[3.1.2] Aftermath [PvP] [42 slots] [Greylist] [A great variety of plugins, see thread] [No EE]

Typical_Name

Good question, mightymice! The server actually hasn't had a formal war in its entire history, and the old admin didn't fully flesh out the concept. Just today I was formulating a system for warfare, tell me what you think: http://newaftermath.freeforums.org/warfare-functionality-t163.html

Also, application accepted. It should work, but if it doesn't, I'll most likely check back and look into it in the morning.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally find the idea of being able to completely raze my enemys land to the ground and take their money a very fuckin' awesome idea. I think most people would be turned off by the idea of losing all of their work. I also wondered if you can force war on anybody(cities and nations of course), and if you lose all land protection to everybody when in a war? Also, is there any reason you didn't want to go with towny?

Yes, there is - Towny's war feature sucks. The reason we didn't go with Factions is because their economy features aren't that great. The reason we didn't go with HeroStronghold is because their land plots can only be in perfect cubes (ie, not rectangles). The reason we didn't go with some other town plugin is because they had no war feature. Plus, for some reason I find that people tend to think that receiving their land in 8x8 squares (or 16x16 if you go with default size) means that they have to build cubes of that size. Towns are much prettier when players get one big area to work with.

Yeah, you can force war on others. The way declaration of war works is that you send a pm to me notifying me of your intentions, and after a variable period of time I will notify the defending nation, and after another period of time after that I take off the worldguards of both nations. Now that I think about it, you DO lose your protection to everyone within a war, under the current way I'm thinking of doing it. I guess I could simply make it so that each nation's players has worldguard access to the other and all the anti-tnt flags and such are turned off, it would be more complicated on my side but players probably wouldn't notice the difference.

Your In-game Name: Han1014

What you like to do on Minecraft: Building, and Secret bases!

Essay: Jack Churchill was a Lieutenant Colonel in the British Army during WWII, He Captured 43 Nazis using a Scottish Broadsword, and is the only person in WWII to get a confirmed kill with a bow.

He also played the Bagpipes. During Battle.

When asked why he wore a Sword he said "any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly armed."

Accepted. Although I should warn you, denkdaetz, ComputerCraft is disabled on this server. You can try and convince me to enable it, if you want, I'm primarily concerned with the security aspect of it.

I also mentoined, that I work with the RedPower 2 Control Computers, if they aren't disabled too... Now, what about ComputerCraft? ComputerCraft ist basically a security utility and also a giant entertainment system, if I can call it that. It's fairly easy to program and also has some nice built in features with it (Also, you can make giant advertisements with the Montiors). RedPower 2 Control Computers are a fully emulated old 8-Bit machine from the 70's / 80's but still it's quite powerful, you just have to get used to it. With both you can control things (Doors, locks, Wireless connections, etc.). I once managed to make a small utility for the RedPower2 Computer, that sends signals through wireless redstone and this signal gets decoded into a message (e.g. "Hello"). Would be good to communicate from Base A to Base B.

Also, thanks that you accepted me :)

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons