End-Game Tekkit?

SO, I'm newer to Tekkit than most people. Started about a week ago, and I don't look up much about it. I like to find things out on my own (Using Recipe Mode :P.)

Anyway, I Got the Energy condenser for the first time, and I've been having fun with it. I feel like I can make anything... but, what is there to make? Tell me the more powerful, most useful end-game things in tekkit. I'd love to just go for it. I already made some dark matter, but I don't want to make tools, I'd rather use My rubies and repair them. So ,that being said, what are the coolest things in Tekkit?

Making those items can be trivially easy depending on how you play the game, so it may not really be a challenge at all. . The real challenge would be to do it without building an Energy Collector or any other form of automatic EMC generator.

Very much true, energy condenser makes the game very easy. I usually avoid getting one untill i've done all the rest. I built one yesterday on a new server because I didn't want to go through all the mining stuff.. just a basic cobblestone gen. It got me almost 100 diamonds already with no effort at all.

Try getting a diamond drill and get all the items by mining. A lot more work but a lot more satisfying too.

Or, if you don't want to use EE, try playing with redpower frames. There are a lot of neat things you can do with those. For example, I have a mobile levitating airbase, with an attached frame quarry, oil pump and refinery, machine shop, sleeping quarters, storage room, and computer craft entertainment center. And all of that is surrounded with a remote controlled shield system powered by a nuclear reactor. Albeit, this was my fourth base on my server, and I built it with three friends. But if you want a challenge a bit more fun than grinding for gem armor, I'd highly recommend this.

The general rule is this. When you are just learning the mods, make sure to use EE for quick/ easy resources. Then, on your second world, try thinking of ways to use the other mods to collect materials, and make cool contraptions. On your third world and onwards, try to avoid using EE as much as possible while learning some of the more obscure aspects of each other mod. If you follow this procedure, you should find yourself feeling more satisfied at accomplishing a goal the less you use EE and the more you use your brain.

well, to be more specific I was asking whether not a bed still functions after it has been moved.

If this behavior that you personally have witnessed? Or simply an inference you are making based on other experiences.

well, to be more specific I was asking whether not a bed still functions after it has been moved.

If this behavior that you personally have witnessed? Or simply an inference you are making based on other experiences.

It's a assumption, but I'm pretty sure if a bed was moved, your next spawn will simply be the original spawn point, and it will tell you "your bed was removed or obstructed" massage. I can test it out later to confirm.

unfortunately, that matches my experience with frames.

Is your statement regarding the movement of frames in chunk loaded areas also an assumption or have you succeeded in creating an autonomous frame-ship in SMP

You are starting to sound like a lawer.

And I have no experience with frames in SMP, but I do know that in SSP, chunk loaders do work when attached to frames.

Or, if you don't want to use EE, try playing with redpower frames. There are a lot of neat things you can do with those. For example, I have a mobile levitating airbase, with an attached frame quarry, oil pump and refinery, machine shop, sleeping quarters, storage room, and computer craft entertainment center. And all of that is surrounded with a remote controlled shield system powered by a nuclear reactor. Albeit, this was my fourth base on my server, and I built it with three friends. But if you want a challenge a bit more fun than grinding for gem armor, I'd highly recommend this.

The general rule is this. When you are just learning the mods, make sure to use EE for quick/ easy resources. Then, on your second world, try thinking of ways to use the other mods to collect materials, and make cool contraptions. On your third world and onwards, try to avoid using EE as much as possible while learning some of the more obscure aspects of each other mod. If you follow this procedure, you should find yourself feeling more satisfied at accomplishing a goal the less you use EE and the more you use your brain.

That's the thing.. I don't know what to make, or what half of the things do on Tekkit. What are some of the machines that actually do something cool?

That's the thing.. I don't know what to make, or what half of the things do on Tekkit. What are some of the machines that actually do something cool?

Ok, I misunderstood your original post Meteora. As a few short term goals, I would try to at least dabble in every mod in the pack, starting with industrial craft. You don't have to do much with every item if you don't want to, just look through NEI and find an item that looks/sounds cool. Make it and see what it does. That's the strategy I used to learn all the mods, just make items that seem interesting. As a start though, I would recommend trying to craft an Electric Jetpack. This requires you to build an energy storage unit (batbox) and a generator to use, so it is a good first step to the rest of industrial craft.

Ok, I misunderstood your original post Meteora. As a few short term goals, I would try to at least dabble in every mod in the pack, starting with industrial craft. You don't have to do much with every item if you don't want to, just look through NEI and find an item that looks/sounds cool. Make it and see what it does. That's the strategy I used to learn all the mods, just make items that seem interesting. As a start though, I would recommend trying to craft an Electric Jetpack. This requires you to build an energy storage unit (batbox) and a generator to use, so it is a good first step to the rest of industrial craft.

