Custom spawning with JAS

Munaus

• Moderators

I've made a pack where I'm having an issue with Aquatic Abyss. The mobs - sea serpent, sea horses and swordfish - are not spawning in the ocean biomes or in any water blocks in general. I'm only seeing the small fishies, in both creative and survival mode.

I got JAS, Just Another Spawner, to help me with this but I'm just a complete idiot when it comes to configs.

If anyone can or feel like helping I'll put the download link here: [modpack broke]

If you can fix or point out my dumb issue, I'll gladly credit you in my pack. Users who are credited in a pack made by a forum mod are rumoured, nay destined!, for great things. You might become more attractive to the opposite sex! (or same sex, if you swing that way).

So being credited in a pack made for modded lego is your ticket to fame. Don't hesitate.

Just to repeat my issues:

1) Aquatic Abyss is not spawning sea serpent, sea horses, swordfish and a few other small fishies in the overworld

2) the mod seems to spawn the smaller fish in the Twilight Forest. I'd like that dimension/biome to be blacklisted from Aquatic Abyss.

3) those stupid squids, I'd like their spawn rate considerably toned down in favour of Aquatic Abyss's mobs.

Please do not recommend CustomMobSpawner by DrZhark. I've tried it for 3 days until I found in his forum that it doesn't play along with other mods well.

Edited by Munaus

2 hours ago, Munaus said:

I've made a pack where I'm having an issue with Aquatic Abyss. The mobs - sea serpent, sea horses and swordfish - are not spawning in the ocean biomes or in any water blocks in general. I'm only seeing the small fishies, in both creative and survival mode.

I got JAS, Just Another Spawner, to help me with this but I'm just a complete idiot when it comes to configs.

Please do not recommend CustomMobSpawner by DrZhark. I've tried it for 3 days until I found in his forum that it doesn't play along with other mods well.

Mind pointing me to where you put JAS? I cannot seem to locate it in your modpack folder.

Also, have you tried CMS? Its so great and stuff, that you don't want anything else, and I totally didn't read that last line there!!!

• Moderators

... I didn't upload the new modpack.zip properly to Dropbox. The pack you downloaded is the old one.

Correcting that mistake now.... which takes about an hour. :bang:

Edit. will take longer. I succeeded in uploading a modpack folder inside a modpack.zip folder.

:killself:

• Moderators

so thanks to JaariAtmc we solved this little mystery with Aquatic Abyss spawning issue. Which still seems to be an issue on AA's minecraftforum site.

By installing Just Another Spawner, which lists all mobs from every mod in the pack, I discovered in the config that the majority of watermobs were not listed as watercreatures. They were listed as NONE class. Which is nothing.

The issue with the serpent was its class, MONSTER. Again, thanks to Jaari here, it got discovered that any mobs classed as MONSTER spawns only in monster-related environments. In the dark

uBtbUa8.png

this serpent was spawned in the ocean biome, underground.

So, if you wish to play with Aquatic Abyss you HAVE to get JAS by Crudedragos.

Once installed and configs are generated, head over to config -> JustAnotherSpawner -> WorldSettings -> BASIC -> DEFAULT -> EntityHandlers -> Aquatic Abyss

mark every mob there as WATERCREATURE -true lRO286q.png

now back up and go to SpawnlistEntries and pick AA again.

This is the list you'll love (/hate) the most. this is the spawn chance of all mobs on every biome. Again, make sure every mob here is below the watercreature while filling in the numbers and names. This is also where you can disable all fish from spawning in Twilight forest.

Once all this is done, the serpents, sea horses and swordfish should spawn as normal, within the numbers you set.

Or you could just download my pack from Platform and copy the config files I made there http://technicpack.net/modpack/mu-testing.749748

Enjoy!