Crying players over EE

Silent

Eh this might not be the correct place, but it's SMP related so whatever.

So I've started a fresh map when upgrading to 3.1.3 and I removed EE totally.

A load of players have been crying and actually SWEARING at me.

One person also demanded that I add it back in, as in he kept saying "ADD IT BACK IN!!!!!!!!!"

Anybody else had this sort of reaction and how did you deal with it?

EDIT

How do I deal with players that don't understand the concept of mods? They thing Tekkit is just one single huge mod and when I stated I disabled EE he said "BUT WHY CAN I USE EMERALD PICKS THEN IDIOT"

Also he doesn't grasp that the NEI mouseover EMC value is client side only.

I'm fairly new to Tekkit, we are playing it since about 4 weeks on our own server. When we found the possibilities of EE we were first happy about to be so rich, but after a while it gets boring. We stopped mining and throw diamonds in the recycler just for the LULZ, the value of expensive items was gone and we stopped searching for it. So we throw all our Red Matter an the enormous amount of diamonds in the recycler an I disabled EE completely -> The fun is back again, we learned our lesson :)

Eh this might not be the correct place, but it's SMP related so whatever.

So I've started a fresh map when upgrading to 3.1.3 and I removed EE totally.

A load of players have been crying and actually SWEARING at me.

One person also demanded that I add it back in, as in he kept saying "ADD IT BACK IN!!!!!!!!!"

Anybody else had this sort of reaction and how did you deal with it?

EDIT

How do I deal with players that don't understand the concept of mods? They thing Tekkit is just one single huge mod and when I stated I disabled EE he said "BUT WHY CAN I USE EMERALD PICKS THEN IDIOT"

Also he doesn't grasp that the NEI mouseover EMC value is client side only.

Ban the fuck out of them. Better to have a small community of intelligent, competent people, than a 200 slot server full of complete fucknuts.

Well my servers community is pretty dead atm already heh

Only like 7 players who play maybe an hour or two a day so yeah its actually quite a ghost town already

I've resorted to ignoring, pretty much they can quit if they wish, or deal with it and adapt

Ban the fuck out of them. Better to have a small community of intelligent, competent people, than a 200 slot server full of complete fucknuts.

This becomes immediately apparent when comparing these forums to something like the Minecraft Forums or Steam Forums.

Just tell people to deal with the lack of EE. If they keep annoying you, ban them.

Nobody complained when I removed EE from my server. It's a lot more fun now that we can't play creative mode in survival.

The only reason I can see the players being mad at you for is that all of their work has been through EE and they have little/nothing developed from other mods. But since you're restarting the world yeah they're just being sissies.

I ran a server for quite a while with full EE... things got a bit boring, no interesting builds happening. Rolled a new world at 3.1.3 (since downgraded back to 3.1.2) with EMC disabled - that is no Condensors, no Collectors and no Transmutation. So the PStone is still enabled, and so is just about everything else you can make in EE. It's a really fun balance. The first guy who made a legit flying ring really was the envy of everyone else.

At the change there were some people who said "well I'm leaving forever" so I simply bid them farewell. There were some of the community members that weren't really happy about it but they have since really started to enjoy the new feeling of accomplishment, even some of the previously EE-centric players are quite happy with the change now. And if people join now and complain that there is no EE, I simply tell them to find a different server to play on, or to stop complaining about it and play the game. And yeah, more complaining after that is often a ban.

Quick and to the point. Jay? has the best solution for you right there. The style seems oddly familiar though. (Read: Technic Forums)

Yeah pretty much all players lived off EE and EE only.

I've decided ultimately I'm hosting the server so I can play with my 3 friends if other people (who I don't even know where their house is mind you) wish to quit I don't really care they didn't contribute to the server anyway.