Alright. Thanks warp. I will do that

Challenge Accepted.

You want a Challenge?

1. Make a DarkRoom > A room which is dark and deployers automatically plant bone meal to drop the flower then transpoers pick them up and put them to the condesors

2. Automatic Milking System

3. Automatic Mushroom Stew system

4. Make a Redpower Quarry

5. Make a mark2 Nuclear Reactor with computer powered shutdown (IndustrialCraft and Redpower/Computercraft)

6. Solar Flower : Get Energy Collectors and Relays and make them into a flower shape to make a decent amount of EMC

7. Make Redmatter gem'd armour

8. Make a Morning Start

You do all these sir you get my respect X-)

• 1 month later...

You want a Challenge?

1. Make a DarkRoom > A room which is dark and deployers automatically plant bone meal to drop the flower then transpoers pick them up and put them to the condesors

2. Automatic Milking System

3. Automatic Mushroom Stew system

4. Make a Redpower Quarry

5. Make a mark2 Nuclear Reactor with computer powered shutdown (IndustrialCraft and Redpower/Computercraft)

6. Solar Flower : Get Energy Collectors and Relays and make them into a flower shape to make a decent amount of EMC

7. Make Redmatter gem'd armour

8. Make a Morning Start

You do all these sir you get my respect X-)

Challenge Completed... in just over a week,

Try to make the hardest to break into set of defenses you can, and have other people on your server test them out. That is one of the most enjoyable things on tekkit (disallow glitches as a gentleman's agreement. To "win" a round you have to explain how you go in, and the description cannot include any glitches).

This stays enjoyable for a long time, because youll all keep learning how to defend against new threats as you go, and you will learn about a wide variety of mods in the process.

No mention of Quantum armour yet? That's a bit more interesting to make than gem armour.

I've just recently abandoned using any EE collectors, condensers or transmutation tablets. It sure makes you think about resources differently. And I'm building more interesting stuff. With condensors there, the goal always seemed to be to make a machine that can gather emc in a different way.

Basically I have some great challenges for advanced people.

For me, End-Game tekkit doesn't truly exist. There exists a way to it though !

With that kind of thinking logic, you will notice that tekkit has millions of possibilities, unlike vanilla minecraft where u slay a dragon and gg wp now u can sandbox all game.

Basically in my opinion there are many stages in tekkit, which determine the learning order and the way you are capable of combining different mods ( I hope you will get what i mean just in a second) .

(I won't include all mods in stages btw, like Railcraft for example)

1st Stage is EE[Equivalent Exchange]. Nothing hard there just crafting and being op ( BUT NOT A GOD )

2nd Stage is BC[buildCraft]. So here i explain stages. Once you've learnt EE , you know that u can have collecters. Once you know BC, you know you have cool pipes, engines and quarries, which can help you forget collecters for the first part a bit and experiment. With these 2 stages being known, you can just pump out stuff form 1 chest into other from a condenser pretty simply without any problems (Well, I won't be explaining here detail to detail. I just give simple examples)

3rd Stage is IC2[industrialCraft]. Yes, now you know how you can pump the contents out of your EMC flower into chests and create items automatically through automatic crafting tables (BC). Next part is IC2, it is not really hard to learn but maybe sometimes a bit complicated to memorize everything. Knowing IC2, BC and EE, you will be probably making your first non-collecter machine called "Blaze Rod Macerator" which you would totally love and stuff . But not only that of course, I can tell you that the combination of these 3 mods is already good enough to create factories (My first fully automated factory was Solar Panel Factory). Now to the next part

4th Stage is RP[RedPower]. Now , if you will fully learn this mod, I can say you know more than a majority of the tekkit. The redpower that I am talking about is the one in tekkit, with all add-ons like Computer Craft and stuff. Also the tubes man, the tubes !

I might be regretting not knowing of them when i was at Stage 3 or 2 MAN! No more overflow of coal dust or glass in your solar panel factory ! Now once you have tubes, you are feeling like a mastermind of mega factories with 0 overflow and 100% efficiency! (My last 2 solar factories (1 being LV , second being MV) are fully on tubes and I love them) This mod, redpower, alone on it's own isn't as much fun as it is with those 3 other mods named above. This would be though not a full last tier but lets say around middle-tier if you only need to know the tubing (still, once you've read this thread, you know that you need BC only for simple stuff and tbh, pipes, unlike tubes, connect to practically every machine and thing in ic2, tubes tend to bug out and not connect to some sources)

That's as much as I can tell you about the good order of getting to know tekkit. =)

(This is all from my experience, not a professional teacher nor tekkiter, just love helping people)