would like to attempt to build a SteamPunk style town; I like the clean air towns, you know all white floors very modern, but I feel like that has been done alot, even a tiny bit over done perhaps, so I was thinking railtracks either in the air underground or beside the road, as well a massive coke coal powered power grid (that doesn't sound right, but it's the best sounding way of saying I could think of) with the wires appearing above ground every so often, also i was thinking of building redpower airships, one or two mobile oil refinerys and perhaps one or two warships, I've recently learned how to weaponize one using deployers and mining lasers. I was thinking of doing all the buildings in a Victorian style using iron fences and tall, black buildings; I would I think I could achieve a grime look by cutting brown wool with the hand saws. Also I like the idea of doing half buildings with scaffolding and leaving them to look under construction as alot of things like that where taking place during that time period. Once I've completed that I would like to do a massive single axis ,redpower ,space station (y axis only, so up and down like a lift) that is 100% powered by solar or nuclear energy (I know I said a clean air town has been over done, but I have never seen a space station) I think a cyro lab could be added for the space station, a massive captains bridge all stuff you would expect from a space station, I think using some redpower trickery I could also build escape pods, I think I might losely base it around the space/war/thingy ma bob that is used to hold to the Chancellor whos name escapes and is used by the robot man whos name also escapes in Revenge of the Sith, so I think I might also build a prison, I'm yet to dicide whether to make a sort of space station where you can live or a prison on for crimals too deadly to stay on earth.

Whilst writing the second paragraph I had the idea to include two types of high streets of sorts one that only sells items from EE (amulets, rings, Dark and Red matter) and wierd animals (silverfish, mooshrooms and things like that) this highstreet would be hidden by a piston door, you get on a railtrack and your sent to this highstreet, whilst the other one would be a general highstreet selling stuff like batterys, and various miscellany and would have shops such as: a gunsmiths, a butchers, a bakers, a candle stick makers XD as well as a blacksmiths that sort of thing. Also no town would be complete without a dark alley with cobwebs and a Spider spawner (if one could be spawned in) with indiction torches, to stop a spider ramage. Minecraft experience: I've had Minecraft for since I got my new laptop last Christmas, since my old one couldn't run it for some reason, I think that may be down to my family filling it with junk and other such non-sense, however I have been playing it for a very long time at my friends house.

Tekkit experience: Whilst I only got Tekkit recently I have used some of the Mods within the pack individually, the one I use most would be EE.

Why you want to join the server I'm so sick of large servers with lists of banned items, it drives me insane. Also your server seems to have a nice community so I imagine griefers are a not a problem which they are for many other small servers, therefore combining the best of both worlds. Also since my first application I have applied for a few servers and have played on a few, but only one I have liked and that has very little building, other than machines, since this seems be focused on building and I would like try out some of the tekkit materials in a project, since the full extent of my building in tekkit was my work hovel there are alot of things I'm yet to try and would like to. I would like to aplogise for the poor effort I applied to my application previous to this one, but I hope this excuse is enough to compensate; this was the first server I have ever applied for and in all honesty I had very little in the area of a clue, I thought nobody wants to read a massive application, and many others seemed short on the other servers I looked at so I made a small effort and hoped that I had covered all the points in aslittle space as possible, since then I have learned that bigger is better. Thank You.

I knew I would forget this, but I really like the word rupee (Indian currency) so please insert it where appropriate. (I would put it somewhere near the area where I talk about a highstreet, something like all will be sold for the reasonable prices starting at 1 rupee, would be good, but if you find a better place tell me!)

IGN: Slee_

Project you plan to build: Nice modern buildings just for the looks. Perhaps some fun rides with railcraft even a little redstone wiring.

Minecraft experience: Played since alpha.

Tekkit experience: I have had enough experience to understand the beginner and intermediate levels of lots of mods. Every i continue to learn something new about tekkit which makes it more fun everytime i play.

Why you want to join the server: I would like to see what its like to build as a team. Relax and just chat with people. Only played singleplayer and this seems like a good chance to share my creations and such.

I would really like an answer regarding whether or not my revised application has been accepted.

Well looking at the fact that you havent had a reply I should imagine that would be a no your not accepted, its not a job app the server owner has no reason to reply to every application regardless how long you made it :-P

But still be patient you never know.

