The GreenWolf Report: Main Thread

GreenWolf13

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow an endorsement from Cheap Shot himself! You've got it made.

Yeah! This may be the only forum thread I have ever subscribed to (I own a tekkit server with xenforo, and am active on at least 4 other forums including technic pack :P)

Keep it up! I look forward to your daily reports :)

I like the cut of your report. Keep it up. Very creative.

Thanks Cheap Shot!

I looked it up,

bi-weekly is once every 2 weeks.

semi-weekly is twice a week.

I'm pretty sure bi-weekly means twice a week but I'll go edit the Original Post to make it clearer. Saying a new report comes out every Monday and Thursday should work fine.

Thanks Cheap Shot!

I'm pretty sure bi-weekly means twice a week but I'll go edit the Original Post to make it clearer. Saying a new report comes out every Monday and Thursday should work fine.

We've been over this but it essentially can mean both

We've been over this but it essentially can mean both

I've still edited the Original Post to avoid any confusion.

Yeah! This may be the only forum thread I have ever subscribed to (I own a tekkit server with xenforo, and am active on at least 4 other forums including technic pack :P)

Keep it up! I look forward to your daily reports :)

First, I want to say that I feel honored that you chose to subscribe to this thread. Thanks.

Second, A report everyday?! Good lord, I couldn't possibly keep up with that kind of workload for long! Plus I'd start running out of ideas to for new reports. I'm glad you like it though.

I've still edited the Original Post to avoid any confusion.

First, I want to say that I feel honored that you chose to subscribe to this thread. Thanks.

Second, A report everyday?! Good lord, I couldn't possibly keep up with that kind of workload for long! Plus I'd start running out of ideas to for new reports. I'm glad you like it though.

Lol, nvm thought you had said every day for some reason. If you need any ideas just msg me and i could probably come up with a few :)

Bi-weekly does mean every other week, so once every two weeks. I'd suggest only doing one bi-weeky or max once a week. You'll burn out and run out of news pretty fast doing it multiple times a week. Things take forever to happen with Minecraft. They haven't even started that stupid API yet apparently.

Not important enough for me to argue with the illustrious Cheap Shot :)

For the best. I might get angry and make it so you can only post bi-weekly. And you wont know if that means you can only post once every other week or twice a week thus rending it useless as a word. Think about it.

For the best. I might get angry and make it so you can only post bi-weekly. And you wont know if that means you can only post once every other week or twice a week thus rending it useless as a word. Think about it.

Thus the reason I didn't continue further. I think we can both agree that it is very confusing?

EDIT: One thing to note is that you should only ever use a hyphen when the following word begins with an i (semi-independent, semi-invalid, semi-infinite)

Thus the reason I didn't continue further. I think we can both agree that it is very confusing?

EDIT: One thing to note is that you should only ever use a hyphen when the following word begins with an i (semi-independent, semi-invalid, semi-infinite)

Agree? Why? I'm not confused. Bi-weekly as twice a week is a United Kingdom useage. The rest of the world has the good sense not to confuse the shit out of people by giving a word two conflicting meanings rendering it useless in speech. Everywhere else, and in official settings it's "every two weeks".

Bi-weekly does mean every other week, so once every two weeks. I'd suggest only doing one bi-weeky or max once a week. You'll burn out and run out of news pretty fast doing it multiple times a week. Things take forever to happen with Minecraft. They haven't even started that stupid API yet apparently.

There's quite a large backlog of things to write about. when I start running into issues of not having enough to write about, I'll switch to once a week, but for now, I have enough material for several months worth of reports.

Bi-weekly as twice a week is a United Kingdom useage. The rest of the world has the good sense not to confuse the shit out of people by giving a word two conflicting meanings rendering it useless in speech.

No comment other than to say that Canada also uses the "confusing" definition. The English language has been said to be the hardest to learn as a second language, so I am not surprised that there are a few confusing quirks to our fine language.

There's quite a large backlog of things to write about. when I start running into issues of not having enough to write about, I'll switch to once a week, but for now, I have enough material for several months worth of reports.

You could write about the bi/semi controversy.

I'm Canadian as well. The UK can keep their confusing definitions. The Queen barely talks to us anymore anyway.

Really! I didn't know that :) Is Kaker French or something (see my clever subject change to a not so controversial one?) because the site is hosted in France IIRC.

No comment other than to say that Canada also uses the "confusing" definition. The English language has been said to be the hardest to learn as a second language, so I am not surprised that there are a few confusing quirks to our fine language.

You could write about the bi/semi controversy.

At least english doesn't have feminine and masculine versions of the same adjectives *cough*French*cough*. we do have feminine and masculine versions of nouns though. I think we can all agree that all language is confusing, especially if you're learning a foreign language.

As for the bi/semi "controversy", it's not really minecraft related is it?

At least english doesn't have feminine and masculine versions of the same adjectives *cough*French*cough*. we do have feminine and masculine versions of nouns though. I think we can all agree that all language is confusing, especially if you're learning a foreign language.

As for the bi/semi "controversy", it's not really minecraft related is it?

Also we have silent letters (why do we do that?) and homonyms and all that fun stuff. As a native English and French speaker I am confident saying that French with masculine and feminine is easier than English.