What to do on my Tekkit server?

Mettrone

I have run our of ideas and things to do on tekkit. I have like 2000 red matter but what's the point there is nothing to do with it. I need some sort of idea or a list of things to do. Different buildings or something so please guys help me out here I love this mod pack and I want to get more out of it.

So far I have built an underground complex that holds my nuclear reactor, the whole underground facility is only accessible via a very meticulously coded operating system on my computer (logon, clearance etc)

I have built a mob trap that generates red matter

I have many solar arrays

And I have the best weapons and armour, but there must be more to it :D SOOOO TELLL MEEE

How about a large-scale lava cell producing factory, based in the Nether, movable via frames so once you use up the lava in one area, you can go drain another. The Railcraft idea also sounds good, how about adding stations with automated ticket collection? Also, would it happen to be possible to force-load a world in multiplayer, i.e not by having a player in it.

IMO, I think the best approach to the "what to do now" block that always crops up is to simply build a real vibrant city. Lay out a road network, build housing, shops, work areas, churches, wells, farms, etc... Ultimately that's really all there is to do once you have enough infrastructure to emulate creative mode.

How about building highly stable nuclear power stations that resemble its real counterpart? I personally built a medium-to-large nuclear power station that has cooling (by compressing snow that is generated by a snow golem and feeding ice into the reactor), safety trippers (if temperatures are too high), backup generators and power storage&transforming units. I'm personally proud of that, and I literally spent weeks building the entire thing although I'm in creative. Quite a fun challenge to take up on!

• 1 month later...

@PieLover Incase you haven't already realised, you cannot load any dimension other than the one you are in. Therefore it is impossible to load the nether in the overworld, even with a world anchor/teleport tether (they are for loading a 3x3 of chunks that you are not in). The forge crew are working on something to allow this but the reason why it is impossible is to do with how minecraft was created itself and i doubt they will be able to.... Hope this was useful :)

@PieLover Incase you haven't already realised, you cannot load any dimension other than the one you are in. Therefore it is impossible to load the nether in the overworld, even with a world anchor/teleport tether (they are for loading a 3x3 of chunks that you are not in). The forge crew are working on something to allow this but the reason why it is impossible is to do with how minecraft was created itself and i doubt they will be able to.... Hope this was useful :)

Actually, in multiplayer, chinkloading blocks do load worlds. they don't load worlds in singleplayer, but as this thread (which you necroed) is about what to so on a SERVER, singleplayer machanics are unimportant to the discussion.

I think you should discuss this with your fellow players.

I actually set up a gigantic transport hub, constantly receiving goods from factories spread across the map, and sending them to other players automatically.

You know, that town over there wants scrap and wood, so the scrap and wood train gets diverted down line 'H' etc.

• Moderators

yeah, perhaps not the best idea. The thought of someone playing with flint and steel near it, or mining laser. Or lightning striking it.... ouch.

I like Darth's idea, a railway system looks cool and is fun to make.

Ooh oh, make an underground railway system! And make sure the entrance to the underground looks like a golden v... well you know...

I was so close to post that word...

• Moderators

How is it sexism? It's just the human body. Penis, vagina, boobs, all just anatomy. The only reason I see for it not to be posted is so that the less mature audience of these forums don't go crazy saying "OMG HE SAID PENIS HAHAHAHA!!!!!!1!1!!!1!"

It's not the word, it's how you put it in a sentence that might offend some people (read: a few female mods)

• 1 month later...