Since it would seem that my most recent application has been declined I will improve it, so this application Mk3, hopefully there will be no Mk4.

Project you plan to build: I would like to attempt to build a SteamPunk style town; I like the clean air towns, you know all white floors very modern, but I feel like that has been done a lot, even a tiny bit overdone perhaps, so I was thinking rail tracks either in the air underground or beside the road, as well a massive coke coal powered power grid (that doesn't sound right, but it's the best sounding way of saying I could think of) with the wires appearing above ground every so often, also I was thinking of building redpower airships, one or two mobile oil refineries and perhaps one or two warships, I've recently learned how to weaponise one using deployers and mining lasers. I was thinking of doing all the buildings in a Victorian style using iron fences and tall, black buildings; I would I think I could achieve a grime look by cutting brown wool with the hand saws. Also I like the idea of doing half buildings with scaffolding and leaving them to look under construction as a lot of things like that where taking place during that time period. Once I've completed that I would like to do a massive single axis ,redpower ,space station (y axis only, so up and down like a lift) that is 100% powered by solar or nuclear energy (I know I said a clean air town has been overdone, but I have never seen a space station) I think a cyro lab could be added for the space station, a massive captains bridge all stuff you would expect from a space station, I think using some redpower trickery I could also build escape pods, I think I might loosely base it around the space/war/thingy ma bob that is used to hold to the Chancellor whose name escapes and is used by the robot man whose name also escapes in Revenge of the Sith, so I think I might also build a prison, I'm yet to decide whether to make a sort of space station where you can live or a prison on for criminals too deadly to stay on earth.

Whilst writing the second paragraph I had the idea to include two types of high streets of sorts one that only sells items from EE (amulets, rings, Dark and Red matter) and weird animals (silverfish, mooshrooms and things like that) this high street would be hidden by a piston door, you get on a rail track and your sent to this high street, whilst the other one would be a general high street selling stuff like batteries, and various miscellany and would have shops such as: a gunsmiths, a butchers, a bakers, a candle stick makers XD as well as a blacksmiths that sort of thing. Also no town would be complete without a dark alley with cobwebs and a Spider spawner (if one could be spawned in) with interdiction torches, to stop a spider rampage. Minecraft experience: I've had Minecraft for since I got my new laptop last Christmas, since my old one couldn't run it for some reason, I think that may be down to my family filling it with junk and other such non-sense, however I have been playing it for a very long time at my friends house.

Tekkit experience: Whilst I only got Tekkit recently I have used some of the Mods within the pack individually, the one I use most would be EE, I managed to get full redmatter armour with Hurricane boots, they're cool but they're a waste of resources, not as good as a swift wolf. In the short time I have had tekkit I have made nuclear reactors, helped build a warship, built a mobile oil refinery, had a fully functional factory using induction furnaces, rotary macerators, and singularity compressors, each with the full six overclockers, on a few servers I have managed to get quantum armour, I have been in and owned a few factions, all this and more, but there is much more I hope to achieve, and hopefully on your server.

Why you want to join the server I'm so sick of large servers with lists of banned items, it drives me insane. Also your server seems to have a nice community so I imagine griefers are a not a problem which they are for many other small servers, therefore combining the best of both worlds. Also since my first application I have applied for a few servers and have played on a few, but only one I have liked and that has very little building, other than machines, since this seems be focused on building and I would like try out some of the tekkit materials in a project, since the full extent of my building in tekkit was my work hovel there are a lot of things I'm yet to try and would like to. I feel like I should leave you with this I'm a very competitive and determined person, once I set my mind to something I don't stop, and I really want to join this server and will keep trying until I do manage to get on. I hope this doesn’t come across arrogant; I like to think I’m not, and have never been told otherwise.

Imnotinsane not to rain on your fire but it may well not help improving the app as it might be the way in which you have answered but I cant really say as I haven't seen compass for a few days online, just be patient and accept that you may well just not be suitable for this server.

