Off Line mode - Closed lan, cant keep name :(

OK, i have the Tekkit server and client, all work fine, but i want put the server on other machine and login from others computers.

Fine, all work fine. But if i have no Internet, i cant login with correct name any client have name "Player" Damm. Any way to play offline on my closed lan with 3 or 5 people without have internet connection, without lost of names?

So funny to hear all the different stories people make up thinking they are gonna figure out the rigth wording to get help pirating

yes, this does happen but I'd like to believe that not every last person who is trying to use offline mode is a lying pirate. that's why:

They discussed this in another thread.

which is true. I didn't post the solution I came up with though in that thread. there are ways around it easily, it turns out.

yes, this does happen but I'd like to believe that not every last person who is trying to use offline mode is a lying pirate. that's why:which is true. I didn't post the solution I came up with though in that thread. there are ways around it easily, it turns out.

Oh alright. I couldn't remember what thread it was so I didn't go look.

WTF :o Damm, i dont want hack the game. All i want is change name to play offline game on my lan. But u cant keep MYT itens when i have a name "MyNameOnMineCraft", then u enter with "Player", u have nothing. And u cant play with "Player1", "Player2", "Player3", "Player4", damm i'm the player 1, but now i'm the player 4, WTF.....

damm this sucks...

WTF :o Damm, i dont want hack the game. All i want is change name to play offline game on my lan. But u cant keep MYT itens when i have a name "MyNameOnMineCraft", then u enter with "Player", u have nothing. And u cant play with "Player1", "Player2", "Player3", "Player4", damm i'm the player 1, but now i'm the player 4, WTF.....

damm this sucks...

Damm

damm this sucks...

That hurt my eyes to read.... ouch :(

You won't get much help typing things like that as most people will just ignore it. I'll take a go at what you mean.

When you connect as player1 you collect some items, but then when you disconnect and reconnect as a different player, ie player3, you don't have the items you had originally. If you have internet could you not host the server live so everyone can authenticate with MC.net but then have people connect via lan?

I have 6 pc, 1 server and 5 clients, on my HUB, verry simple, but i have no internet on this :(, my internet is on another house, on another computer etc... :(, just that... You can say, "wy u dont bring a cable?" Damm... Then I'll need to make holes all over the wall, break it all to pass a cable. We created this space to play, will soon have internet here, but I wanted it to be able to play minecraft with the rest of the staff as it does not happen.

I have 6 pc, 1 server and 5 clients, on my HUB, verry simple, but i have no internet on this :(, my internet is on another house, on another computer etc... :(, just that... You can say, "wy u dont bring a cable?" Damm... Then I'll need to make holes all over the wall, break it all to pass a cable. We created this space to play, will soon have internet here, but I wanted it to be able to play minecraft with the rest of the staff as it does not happen.

What language do you normally speak?

They mentioned another thread. Maybe if you search something like "offline nickname" you'll be able to find it or something. Or search for configuration files near TechnicLauncher's folder. Maybe they can help you too. You never know.

I have the same issue, I can play at school with my gf but when I get home I cannot. I live out of town where the only internet offered is 60$ for 1.5 down. Thats through satellite. So I too have been trying to play at home but have had no luck. With no internet it should be possible to play offline. I have tried MiscAuthMode and it sort of works. But the last person to log in gets all the power. The other or others have to be within about ten block of thre last person to log on to do things other than destroy. This is very frustrating. Anyone have other ideas? Also I have tried searching for the solution but all I can come up with is solutions for the regular launcher. Not for tekkit.

this is simple to resolve for Tekkit team. Just leave "User Name" Enable if have or not internet connection... Dont need Disable all "form". have the "Name Changer" but work only on nomal minecraft installation, tekkit change all game patch :(...

And by the way, alot of people dont know when creat ur account, but Your LOGIN on SITE is your NICK on game ¬¬. U Can see alot of thread at official minecraft forum about this, DAMMM, Just keep "one single simple text box for your name in game, Enable if have or not internet connection" this resolve the problem.

• Forum Administrators

this is simple to resolve for Tekkit team. Just leave "User Name" Enable if have or not internet connection... Dont need Disable all "form". have the "Name Changer" but work only on nomal minecraft installation, tekkit change all game patch :(...

And by the way, alot of people dont know when creat ur account, but Your LOGIN on SITE is your NICK on game ¬¬. U Can see alot of thread at official minecraft forum about this, DAMMM, Just keep "one single simple text box for your name in game, Enable if have or not internet connection" this resolve the problem.

This isn't a 'problem' at all.

We do it like the default Minecraft launcher does it. We aren't going to do it another way. If you want to copy your Tekkit install to play on an offline lan then you are on your own. We don't provide support for that. The default Minecraft client doesn't have a selectable offline mode, and neither do we.

Move to where the internet is?

I mean it is a little unreasonable to ask for Technic to have very low-level fuctionality that Minecraft doesn't support. Especially when said functionality is a giant "pirate me!" button.

I want Technic to make me a sandwich, but it doesn't, so KakerMix quit your day job and make it happen, mmkay?

This isn't a 'problem' at all.

We do it like the default Minecraft launcher does it. We aren't going to do it another way. If you want to copy your Tekkit install to play on an offline lan then you are on your own. We don't provide support for that. The default Minecraft client doesn't have a selectable offline mode, and neither do we.

:( Ok, thanks for the reply. If the support team already said it will follow the pattern of minecraft, not anything else to say. Thanks for the reply anyway. I like the work of the team Tekkit, I had this idea, I thought it would be something simple. Well I've seen that I was mistaken. I apologize for that ;).

This part is not a reply to the administrator. I AM NOT TRYING TO HACK THE GAME. WAS ONLY TRYING TO PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS ON PLACE WE HAVE, UNFORTUNATELY WE CAN NOT PUT INTERNET YET, WE DO NOT LIVE IN A FIRST WORLD COUNTRY. NOT EVERYTHING IS REASON TO HACK THINGS.

I know it happens, unfortunately, but it happens. BUT THAT'S NOT MY FAULT. >:(

I'm not trying to create a war or anything like that, just wanted to know if there is any way to change the name in a off-line server, and gave an idea. If this is not part of the plans, OK. This need not become a problem.

I have the same issue, I can play at school with my gf but when I get home I cannot. I live out of town where the only internet offered is 60$ for 1.5 down. Thats through satellite. So I too have been trying to play at home but have had no luck. With no internet it should be possible to play offline. I have tried MiscAuthMode and it sort of works. But the last person to log in gets all the power. The other or others have to be within about ten block of thre last person to log on to do things other than destroy. This is very frustrating. Anyone have other ideas? Also I have tried searching for the solution but all I can come up with is solutions for the regular launcher. Not for tekkit.

I have a friend who used to live in another town where they had the same overpriced shitty Internet. It sucked...for him anyway. lol