The GreenWolf Report: Main Thread

GreenWolf13

8cJkn.jpg

Hello, and welcome to The GreenWolf Report Main Thread. Here you can find links to every report, and find out what I have planned for The Report!

Reports

Report 1: Equivalent Exchange 2

Report 2: UU-matter

Report 3: Minecraft for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade Certification

Report 4: Quarries

Report 5: Forge and Java

Report 6: Interview with Jakj

Report 7: Minecraft Update 1.4.2

Report 8: ThaumCraft 2

Special Edition: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

About The GreenWolf Report

The GreenWolf Report is a report on Minecraft, Minecraft mods, modders, and modding, and anything else Minecraft related. Each week on Monday and Thursday, I will release a new report. Every fifth report will deal with important subjects, i.e. Forge, Modpacks, etc... Every tenth report will deal with a large controversial topic, i.e. Modpack Permissions, Closed-Source Modding, etc... Once in a while, I will do a Special Edition Report on a subject not related to Minecraft. Every now and again, I will have a guest reporter write a report. I will also regularly have people help me in researching different subjects for the report. As a final note, I would like to say that the views of The GreenWolf Report and it's reporters are not the views of the Technic Pack Developers, Technic Pack Forum Moderators, or anyone else unless otherwise stated by that person.

Current Researchers and Reporters

GreenWolf13

Watchful 11

Mooseman9

If you wish to help me with research or reporting, please post a reply here stating that you would like to help, and whether you want to be a reporter or a researcher.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind hearing a report on mods and whatnot - given that the story is unbiased and valid information from both sides (In terms of a controversial topic) is given.

If this remains (Reasonably) objective then this has the potential to be something good. :)

I wouldn't mind hearing a report on mods and whatnot - given that the story is unbiased and valid information from both sides (In terms of a controversial topic) is given.

If this remains (Reasonably) objective then this has the potential to be something good. :)

We will try to remain as unbiased as possible and welcome any criticism.

Hm, reportive journalism on Minecraft? Not a bad idea.

EDIT: Maybe OP should compile the reports into a PDF file or something. Then we can have newspaper-style organization: Volume #: Report #: Date Published

Something like that? Make it sound all professionalistic.

I believe things like this work better if you can just see the info on the forum. Not nearly as many people would read it if it was in a pdf. Maybe we will change the format after doing it awhile.

I don't know about the other reporters, but I type my reports up in the Pages app, and just copy/paste the text from them into the forum post. It makes editing and saving easier. So uploading as a PDF is not an option, as converting a pages file to pdf, while easier on iPad than it is on a PC, is still a pain in the arse. And uploading it as an attachment would be even harder. Maybe in the future (if I have a lot of spare time) I will upload some PDF versions of the reports, but don't expect it any time soon.

I don't know about the other reporters, but I type my reports up in the Pages app, and just copy/paste the text from them into the forum post. It makes editing and saving easier. So uploading as a PDF is not an option, as converting a pages file to pdf, while easier on iPad than it is on a PC, is still a pain in the arse. And uploading it as an attachment would be even harder. Maybe in the future (if I have a lot of spare time) I will upload some PDF versions of the reports, but don't expect it any time soon.

Yay, another pages user!

It's easier on an iPad? If you're using Pages (or even Office 2008 or 2011) on a Mac, there is "Print to PDF" support built into the OS. There isn't anything special you need to do. Heck, if you're using something like Office on Windows, then there are free "Print to PDF" options available there, too.

I can't specifically speak to Pages for iOS, but from a few of the support articles I have seen, you can pretty easily Export to PDF or MS Word, and then put it into a Dropbox account, email that to yourself, or send it to the iTunes Document Interface

Boo! Hiss! Pages. Ew.

That program is a pain in the ass. You can't even open Pages files in Microsoft Word, because the save format is incompatible with everything. /minirant

You can save pages files as word documents. problem solved.

The second report will be out later today. Just need to finish one or two more things.

It's easier on an iPad? If you're using Pages (or even Office 2008 or 2011) on a Mac, there is "Print to PDF" support built into the OS. There isn't anything special you need to do. Heck, if you're using something like Office on Windows, then there are free "Print to PDF" options available there, too.

I can't specifically speak to Pages for iOS, but from a few of the support articles I have seen, you can pretty easily Export to PDF or MS Word, and then put it into a Dropbox account,email that to yourself, or send it to the iTunes Document Interface

That's what I do. I export it to open office, save as pdf from there, then move to dropbox, then email it to myself. As for Office on Windows, I don't know what version you're using, but the version I have on my PC doesn't have a print to PDF option.

Edit: Oh crap, just realized I double posted. Sorry.

That's what I do. I export it to open office, save as pdf from there, then move to dropbox, then email it to myself. As for Office on Windows, I don't know what version you're using, but the version I have on my PC doesn't have a print to PDF option.

Edit: Oh crap, just realized I double posted. Sorry.

That workflow seems... excessive. Did you check the links to see if those still work, or are any better (EDIT) than your current workflow?

http://www.cutepdf.com/ This is what I used when was on the Windows side of things. It installs as a printer driver, so it can be used from nearly every application that has print support. Select the "Cute PDF" 'printer', and then it'll have you select the file to create or extend.

That workflow seems... excessive. Did you check the links to see if those still work, or are any better than your current workflow?

http://www.cutepdf.com/ This is what I used when was on the Windows side of things. It installs as a printer driver, so it can be used from nearly every application that has print support. Select the "Cute PDF" 'printer', and then it'll have you select the file to create or extend.

Thanks! I don't know why I never thought of searching for a PDF printer driver. That will be really useful.

These reports sound like that could turn into something very interesting if done right like Adlersch said.

P.S. Adlersch I always picture you as megamind typing on a huge supercomputer to post on the forums.

Typing? Hah! My brain is the supercomputer!

...Anyways, thanks I guess. :P