Tekkit for Xbox

There is near no chance that Tekkit will be on Xbox.

Mostly for 2 reasons that are nearly completely out of any ones hands. The first being that the Xbox can only just handle Minecraft vanilla with lag and a tiny world (considering the amount of items in Tekkit they would fill up the entire size of the world on Xbox and you need so much stuff for making all of the parts the Xbox world would not even have enough diamonds to make working quarry setup). The second being that the Xbox cannot handle Java no really I am not joking all of the Minecraft code had to be converted or rewritten in to C++ for an Xbox to be able to handle it.

So the chance that modders will spend time rewriting or converting there mods to make it work on a smaller world and be C++ is near zero. The modders already work really hard for near no money and this would just slow them down so much and take up loads more of there time.

Minecraft never should of been on Xbox *sigh*. I really wish more game developers would not give in to Microsoft making exclusive deals with them for huge amounts of money and Microsoft do it so much these days. Notch is great don't get me wrong but this deal should never of been made (and I am not saying that because I own a PlayStation I don't only a PC).

Are you serious? Xbox 360 can't handle vanilla Minecraft? Wow... I haven't looked at the specs but I would imagine one of the top 2 consoles for demanding games to be a bit more powerful than that... o_O

Are you serious? Xbox 360 can't handle vanilla Minecraft? Wow... I haven't looked at the specs but I would imagine one of the top 2 consoles for demanding games to be a bit more powerful than that... o_O

the consoles are like, 7 years old now. it's not like their hardware has gotten any better. the main reason though is that there is no java VM for xbox, and there never will be most likely. ditto for PS3. no VM means no java programs can run, end of story.

edit: also, please note that taunting the mods is still a really bad idea. contrary to popular belief, all of the mods here on the forums are more than capable of running rings around anyone stupid enough to try and "troll" them. that's right little johnny, even the female ones. the cooties don't impair their mental faculties like you think.

the consoles are like, 7 years old now. it's not like their hardware has gotten any better. the main reason though is that there is no java VM for xbox, and there never will be most likely. ditto for PS3. no VM means no java programs can run, end of story.

edit: also, please note that taunting the mods is still a really bad idea. contrary to popular belief, all of the mods here on the forums are more than capable of running rings around anyone stupid enough to try and "troll" them. that's right little johnny, even the female ones. the cooties don't impair their mental faculties like you think.

Damn, you're right. LOL. I hadn't realized it has been that long already... Wait, if there's no VM then how dafuq is there a Minecraft for Xbox? Did they recode it in C++ or something? They should do that with vanilla. And then add a mod API in Lua. :D

(Btw... that last edit bit wasn't for me, right?)

Damn, you're right. LOL. I hadn't realized it has been that long already... Wait, if there's no VM then how dafuq is there a Minecraft for Xbox? Did they recode it in C++ or something? They should do that with vanilla. And then add a mod API in Lua. :D

(Btw... that last edit bit wasn't for me, right?)

Was probably for TigerBomb.

Also, I wouldn't get too optimistic with the Xbox version, last time I checked, they hadn't even updated to 1.2.5. yet, and they may never do.

Was probably for TigerBomb.

Also, I wouldn't get too optimistic with the Xbox version, last time I checked, they hadn't even updated to 1.2.5. yet, and they may never do.

OMG THANK GOD I THOUGHT FREAKACHU WAS GONNA DO THOSE SCARY FREAKY THINGS TO ME AGAIN D=

I don't even have an Xbox. How the hell do you play Minecraft with a controller? I tried that Xpadder program but it did not work... at all. It took like 2 minutes to chop down a small tree.

OMG THANK GOD I THOUGHT FREAKACHU WAS GONNA DO THOSE NASTY THINGS TO ME AGAIN D=

I don't even have an Xbox. How the hell do you play Minecraft with a controller? I tried that Xpadder program but it did not work... at all. It took like 2 minutes to chop down a small tree.

And there you get a warning because caps locks aren't cool, that would be hilarious.

But, yeah, MC really isn't made for consoles. They tried adapting the craft system too, but it's still slow and annoying as fuck.

there was word about putting the realy big mods like bc and ic2 on there but you would require a micorsoft license and all this other nonsense with out being sued or something like that.

Yep Microsoft control everything that goes on Xbox it is not a good modding environment, it would be incredibly hard to get all of the mods licensed on to Xbox.

And anyway Xbox can't handle it. Have you seen the article PC graphics '24 times times more powerful then Xbox 360'? and that is now an old model of graphics card it was compared to. There is no argument that the current Xbox is way too weak for mods and even arguably Minecraft at all.

Mix that with the fact that the crafting system and controls are so slow and not made for Xbox like Xylord and Video boy said...

But, yeah, MC really isn't made for consoles. They tried adapting the craft system too, but it's still slow and annoying as fuck.

And you get a lot of factors against Minecraft mods for Xbox.

Xbox may get better later on but it is unlikely. I think Microsoft are happy keeping the Xbox as primitive as it is now. After all it can run most games locked on minimum settings and since no one seems to even see the difference on minimum setting let alone complain, why would they change it. Plus Xbox getting better by much means that it will cost more, It costing more means that it is closer to the price of a PC and it being closer to the price of a PC means that people might take the extra jump of a few hundred pounds when they see the vast superiority of the PC.

• 7 years later...
On 9/1/2012 at 6:53 AM, SentinelX101 said:

Mostly for 2 reasons that are nearly completely out of any ones hands. The first being that the Xbox can only just handle Minecraft vanilla with lag and a tiny world (considering the amount of items in Tekkit they would fill up the entire size of the world on Xbox and you need so much stuff for making all of the parts the Xbox world would not even have enough diamonds to make working quarry setup). The second being that the Xbox cannot handle Java no really I am not joking all of the Minecraft code had to be converted or rewritten in to C++ for an Xbox to be able to handle it.

So the chance that modders will spend time rewriting or converting there mods to make it work on a smaller world and be C++ is near zero. The modders already work really hard for near no money and this would just slow them down so much and take up loads more of there time.

Minecraft never should of been on Xbox *sigh*. I really wish more game developers would not give in to Microsoft making exclusive deals with them for huge amounts of money and Microsoft do it so much these days. Notch is great don't get me wrong but this deal should never of been made (and I am not saying that because I own a PlayStation I don't only a PC).

Have you forgotten about the marketplace?

On 9/1/2012 at 6:53 AM, SentinelX101 said:

Are you forgetting about the marketplace? Those resource packs and such in there are basically mods 😛

On 9/2/2012 at 8:09 AM, SentinelX101 said:

Yep Microsoft control everything that goes on Xbox it is not a good modding environment, it would be incredibly hard to get all of the mods licensed on to Xbox.

And anyway Xbox can't handle it. Have you seen the article PC graphics '24 times times more powerful then Xbox 360'? and that is now an old model of graphics card it was compared to. There is no argument that the current Xbox is way too weak for mods and even arguably Minecraft at all.

Mix that with the fact that the crafting system and controls are so slow and not made for Xbox like Xylord and Video boy said...

And you get a lot of factors against Minecraft mods for Xbox.

Xbox may get better later on but it is unlikely. I think Microsoft are happy keeping the Xbox as primitive as it is now. After all it can run most games locked on minimum settings and since no one seems to even see the difference on minimum setting let alone complain, why would they change it. Plus Xbox getting better by much means that it will cost more, It costing more means that it is closer to the price of a PC and it being closer to the price of a PC means that people might take the extra jump of a few hundred pounds when they see the vast superiority of the PC.

It's better than waiting a million years for it to load up, and it has way more settings and is much less confusing.