IGN: MaximusPrime3

Project you plan to build: Small house or help others with builds

Minecraft experience:about 1 year

Tekkit experience: good with all but redpower and cc

Why you want to join the server: because most other servers have griefers or are littered with giant builds.

just looking to settle down with some nice people and a slightly open map

Imnotinsane not to rain on your fire but it may well not help improving the app as it might be the way in which you have answered but I cant really say as I haven't seen compass for a few days online, just be patient and accept that you may well just not be suitable for this server.

Thank you, you've been really helpful and I won't bother with another application if that is the case. Thanks

Project you plan to build: I feel like a Mage or Wizard district or perhaps college would be a great addition to your server, but I'm more than willing to attempt any number of builds anybody requests.

Minecraft experience: I've had Minecraft for since I got my new laptop last Christmas, since my old one couldn't run it for some reason, however I have been playing it for well over two years at my friends house.

Tekkit experience: Whilst I only got Tekkit recently I have used some of the Mods within the pack individually, the one I use most would be EE.

Why you want to join the server I'm so sick of large servers with lists of banned items, it drives me insane. Also your server seems to have a nice community so I imagine griefers are a not a problem which they are for many other small servers, therefore combining the best of both worlds.

I've been following the thread when time has permitted but there really hasn't been time to properly respond. While I admire your persistence and enthusiasm we have to decline your application. One of our criteria in evaluating potential players is the strength of the FIRST application they post in the thread.

When a player posts what you originally have above here, it shows that they didn't read the entire advertisement. I didn't give specifics about what content we were looking for in an application, but I mentioned it had to have enough substance to it that we could identify the type of player you are, both style and personality, so we could determine if you would fit in with the existing player base and what our goals are on the server. I said that one or two sentences would not get you accepted, and that was EXACTLY what you gave us.

If you didn't really read the advertisement, it gives the impression that you read only the parts you cared about (such as server details and plug-ins), but you didn't bother to read what we were looking for in a player. As such you couldn't sell yourself properly to us in order to get an invite.

In the future, read the entire advertisement thoroughly. Get an idea of what the server admins are looking for an expect from a player and then put your best foot forward. Present yourself in that fashion and the servers will open up for you.

IGN: holamuch

Project you plan to build: just my own enviorment/city

Minecraft experience: alot of months but stopped playing after tekkit

Tekkit experience:months of play but havent built anything huge mostly know basics of each part of tekkit

Why you want to join the server: i enjoy smaller servers better community

Posted from the MC Forums:

IGN: Alcheya

Project you plan to build: I want to, finally, build a city. Not a 10x10 square tower to the sky.. An actual city, with multiple buildings utilizing architectural references to a point. I used to play vanilla almost nonstop but I was always spending my time gathering resources to make sure I had enough to build everything I wanted to build.

I found tekkit a few months ago and played with some family and friends on a private server I hosted for them and myself, but it was mostly just me. I had a great time when I had people on, but other than that, I lost interest. I decided to find a small whitelisted server and I started on one recently.. But only 5 days on the server and it's going down due to the administrator's real life getting in the way. I was able to get quite a bit done in the small time I've been playing there, but with it's inevitable downfall, I'm looking to move on.

This is an imgur album of what I did in the past few days after I had enough resources to start building:

http://imgur.com/a/oKKXb#0

Don't mind my way-points, my little 5x6 shack that I was living out of while I gathered resources was back there. Most EMC generation methods were banned/nerfed on the server (blazerod maceration/etc) , and only MK1 collectors/relays were able to be made, so it was a bit more difficult than some places to get the RM/resources I did have. Actually just managed to get moved into the white building, set up the machinery for a makeshift solar panel factory, make an HV solar array, get full quantum, etc.. today... 6 hours spent placing microblocks and 4 hours wiring lamps yesterday.. gah.. Ah well.. tongue.png

Minecraft experience: I've been playing since Beta 1.5 and I'm fairly well-versed in redstone wiring/contraptions. Tekkit has broadened the spectrum to a whole new level. O_O

Tekkit experience: Approximately 3 or 4 months now.

Why you want to join the server: It seems like the server is keeping a tight grip on the whitelist/application approvals, so there is minimal worry of getting griefed. OP seems like a mature person, and maturity usually means stability. I am looking for a place to play permanently. I'll be heading back to work soon, so I won't be on 24/7, but I will be fairly active even then.

I've been following the thread when time has permitted but there really hasn't been time to properly respond. While I admire your persistence and enthusiasm we have to decline your application. One of our criteria in evaluating potential players is the strength of the FIRST application they post in the thread.

When a player posts what you originally have above here, it shows that they didn't read the entire advertisement. I didn't give specifics about what content we were looking for in an application, but I mentioned it had to have enough substance to it that we could identify the type of player you are, both style and personality, so we could determine if you would fit in with the existing player base and what our goals are on the server. I said that one or two sentences would not get you accepted, and that was EXACTLY what you gave us.

If you didn't really read the advertisement, it gives the impression that you read only the parts you cared about (such as server details and plug-ins), but you didn't bother to read what we were looking for in a player. As such you couldn't sell yourself properly to us in order to get an invite.

In the future, read the entire advertisement thoroughly. Get an idea of what the server admins are looking for an expect from a player and then put your best foot forward. Present yourself in that fashion and the servers will open up for you.

Okay, thank you, it is a shame that I wasn't accepted, but I appreciate the effort you went to in order to reply, so thank you.

IGN: rex480

Project you plan to build: dont no but im pretty good at buildig things i think

Minecraft experience: since alpha

Tekkit experience: not that much but i no the basics and i am pretty good on buildcraft and redpower

Why you want to join the server: i want a tekkit server to play on i love mods

i will be active a lot

http://www.youtube.com/user/sims3svenska?feature=mhee

IGN: arallak

Project you plan to build: I'll make a small town with factories with rails connecting them.

Minecraft experience: 2 years experience in construction, redstone.

Tekkit experience: 1 year.

Why you want to join the server: I want to make friends and have fun.

IGN: Ikon106

Project you plan to build: A large in-the-air quarry, and sorting system

Minecraft experience: LOTS

Tekkit experience: Not so much, I am hoping this server will get me going.

Why you want to join the server: I like smallish, white-list servers. And the fact that it is PVE i a great bonus.

IGN: b0dhi

Project you plan to build: A cool city with friends

Minecraft experience: About a month or so

Tekkit experience: Same, started with Tekkit after seeing some cool stuff on youtube.

Why you want to join the server: I am looking for a good server to play on, with some great people!

IGN: Pleomir

Project you plan to build: Main headquarters of Pleomir's distillery a.s. So big distillery in which I will brew rum, beer and coffee. Also a pub where I would sell my merchandise and with arcade games (using CC). And because you cant brew without crossbreeding, I shall build also greenhouses. That is just main project I plan doing everything in a long time. For example crazy rollercoaster.

Minecraft experience: Well, I play Minecraft for about a year, and I think of myself as a very experienced Minecraft player. For about three months I have played warez Minecraft, but I wanted to go multiplayer, so I bought Minecraft. Then I spent some time on one czech server(BTW I am from Czech republic) Crazycraft, then it was cancelled and so I have tried a lot servers. But none of them was good. After that I stopped playing Minecraft for about two months, but I was still watching videos (Yogscast).

Tekkit experience: When Yogscast started playing tekkit, I started too. For some time just in singleplayer, experimenting what is possible in tekkit. It was all nice and dandy on my singleplayer server, but one day it crashed when I went through Nether portal. And I lost that world. I was enraged, but in general I am calm person, so I wanted to play again. Me and my friends were then searching for some good tekkit servers, but it haven't ended well. Until now! So I hope you will accept me :)

Also I am quite experienced with IC (mainly crossbreeding), Buildcraft and EE. For some time now I am learning (in creative) Redpower and Computercraft.

My biggest achievement is probably crossbreeding new plants(like terrawart or sticky reed) and making an elevator using Redpower and Computercraft.

Why you want to join the server: I want to join your server because it best suits my conditions for good server. Which are: minimum of banned items, small comunity, non PVP focus and minimum plugins. Just keeping it natural. Also as I read this thread, it seems that you are really really careful on letting people in. That is also what I like, because it is great to be part of small comunity where everybody knows everybody, and where I don't have to care about people griefing my buildings and stealing my stuff.

I hope this is enough, because I really want to join your server :)

Hey Pleomir,

I'll get you added to the whitelist tomorrow after we mark out some territory you can build on and get yourself set up with a home.

