Why is Tekkit 3.1.3 made as the official download link?

ILikePies

3.1.3 is broken beyond belief. I almost lost my server because I had to convert to 3.1.2 again, and the only reason I didnt lose EVERYTHING is because I copied the link of 3.1.3.zip and changed the last digit to a 2. If not, I would have had to have everyone in my server restart because it keeps crashing with "methodNotFound" exceptions and fields missing.

Why does the Tekkit staff put 3.1.3 as the official server when the client needs a developmental build just to play it? Why not have the 3.1.2 link for people who maybe arent as tech savvy as I am?

Better yet, why do the devs not test build their own things before committing it as the official version to DL? I've seen TONS of people complain about advancedMachines being broken (among others) which results in people either having to wipe all their machines by deleting the mod and reinstalling it, or just quit.

I read the stickies and none of them indicated anything about this problem. I honestly don't care if I get perm banned, because it's as bit ridiculous that the actual working version is missing and we're almost forced to download 3.1.3 to play unless someone was lucky enough to already have 3.1.2 installed.

I know the common rebuttal may be "well that is the authors problem for having buggy code", but it should be the tekkit dev's responsibility to actually... *test*... it first before releasing it? I figured that is common sense. All you have to do is build some of these buildings and the server goes down, so there's no real excuse here (since if it breaks, then you simply just do not add the buggier build in).

Really? Giving him a ban simply because he voices his thoughts regarding a release that is faulty (which can be seen with all the reports about the release). Personally I think he had a good reason to post this. Why is the official Tekkit server download for a release that seems like it's having some major issues.

Instead, maybe appreciate the fact, that people are here because they enjoy Tekkit, and don't want others to experience the same problems. And before attacking the fellow, a simple message stating that a download for the 3.1.2 release were available would suffice. See to need for the bashing.

Just my two cents...

Really? Giving him a ban simply because he voices his thoughts regarding a release that is faulty (which can be seen with all the reports about the release). Personally I think he had a good reason to post this. Why is the official Tekkit server download for a release that seems like it's having some major issues.

Instead, maybe appreciate the fact, that people are here because they enjoy Tekkit, and don't want others to experience the same problems. And before attacking the fellow, a simple message stating that a download for the 3.1.2 release were available would suffice. See to need for the bashing.

Just my two cents...

Read the post I am about to quote, someone told him.

The 3.1.2 download is still there. Seriously, find the facts before you complain. Just download it from Previous Versions in the Servers tab of Tekkit on the Technicpack website.

Just my two cents...

It's not the message so much as it's the way he went about it. Reread his post carefully, his tone and his I Don't Give A Fuck attitude.

Better yet, why do the devs not test build their own things before committing it as the official version to DL? I've seen TONS of people complain about advancedMachines being broken (among others) which results in people either having to wipe all their machines by deleting the mod and reinstalling it, or just quit.

I read the stickies and none of them indicated anything about this problem. I honestly don't care if I get perm banned, because it's as bit ridiculous that the actual working version is missing and we're almost forced to download 3.1.3 to play unless someone was lucky enough to already have 3.1.2 installed.

I know the common rebuttal may be "well that is the authors problem for having buggy code", but it should be the tekkit dev's responsibility to actually... *test*... it first before releasing it? I figured that is common sense. All you have to do is build some of these buildings and the server goes down, so there's no real excuse here (since if it breaks, then you simply just do not add the buggier build in).

Come on dude. "I honestly don't care if I get perm banned" and "maybe you know *TEST* it first? common sense!" as if they don't test the builds before releasing them and he's the first person in the world to come up with concept.

We don't test anything, or even play minecraft! We just press buttons until something gets posted and then rely on incredibly rude people to insult us until we know what all the problems are and can fix them. I don't even know what minecraft is actually so people like the OP are vital to the operation. Don't even think about trying to help resolve issues in a professional or polite way. It doesn't work unless you are as much of an unpleasent asshole as possible. It's fool proof! The system works!