All Modpacks fail to launch

letticeman

Question

This problem has just started to happen. Tekkit (and presumably all modpacks) ran fine last night. Today, I updated my Nvidia GPU and swapped from the 32 bit java to 64 bit. Upon launching, I found I could not launch any modpack what-so-ever. The launch would hide itself and after a moment, it would come back, having not even launched Minecraft. Vanilla and optifine work well, if that helps find the problem.

PasteBin logs from one failed run: http://pastebin.com/p1ANF4cM

If I need to put anything else here, please ask and I will.

Thank you.

10 answers to this question

Yes! same problem here!

I found a fix! I, as you, updated Nvidia drivers last night. 

Go to control panel

choose hardware and sound

under devices and printers, choose device manager. 

look for your graphics card under display adapters. right click and choose properties.

on the driver tab, choose roll back driver.

it should freeze for a sec, and the screen might turn off and on again. but when it's done (it lets you close the window), it should all be good. Probably don't even need to reboot.

Good luck!

Having the same problem here. I knew it had to do with the recent NVIDIA driver update. And to think all this time I've been blaming Java... LOL! I need a copy of the previous version of NVIDIA drivers in order to roll back. Sadly, I do not have the option available for me :( 

EDIT: NEVERMIND! It works now. If you have the recent NVIDIA update, you need to downgrade it to the previous version. Just tried and it worked for me. Hope this helps! 

http://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx

Edited by AtomicDerp

I was trying to figure this out too, didnt even think about nvidia.

I removed mods 10 by 10 until the problem fixed, then readded from the 10 until it broke again. I narrowed it down to the following mods:

NEI, Chicken core & lib, Forge  microblocks & Voxel minimap. For some reason if you just remove the forge mods and leave the minimap mod, it crashes java. If you remove all of the listed mods, the modpack loads just fine.

I rolled back my GPU driver and now everything works perfectly fine - pretty strange.

On 1/25/2017 at 6:34 AM, Lyuun said:

Yes! same problem here!

I found a fix! I, as you, updated Nvidia drivers last night. 

Go to control panel

choose hardware and sound

under devices and printers, choose device manager. 

look for your graphics card under display adapters. right click and choose properties.

on the driver tab, choose roll back driver.

it should freeze for a sec, and the screen might turn off and on again. but when it's done (it lets you close the window), it should all be good. Probably don't even need to reboot.

Good luck!

I have the same issue but im running NVIDiA 376.33 (not the newest one). I can run Vanilla Minecraft, FTB Modpacks and ATL (also curse) BUT technic modpacks will NOT launch at all

Edited by TrishVega