Whats the bigger waste?

Kruziik_Kel

So what do you all think is the bigger waste of money (using USD here was sent to me by an american friend)

so overkill it would explode

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/iwIN

or such a bad PC it would explode on boot

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ivuc

(NOTE those HDD's would be in raid 0)

id say the horrible one was more of a waste I imagine most of you would say the same just curious

I can think of some people who might beed more than three moniors: Youtubers and Pro Gamers

Youtuber

Monitor 1: Game they are recording (full screen)

Monitor 2: Control panel for recording (fraps, sound settings, skype/teamspeak[may go on monitor 3])

Monitor 3: Chat (teamspeak/skype chat, irc, livestream comments)

Monitor 4: Game Wiki or Walkthrough, Adventure map instructions, etc.. (non chat text)

Pro Gamer

Monitor 1: Game they are playing

Monitor 2: Skype/Teamspeak (chat)

Monitor 3: Wiki or other browser based text (irc if not on second monitor)

Monitor 4: Steam or other digital distribution platform

Some of these could probably be condensed down, but a pro gamer and a youtuber are both people who can use 3 or more screens.

Any youtuber I watch uses two monitors. Game and recording software/publishing. Pro gamers need one. Skype can be on the same screen in the background and steam doesn't need to be open, but can be open in the background. At 70" they wouldn't need to monitors for the game.

I have technically 3. Two hooked up to my main desktop and then my iMac has a huge other one. Other than that I just have my laptop. I only really use my desktop for is gaming and of course movies and REDDITING! :D Anyway just so you know I worked for all that shit. I even remember the price alltogether. It was around 9,400 dollars for all (excluding the laptop).

I have technically 3. Two hooked up to my main desktop and then my iMac has a huge other one. Other than that I just have my laptop. I only really use my desktop for is gaming and of course movies and REDDITING! :D Anyway just so you know I worked for all that shit. I even remember the price alltogether. It was around 9,400 dollars for all (excluding the laptop).

Without the monitors, how much was it?

So you use two for movies and redit(not sure why you need to for that), what do you use the third for?

Since xylord brought it up, my dream computer would cost just under 3,500 usd ( don't hate on me, but this would be a Mac)

So you use two for movies and redit(not sure why you need to for that), what do you use the third for?

Since xylord brought it up, my dream computer would cost just under 3,500 usd ( don't hate on me, but this would be a Mac)

HATEHATEHATE-

Ahem, just wondering, what sort of Mac could a gamer want?

No no no... Did you not see GAMING? That's the main purpose. Although my laptop can run minecraft easily with medium settings at 180 fps, I use my gaming computer. Why you ask? Because my laptop can't record nor run JC2...

Well currently I play games on my MacBook Air. It works perfectly fine and this was the "computer of my dreams" so I just did a beefy iMac. The only limitations are games that aren't Mac ported, but I'll usually already have those for a console. I just find Macs much easier to use and I grew up using them, except for school and if I was at someones house.

To Mrfly: I did miss that part, but I'm still wondering what that third monitor is for.

Well currently I play games on my MacBook Air. It works perfectly fine and this was the "computer of my dreams" so I just did a beefy iMac. The only limitations are games that aren't Mac ported, but I'll usually already have those for a console. I just find Macs much easier to use and I grew up using them, except for school and if I was at someones house.

Gaming on a mac? HAH!

Graphic designers need more than one monitor, seeing a model from different angles constantly tends to be better.

And that just so happens to be what I partly do. I think of it more of a hobby. Creating youtube intros and making templates and things. Easy and fun money.