We just broke ground on the metropolis city zone and we've been at it all day. So tired and need a rest, but we're liking what we've started in this new city...

DQdGU.png

IGN: TJP12409

Project you plan to build: First I would get myself situated in a home, gather supplies, get sorting systems up etc.. Then I would be glad to help out with any project around the server. If anything else, simply expand my own living space with "rooms" for each of the various mods. Potentially build a Castle with all sorts of dungeons and such. Medieval themes are what I like to build with the most

Minecraft experience: Been playing minecraft since mid beta and have plenty of experience with the mechanics and gameplay.

Tekkit experience: While I have the more simple mods mastered (EE and IC2) I want to start using some of the other mods available to me (RedPower and Buildcraft) and start putting them to better use.

Why you want to join the server: Looking for a good medium sized community that I can help out and collaborate with in Minecraft. I particularly like that this server has a bit of a stricter whitelist and that the server really gives the community something to work together towards.

IGN: Godkend_Algaz

Project you plan to build:

I plan to build an imperium, full of magic and wonder. That would consist power flowers, high up in the air, like magical stars and mighty castle in the middle of it all. But first things first! I need to start somewhere. I would build a little cozy house, where I could weather the storms and invite my friends for a good cup of tea.

Good friend of mine, Pleomir, is forming a distillery company which I'd love to join and help him through. That means I would need to grow some plants and do some technical things and not just magic. Or maybe, I wouldn't build a magical imperium. I usually don't plan much far in the future, so I may even build something else. Like a farm, or I could stay in my cozy little house. God knows. But I know for sure that I'll be doing Equivalent Exchange. The big way.

Minecraft experience:

Minecraft. That's the game. It's like it has been made for me. It's my love, my---precious. No! Now seriously. I play Minecraft since 1.3 beta and it has been an amazing experience. I love to remember on the good old times playing on Crazycraft with Pleomir. But those times are long gone and now we play Tekkit. Not that we didn't play Minecraft anymore, no. It's still an amazing game, but Tekkit is something new, something wild, something that wants to be explored.

Tekkit experience:

I started playing Tekkit when Pleomir did. We played on a server known to us. Oh lord.. we did some crazy things there. Pleomir's company started up there too. I was helping where I could and because my knowledge of technology is not so great I didn't do much. I hope I'll be able to learn more now, because the server got quickly all wrong and from then we were searching for a good server, but now it seems we found one. I learned Equivalent Exchange, which I like the most but I know what else Tekkit has to offer. As of the Pleomir's company, I believe that there will be a lots of planting and engineering too. I am excited!

Why you want to join the server:

I want to join because I want to enjoy playing Tekkit with my friends and as it is, my friends would be everyone on the server. Also the whole system is like made for me. No critical items are banned, everybody knows everybody, little community and no fear of griefing. Just pure Tekkit fun. And if you'd accept me, I will create my story, which would include the whole server. And so I certainly won't be away from the community.

Now now, I hope this is enough and hopefully, see you in the game.

Sincerely yours, Godkend.

2012-07-10_15.26.48.png

Sorry for the delays in approvals, people. We're seeing some lag on the server and I suspect someone created a machine with either overflow issues or a redstone timer set to redonkerous repeats. Once we get a handle on where the lag is coming from, we'll determine if we can bring more players on board.

IGN:Nazgulnome

Project you plan to build:I would love to find a mountain somewhere to build a laboratory inside of. I want to create a tinkertown where gnomes of all sorts will feel welcome to drop in and fiddle with the very cutting edge of science. I have vowed to someday break the laws of thermodynamics and create that elusive perpetual motion machine.

Minecraft experience:Vanilla since beta 1.8

Tekkit experience:I've been experimenting for about 2 to 3 months, exploring the surface of Industrialcraft, buildcraft, Equivalent Exchange and redpower. I haven't touched railcraft yet, but rails leading into the moutain lair would be pretty neat.

Why you want to join the server: I used to play on a vanilla server pretty extensively, and enjoyed the community atmosphere. I appreciate a server that expects mature behavior and supports a collaborative approach to an inherently creative game. Playing tekkit with others would be a brand new experience of a game that i already love playing single player.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons