Get with the program!

GokouZWAR

Tekkit is now 2 versions out of date. I'm sick of playing on old minecraft where bukkit plugins are screaming at me to get the latest versions. I'm pulling the plug on my tekkit server and going back to bukkit solely.

I hope that more people will join me in doing so in protest to the lack of support and lack of updates. Tekkit is really cool, but they need to get with the program and get some updates out. And don't blame the MCPC guys since they're doing all the updates. Why don't you guys get off your butts and do your OWN updates since they couldn't produce one? Clearly I have placed my faith in you guys being able to do SOMETHING wrongly. Just because you slap your own name on someone else's work doesn't mean you deserve any kind of respect. Clearly with the 1.3 minecraft being entirely missed and all of us patiently waiting since AUGUST for SOMETHING that clearly will never come now just goes to show how fail tekkit really is.

The work the MCPC guys do is not some trivial little thing you could knock out in a couple hours on a lazy Sunday afternoon. They didn't deliver a 1.3-based build because the amount of work required was huge even for them, the ones already experienced in working with that code, so now they're trying a completely new approach to how bukkit and mods work together. Until that work is done, nothing can progress, and it would be pointless to have the Technic Pack devs wasting their time 'racing' them to write the same code.

Erm, GokouZWAR... you DO realize none of the Tekkit staff and none of the MCPC staff has any influence on when there can be an update, yes?

Try and swallow some of your righteous internet entitlement fury and activate your brain for a moment. It might help you figure out who you have to contact to voice your complaints. This forum is 100% the wrong place. You might as well be blaming your parents that Tekkit isn't updated, they have exactly as much influence on this as the people here.

Firstly, get off your moral high horse.

Secondly, I don't know but Mojang are a full time company, the guys that compile the technic pack I'm assuming aren't?

So if you want to do what they do part time around everything else you do, then be my guest.

Give them a break.

Ignorance of a subject matter, and arrogance on its delay makes for great posts...

I was thinking he was somewhat intelligent and just misinformed until I saw the end and the 8th grade egotistical usage of 'fail' as an adjective.

And if its so easy to slap the mods together, and toss a name on it..why have you been waiting since august to do so?

Surely by your understanding, you could grab the mods, throw them into a server and be up and running on 1.4.2 modded within an hour? correct? :P

So your complaining is "Guys why you taking so long to do something so simple?!"

MY question to you in turn is "Why you waiting so long on something that you claim is so simple? do it yourself then"

Or is it you are too lazy to do so yourself, so wait for someone else to figure it out, while bitching how lazy they are?

I believe there is a pot, and a kettle in this situation..and you two should meet for tea, you have a lot in common to talk about.

And if its so easy to slap the mods together, and toss a name on it..why have you been waiting since august to do so?

Surely by your understanding, you could grab the mods, throw them into a server and be up and running on 1.4.2 modded within an hour? correct? :P

Not only that but also code a launcher that distributes updates for 5 separate modpacks running different Minecraft versions and pay out of pocket for support forums so that entitled people like OP can yell at you for not doing your "job" faster.