PvP-The Ruination of Minecraft

poryy

PvPers are ruining minecraft. On every suggestion I see something along the lines of "This would be great for PvP" or "This would break PvP." 2/3s of servers allow both PvP and griefing. It is getting extremely hard to find a server without Quantum people camping spawn alongside admins.Minecraft started out as a building game and technic came along to help people build more interesting and epic creations. However, now I see mods adding tools designed for PvP. For example, IC2's dynamite, or half of EE2. This is not a complaint thread. I just want people to know that derpy PvPers are ruining minecraft through their dick moves, like abusing admin, or camping your /back or /home point. What is the fun in playing minecraft if you can never get a diamond pickaxe before some PvPer with teleport hacks comes along and griefs your base and raids your chests? Even on non-Pvp servers this occurs.

So server owners, please consider doing something interesting, not just another hardcore pvp server.

I will be editing and revamping this post at regular intervals.

This is one of the reasons I don't go on servers.

1. They don't have all the mods that I have.
  2. I always hate to hear that I shouldn't do this and that *Yes, griefing and shit* while I don't grief at all, just wanna watch cool creations
  3. PvP. I wanna build you stupid fuck! Stop shooting lasers at me!

My thoughts exactly.

PvPers are ruining minecraft. On every suggestion I see something along the lines of "This would be great for PvP" or "This would break PvP." 2/3s of servers allow both PvP and griefing. It is getting extremely hard to find a server without Quantum people camping spawn alongside admins.Minecraft started out as a building game and technic came along to help people build more interesting and epic creations. However, now I see mods adding tools designed for PvP. For example, IC2's dynamite, or half of EE2. This is not a complaint thread. I just want people to know that derpy PvPers are ruining minecraft through their dick moves, like abusing admin, or camping your /back or /home point. What is the fun in playing minecraft if you can never get a diamond pickaxe before some PvPer with teleport hacks comes along and griefs your base and raids your chests? Even on non-Pvp servers this occurs.

So server owners, please consider doing something interesting, not just another hardcore pvp server.

I will be editing and revamping this post at regular intervals.

I have the exact same feeling, thats why I started my server Unknowncraft. Unknowncraft is a No-Pvp No-Griefing server, I try to encourage a good community.

MOD NOTE: Keep advertising to the server boards please.

I have the exact same feeling, thats why I started my server Unknowncraft. Unknowncraft is a No-Pvp No-Griefing server, I try to encourage a good community so come and try us out:

link to threads, don't put ips, that IP will get owned as soon as a mod sees it.

MOD EDIT: Stop quoting the IPs then dammit!

I have the exact same feeling, thats why I started my server Unknowncraft. Unknowncraft is a No-Pvp No-Griefing server

I was killed by two of your players at spawn, repeatedly, while your admin actively encouraged it. Explain that for a 'No-PVP, No-Griefing, fun environment'. More info is in my post on your server thread.

I was killed by two of your players at spawn, repeatedly, while your admin actively encouraged it. Explain that for a 'No-PVP, No-Griefing, fun environment'. More info is in my post on your server thread.

Yes, my admin told me about this, he said you were being extreamly rude and racist.

I have the exact same feeling, thats why I started my server Unknowncraft. Unknowncraft is a No-Pvp No-Griefing server, I try to encourage a good community so come and try us out: http://unknowncraft.boards.net/index.cgi or http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/3-1-2-unknowncraft-greylist-ee-enabled-lwc-protection-commandbook-20-slots-24-7.22606/

Get off my planet! Keep this to your server thread.

Keep on topic people!

Damnit, I completely fell into Munaus' derail-bait, sorry, Erm, on-topic, uh...

PvP is good in high quality anarchy servers, like this fallout inspired one in the deluxe servers, or the truly war-ish factions servers, or the servers with just you and some friends. It becomes problematic when it's in building servers as an added feature.

Damnit, I completely fell into Munaus' derail-bait, sorry, Erm, on-topic, uh...

PvP is good in high quality anarchy servers, like this fallout inspired one in the deluxe servers, or the truly war-ish factions servers, or the servers with just you and some friends. It becomes problematic when it's in building servers as an added feature.

Exactly. PvP essentially means "Grief all you want" to most people.

Personally i cant stand griefers, I don't know about you guys ,but I think they should go into zoos. That is where the Griefer Zoo comes in place.

What is this Griefer zoo? Well here at Unknowncraft we have a top of the line Griefer Zoo. It has World class Mob protection, World protection, and it gives griefers a 100% wool bed for those chilly nights in the tundra.

(I'll add a picture when the login servers stop acting stupid.)

I don't think there's anything wrong with PvP in and of itself. the problem is when PvP is forced upon people who don't want to PvP.

I wouldn't call the fact that you can kill other players the ruination of MC, but maybe you should either find a small or private server to play on where that doesn't happen or is not allowed. I'm not really an expert on bukkit plugins, but surely there's a way to disable player to player damage for servers that want to remove PvP. I know there's a flag in the server configs, but I don't know if the mod items respect that or not.

I don't think there's anything wrong with PvP in and of itself. the problem is when PvP is forced upon people who don't want to PvP.

I wouldn't call the fact that you can kill other players the ruination of MC, but maybe you should either find a small or private server to play on where that doesn't happen or is not allowed. I'm not really an expert on bukkit plugins, but surely there's a way to disable player to player damage for servers that want to remove PvP. I know there's a flag in the server configs, but I don't know if the mod items respect that or not.

It depends on how the mod items inflict damage. Damage can be inflicted either environmentally (i.e. lava, drowning), by enemies (i.e. zombies, creepers) or by players (i.e. arrows, swords, tnt, splash potions). This is why when you turn the pvp config off splash potion effects don't work on other players, irrespective of other players. It's also why their are separate entities for player fired arrows and skeleton arrows, and why tnt and creepers use different explosions. So it all depends on how the mod is coded.