Computercraft

vDeviize

PLEASE re-add Computercraft in tekkit lite! ;) I play Tekkit classic and i own a server, but my server have computers everywhere, and i'll love if my server has been updated to the last version (1.4.6)... But i can't because the tekkit lite doesn't have CC, so please, re-add it!

Has CC been updated to the same version of Minecraft that Tekkit Lite uses?

Yep, I have it in my custom modpack. I have a feeling that it may be due to permission issues, but I can't say for certain.

Definitely not due to permission issues. Both dan200 and myself have no problem with it being in the pack - the license for ComputerCraft states that it can be used in modpacks without any permission. I will join you in asking "Why no ComputerCraft"!

It may be due to some conflict with other mods, who knows, but at least we know it can be added in manually with little to no errors.

If it was conflicts with other mods, then you wouldn't be able to add it in with no errors ;)

ComputerCraft doesn't conflict with any mods that I know of - we've certainly got no reports of it and it is included in some FTB packs, which does have lots more mods than Tekkit Lite.

This could be a refreshing change. Tekkit Classic still has CC. I know a lot of the Tekkit servers manually go in and get rid of CC, so maybe it's a load off of them?

The loss of CC may be regrettable, but we still have RPC(redpower control). It's not as user friendly, but still works as a computer-type thing.

Personal preference of the Technic Team? We may never know. Either way, I'm sticking with Technic and Tekkit classic, so I'm not missing out.

Sure, we may never know. But surely the reason this thread is here to try and find out the reason?

I NEED CC to upgrade my server... I hope the Technic team re-add CC...

So do me and Dan ;)

This could be a refreshing change. Tekkit Classic still has CC. I know a lot of the Tekkit servers manually go in and get rid of CC, so maybe it's a load off of them?

The loss of CC may be regrettable, but we still have RPC(redpower control). It's not as user friendly, but still works as a computer-type thing.

While it's true that there are other solutions (regardless of how difficult they are to use) I cannot see a valid reason for them to remove it by default - it isn't even in the latest Technic packs - and it is 1.4.6 ready and has been since the day 1.4.6 came out.

It's no longer in the Technic packs? Arg.

I guess I'm indifferent; I liked CC as much as RPC and the redpower logic. But now I feel bad for the rest of you >.<

EDIT: I guess I never realized how much I missed CC(while playing Lite) XD. Maybe the OP should start a petition list.