Protest against EE3

OJSAMPSON

If you aren't aware yet, the next update to tekkit removes rm, dm, condensers, collectors, and everything associating with them (tools, etc). They claim this will "balance" tekkit more, but the current EE is a great mod. There really is no need to replace it with EE3, it's plain stupid. Tekkit will die out if this really happens. Comment on this if you agree with me. We have to save tekkit.

.........do you realize how many people are gonna flip when the update comes on servers?

All the kids who can't bother to actually play the game and prefer to have their diamonds appear out of thin air?

EE3 is better than EE2, and will be the only mod who will be updated in the future. Also, I don't who the fuck you're thinking about with "they", but the one who's making those changes to his mod is the modder Pahimar, who's got absolutely nothing in common with the Technic team. Technic is simply staying updated by using the most recent version of the mod.

most kids likes a easy and risk free game. takeing EE2 out and puting in EE3 takes the easy out of the game and puts in fun. the only people that are going to flip out are the crying kids who like there free and easy stuff. I'm all for EE3 thanks Pahimar!

• 1 month later...

I'm no expert but if what i've seen in Tekkit Lite is the new EE3 then I'm not a fan of it. There's only about 10 items plus all the bags! I think it is ok for people to chose how they use all the features in EE2, besides, why should anyone care about how other people play the game? If you think using collectors is cheating then carry on with what you're doing and don't use them. Plus I find condensers very useful when in need of building materials such as bricks etc. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing this as it's pretty much like normal life, spending your hard earned cash (diamonds and the like) for stuff you need. All the full blown RM, DM, and diamond generators may seem taking it too far for most people but condensers come in really handy for connecting up to waste pipes from a quarrys or other contraptions to produce a few more useful materials (maybe even a cheeky diamond for every 8192 dirt/cobble).

My point being, the only really contraversial EE2 items are the collectors/relays, the rest, to me, makes a very fun mod. It took me ages to make my first RM and even longer to make any RM tools/armour and I had a lot of fun doing it.

Plus the rings and other magical items. The flying ring and the destruction catalyst helped me when building large structures. Terraforming a large area of land can bore people to death just picking away block by block (I've done just that in Vanilla stopping periodically for finger exercises). With the Dest.Cat. you can shape the land to how you want it and then have 'fun' building what you want much sooner.

With EE3, I think net fun decreases.

-text

Do note however, even though the EE2 tools were powerful, they were too powerful. Yes, you can create amazing stuff but you can also destroy other peoples stuff really good since there is no real way to protect EE2 from being a griefing tool.

The fact that once you get enough diamonds to make a condenser and a few collectors, you are done. You can get infinite resources, just from pure light. And with common sense, infinite resources = infinite stuff = infinite win. I am kind of okay with this, the condenser is a good tool for getting rid of useless materials but the collector and relay stuff, there is only one place for them. The bottom of the Nether.

By carrying around an Omega star, equipping full RM armor, a Katar in hand and a Morning Star in the other, you are basically immune to everything, you can fly, you can teleport around, you can dig out a chunk in no time and can kill anything that comes in your way. Some like it, some don't. The people who don't like are a majority here. Most being server owners or people who get their stuff griefed on MP since there is nothing the server can do against it. This is one reason why i believe Pahimar decided to rewrite EE. EE1 was highly unbalanced. Pahimar decided to make EE2 which will be very balanced with other stuff. You can see what happened with that balancing.

So now as EE3 has it's first public release, you can already start to see the basic EE things such as the Philosophers stone and the alchemy bags. Who knows what we will get later on but one thing i trust Pahimar on: he/she will make sure EE3 will be balanced. No invincibility armor, no chunk removing tools, no generating infinite stuff from nothing.

I just wanted to get this said. Turn off the stove before this boils into another "Why EE sucks" thread.

TL;DR, EE2 is unbalanced, Pahimar is rewriting it to make it balanced.

-text

Hmm I see where you are coming from. I should point out, I'm not a sever owner, nor do I play on servers. I play tekkit SSP (mainly because i'm not to fond of some extra mods in technic and I always seem to have bad experiences such as freezing, super lag, crashing). I have very little sever experience.

Stuff I agree with being removed:

RM (all), Ring of arcana, arrow ring, klein stars > drei, both lens's, alchemical tome.

Stuff I think should be changed (possibly removed):

Fire ring, power stones, both amulets, Dest.Cat., zero ring, possibly the nova bombs (but then again the IC2 nuke is even worse) Relays/collectors (they could stay, they don't do any harm and you can choose not to use them).

Everything else (condenser/alch. chest, bags, dusts, DM, other rings, divining rods, transmutation tbl, philos. stn, low tier klein stars) I think is ok.

Covered most of the content I think and I would be fine with changes like this. (Just my opinion though).

