Alternative chunk loaders

Typee

So, since railcraft is gone and dimensional anchors are bugged and incompatible with Mystcraft, my players and myself are looking for an alternative chunkloader, for loading distant oil pumps, the base and of course the nuclear reactor.

Teleport tethers work fine but are limited to 1x1 chunks.

Quarries do act as chunk loaders but putting quarries everywhere is a bit... backward.

I believe I read about a fourth chunk loader in one of tekkit mod, but I can't remember which one.

Is there such a thing?

the teleport pipes bc addon has (had?) chunk loaders. I think it was called advanced bc pipes or something?

upon looking into it, that bc addon hasnt been updated since 1.2, what a shame. there have been unofficial updates to it, but they are extremely unstable to put it mildly(!).

Dimensional Anchors work just fine for me. They need to be loaded once before they keep stuff loaded. That's how Forge Chunkloading works.

the teleport pipes bc addon has (had?) chunk loaders. I think it was called advanced bc pipes or something?

upon looking into it, that bc addon hasnt been updated since 1.2, what a shame. there have been unofficial updates to it, but they are extremely unstable to put it mildly(!).

Teleport Pipes have officially been added to Buildcraft as Phased pipes. Setting a frequency is less buggy now, and you can also make them either private or public, much like Ender Chests.

You can't craft a "special" phased pipe back into a Phased Transport Pipe anymore, though.

Dimensional Anchors work just fine for me.

Try them in a Mystcraft world and you will get a "no chunckloading on client world" server crash on next startup.

And even if you don't use them in Mystcraft worlds, they might cause the "exception in server tick loop" error, though I have no idea where this one comes from.

As of now, there is no choice but disabling them.

Teleport Pipes have officially been added to Buildcraft as Phased pipes.

Theres SO many things from the advanced bc pipes addon thats not available anymore tho. going by the amount of special pipes I placed, the teleport pipes might have actually been the least important ones to me. advanced wooden pipes and insertion pipes tho... those were truly amazing. well and the chunk loaders were also kinda neat (with the amazing lines it drew and everything)

Theres SO many things from the advanced bc pipes addon thats not available anymore tho. going by the amount of special pipes I placed, the teleport pipes might have actually been the least important ones to me. advanced wooden pipes and insertion pipes tho... those were truly amazing. well and the chunk loaders were also kinda neat (with the amazing lines it drew and everything)

Weren't those part of logistics pipes?

Has anyone tried to load railcraft back into tekkit lite? CJ won't allow it into the main download, but what keeps us from loading it ourselves?

Nothing. He's not like that GregTech guy. You can easily add Railcraft in yourself.

You can install gregtech, but it requires a bit of work. No where near as bad as forestry was.

Forestry has only ever required a lot of work to install into Technic for a few days. And it's not particularly hard to install GregTech if you really, really wanted to grind your ass off for a Macerator. Just copy everything from modpack.jar into minecraft.jar, delete META-INF and copy everything to your .minecraft folder and use the Minecraft launcher.

See the main problem i have with Rail craft being gone is the chunk loaders too. I'm trying to set up a tunnel bore but it just keeps unloading, even with teleport tethers. and of course the dimensional anchors crash the server whenever i place one on the frames... Does manually updating that mod fix it? Or is there any other way? (aside from teleport pipes, i like my ender chest. and I think minecarts with chunk loaders would fall off)