Logistics of editing a modpack and using Local Area Network

CookieMan2

So I am currently, with a sibling, using the "To the Moon or Bust!" modpack and we are going to the moon (funnily enough) using LAN. Anyway, I couldn't help but notice that in that modpack it only has Galacticraft 2, not Galacticraft 3, which I decided I wanted.

Unfortunately, being a complete noob I have no idea how to change the modpack so that I could keep the current world and we could use Galacticraft 3, whilst keeping all other mods the same. I'm not sure whether I'd have to change it in the modpack on both computers, or even how to get to the game directory to change the modpack! (I know right, a real noob!) Or, in fact, what to do in the game directory to change it!

So just to reiterate I would like to upgrade the galacticraft 2 to galacticraft 3 in the modpack whilst keeping the world and being able to use it with LAN (and keeping everything else the same). A step by step guide would be really nice here because obviously I'm a bit stupid and clueless when it comes to this! Both computers are windows by the way (one is a laptop and the other a desktop if that makes a difference). 

Sorry if this is horrifically obvious to you, I'm a complete beginner at modpacks and the forums, so I just have no clue how to get it to do that. Also sorry if this has been posted before or if it's in the wrong place, again, I don't really know what I'm doing! I'd be very grateful for any answers, even if it involves shouting at me for being so ignorant! 

Many thanks,

Cookie

• Moderators

That modpack is for Minecraft version 1.6.4. Galacticraft 3.x is for modpacks that run 1.7.10. You'd need to update all the mods in the pack to 1.7.10 (forge too).

If you really want GC 3.x, you'd be better off picking a 1.7.10 pack that already has it, or making one yourself. 

I don't think your world would survive a migration from a 1.6.4 pack to a 1.7.10 pack. 

Edited by AetherPirate