If you stayed informed on EE3 and what Pahimar has been doing you would know that EE3 is in its very early stages of development still which is why it is no fun. The latest pre-release for it is a few months old now and is still only an update of the 1st pre-release. That is why it has not much to it and why it is again no fun right now. Because it is only a pre-release I see no reason why it is in Tekkit Lite as it isn't even a full mod yet and has only a few additions into the game. I really think the dev team just added it into the modpack to be a placeholder more than to actually be a mod that adds to the game.

Probably because eventually, it will be discharged, and also that comparatively, Quantum needs a lot more installation, crafting and work than gem.

Have you ever tried to make Gem Armor? I will tell you, it's a helluva lot of more work than getting to Quantum. And eventually getting discharged is like, what, a month?

Have you ever tried to make Gem Armor? I will tell you, it's a helluva lot of more work than getting to Quantum. And eventually getting discharged is like, what, a month?

The helmet of quantum armor can get discharged pretty fast. Also, if you make an infinite EMC producing machine then you can get all the materials for Gem Armor really fast whereas producing the mats for quantum armor requires the set up of a bunch of machines to produce all the different items needed to craft the components of the armor. Then you need a ton of power to run these machines, most specifically the mass fabricator and then that ton of power to also charge up the armor.

• 2 months later...

Well, having played tekkit for along time now, i really dont see why any of you are complaining about getting "Godly" stuff too fast. if you dont want it, dont make it simple as that. just because other people have it doesnt put YOU at a disadvantage of how you play the game, unless you play on a crappy griefing server. I play on a whitelisted server so O>o who cares who has what, we all have our preferences on this server. I like making things. i enjoyed the struggle to get my first DM, then RM then my first RM tool XD getting my quantum armor was no easy task either.

people keep saying "oh but it makes it too easy if you have blazerators and other 'cheat' machines." let me tell you that is not true, it is still insanely hard to get top gear, and takes along time. also, you can just, i dunno, CHOOSE to not use some of the mods YOU think are a 'cheat.' if it was put into tekkit as part of the mods, its not a cheat. if you dont want to use it, simple, dont. dont force other people to play YOUR way, when they want to play THEIR way. I dont have time to play 24/7 and play for a month just to get diamond armor.... so i like ee2. it is faster than the "standard" way of doing things, but it still takes forever. I have a job, i have other things to do, so whatever helps me build stuff a little quicker im alright with for MY way of playing. YOUR way may be different, adjust appropriately. there is nothing wrong with the mods in tekkit classic, its just how it was made. i dont see why all of you think you are so dissadvantaged by the the stuff in ee2 O.o it just boggles my mind.

now, at the moment, yes i have a full alchemy bag of red matter, yes i have alot of stuff.... so? ive been playing for MONTHS. but i dont play 24/7 like some do. I still have not run out of things to do or challenges to overcome, so whats the problem people? the problem is the challenge of your own limited minds to not be able to think up of contraptions to make. I just finished a GIANT factory that cost me 2 whole rows of red matter stacks out of my alchemy bag, and now im off to make a sky city and other stuff. Your only limitation is yourlack of creative mind. dont limit others creativity because you lack the neccisary faculties to be creative, and get bored....

EDIT: also, there is nothing wrong with "starting over" on the server you play on. Ive seen a few do that because they wanted to re live the struggle. Why dont all of you who complain about ee2 just do that? and then through that playthrough you not use the mods you did before for extra challenge? come on be creative, dont make other people set limitations and think for you. dont be like the zombies out there in the world that just do what other people tell them to and nothing else... thats boring, lame, and stupid.

i must say, some of the stuff in ee2 is useful, i was terraforming a desert biome to turn to farmland [in creative mode, i was doing other stuff at the same time]. once it was done i was presented with the problem: 'what do i do with all these trees/flowers/crops?'. ee2 was the answer; klein star, harvest band, fire ring. 5 minutes later all the trees are gone [except for pumpkins for some reason] and it was pretty quick.

i'll admit some of the stuff from ee2 is kind of op, but tbh i dont think it should be a question of removing it as opposed to simply making it harder to get in survival. tbh getting rid of collectors and fixing the blaze rod/bone loop bug would probably do it.

i must say, some of the stuff in ee2 is useful, i was terraforming a desert biome to turn to farmland [in creative mode, i was doing other stuff at the same time]. once it was done i was presented with the problem: 'what do i do with all these trees/flowers/crops?'. ee2 was the answer; klein star, harvest band, fire ring. 5 minutes later all the trees are gone [except for pumpkins for some reason] and it was pretty quick.

i'll admit some of the stuff from ee2 is kind of op, but tbh i dont think it should be a question of removing it as opposed to simply making it harder to get in survival. tbh getting rid of collectors and fixing the blaze rod/bone loop bug would probably do it.

Not a bug, a design flaw

not really a design flaw as both those mods were designed seperately, the people who put tekkit together probly couldnt do anything about that as they dont have the rights to the mod. yes making it so you cant make blazerators or boneratorz would make it, for some people who think balance is an issue (not me), more balanced and make it harder to get items. to me, its minecraft, who cares, its for fun anyway lmao