Government in Minecraft?

Pulse95

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. I can't host however.

I usually could but I switched over to shitty FiOs a while ago. The tech support is really bad. I tried finding out how to port forward myself but it went downhill from there. If anyone would care to discuss the server making please add me on skype: evanprosser

On my friends sever there are two factions and one of them has the two ops. There is supposed to be trade but most people are too busy arming themselves and building resource grinders to care. Thus we have one businessman and a bunch of well armed barbarians.

On my friends sever there are two factions and one of them has the two ops. There is supposed to be trade but most people are too busy arming themselves and building resource grinders to care. Thus we have one businessman and a bunch of well armed barbarians.

The logical method? Ban all swords. That should suppress the human's desires.

hope he has enough defenses.

And they also get your thread insta-locked, unless you're in 4chan.

The Offical United States Presidential Election thread didn't get instalocked.

EDIT: Okkamik got banned! Ohhhh nooooo!

Yeah, it had the destiny of the retarded cousin of the insta-lock, the delayed-lock.

I would post the picture of the retarded owl next to the regular owl, but it's a meme. Wait... isn't this topic 4 pages of politics?

This is the only forum I've ever visited where political threads were frowned upon, actually.

Well, to take the sus-mentioned thread as an example, The mods are alright with political discussion at its basis, but it quickly generated in angry people being angry at each other, rather than a rational discussion. This is simply one of those subjects that make people emotional. Rule of the thumb, if you can't bring up the subject during Christmas without spoiling the eve, it will probably make people butthurt in forums as well.

Well, to take the sus-mentioned thread as an example, The mods are alright with political discussion at its basis, but it quickly generated in angry people being angry at each other, rather than a rational discussion. This is simply one of those subjects that make people emotional. Rule of the thumb, if you can't bring up the subject during Christmas without spoiling the eve, it will probably make people butthurt in forums as well.

Well, in most forums there generally seems to be either A) quite slack attitude towards people being angry at each other (which can nice, because there's nothing wrong with emotions and it's usually strongest to those closest to the discussed issue; some of the best debates I've seen has involved shouting matches and death threats) or B) are generally soft and nice enough that people don't get mad (generally, forums where mostly people who don't have to deal with hardships are).

Generally I must say the technic forum is very strongly moderated, though in an uncommon way. Things that are very rarely (or practically never) against the rules in other places are forbidden here (signing your post, posting a meme) while things a lot of forums would ban for are accepted and even encouraged here (lots of comments in the PAINS thread comes to mind).

But, now we're slipping off topic which itself isn't really appropriate... So back to thread.

Do you people tend to favor different governing methods in different modpacks?

I'm having uber fun (What's the alt code for umlaut by the way...) on andrewdonshiik's Technic Battles server.

The corporate attitude was at it's height a while back.

We seemed to get plagued by people who were oblivious to the entire point of the server.

They went for explosions instead of politics, rather than both.

I broke into someone's forcefield, stole all his stuff, then went back to openly admit it. At which point I was tricked to walk into a death room, and promptly lost all my stuff.

Proper corporate politics, ya know?

M-Tech is taking applicants, by the way.