Creating a custom modpack, instructions unclear.

Tassyr

So I'm trying to create my own modpack. I've never done this, and the instructions are as clear as mud.

Here's where I'm gettin' stuck.

Install Forge

Forge enables Minecraft to load mods.

1. Decide what version of Minecraft you will be using. If you already have a mod in mind, and that mod is a specific version, use that version.
  2. Download Minecraft Forge installer for the version you need. Note: It has to be the installer and not for example, the universal or src.
  3. Before Forge will install and work, you have to run Minecraft at least once for the version you want to install. Run the "Vanilla" Minecraft client selecting the version you want to use and running it at least once. This downloads the game and assets from Mojang making sure you have all of the required files for Forge. After running it once and letting it load all the way, close it.
  4. Run the Minecraft Forge installer now and choose install client. It also gives you an option to choose what directory to install Forge into. The default directory will be the correct one. If you change the location, write it down somewhere. Run the installer.
  5. After it completes, navigate to the location in step 4. You should see a mods folder as well as a few other things.

Okay. so I've got my mods collected. I've got my file structure set up.

What the actual hell am I supposed to be doing?

1) is set- 1.7.10 as with everything.

2) is also set- I've got it in there and renamed.

3) Bwuh? Am I supposed to download minecraft from somewhere and stick it in the folder? 

4) Installer? What installer? I got a file I renamed to 'modpack.jar"     I thought that's what I was supposed to do. 

5) stuck, help?

Edited by Tassyr