Government in Minecraft?

Pulse95

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(What's the alt code for umlaut by the way...)

Good lord, I've rewritten this bit ten times now. It feels very hard to give these instructions without trying to sound like I'm talking to a ten year old. English not being my native language compounds these problems.

So forgive me if this is going to look like I'm questioning your intelligence:

Find the apostrophe ( ' ) key. If all goes well, left-shift should turn the apostrophe into the quotation mark ( " ). If all goes really well, the quotation mark doesn't immediately appear when you type it.

If the above is true, simply type the letter u. It should now form a u with an ümlaut.

If the above wasn't true: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaeresis_(diacritic)#Keyboard_input

Good lord, I've rewritten this bit ten times now. It feels very hard to give these instructions without trying to sound like I'm talking to a ten year old. English not being my native language compounds these problems.

So forgive me if this is going to look like I'm questioning your intelligence:

Find the apostrophe ( ' ) key. If all goes well, left-shift should turn the apostrophe into the quotation mark ( " ). If all goes really well, the quotation mark doesn't immediately appear when you type it.

If the above is true, simply type the letter u. It should now form a u with an ümlaut.

If the above wasn't true: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaeresis_(diacritic)#Keyboard_input

I think you missed what the thread has become. The information is helpful yes but off topic of the off topicness that has come to be.

I have never seen that to be true. Aside from the Wikipedia article. You don't insult my intelligence, man. You insult my face expertise.

You're probably on a European keyboard of some description. Canada has one that does funky things too, unless it's a French keyboard in disguise.

ë

Those things aren't hard, for me you have to shift click the key at the right of the p.