TekkitLite recommended ban list

ofthevoid

I haven't really had a problem with mystcraft on my server. I simply disabled world creation for non-ops. We have a nexus set up in a void age, and every couple weeks I make a highly unstable age for everyone to go collect rare worldgen items in like silverwood trees, and obsidian totems.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't really had a problem with mystcraft on my server. I simply disabled world creation for non-ops. We have a nexus set up in a void age, and every couple weeks I make a highly unstable age for everyone to go collect rare worldgen items in like silverwood trees, and obsidian totems.

how do you disable world creation for non ops?

nothing,anybody who bans anything on a server is a total jerk.

Yeah, those jerks! How dare ops run their server the way THEY want! You totally need X overpowered/broken item or Y exploitable feature!

If you disable the creation of descriptive books by anyone except ops then regular players will still be able to use linking books or portals or already created descriptive books to travel to other dimensions, they just won't be able to create their own dimensions. This was the goal, to keep players from just spamming dimensions, if I understand the problem correctly.

If you're a server owner I have 3 items that should be disabled due to duping. Until there is a fix we disabled them on ours.

(Message me with some sort of evidence that you require the information so dupers don't spread the info)

If you're a server owner I have 3 items that should be disabled due to duping. Until there is a fix we disabled them on ours.

(Message me with some sort of evidence that you require the information so dupers don't spread the info)

no point in banning anything,this guy knows haw to bypass bans if he wants to.

no point in banning anything,this guy knows haw to bypass bans if he wants to.

Disable NEI serverside or something. And there are plugins which can ban things in multiple ways. There's ban crafting/smelting a specific item, but also placing a specific block or using a specific item. So even if he does get his hands on them, he can't use them.

Disable NEI serverside or something. And there are plugins which can ban things in multiple ways. There's ban crafting/smelting a specific item, but also placing a specific block or using a specific item. So even if he does get his hands on them, he can't use them.

Exactly what Teraku said. There is a point to banning something. Preventing the opening, placing, or using - if there is a will there is a way. Even if its not as easy as with Classic there are ways.

nothing,anybody who bans anything on a server is a total jerk.

So in other words you like items that destroy other people's buildings, cause map corruption, dupe any item you desire, or blow up the map? I guess if its a chaos themed map... wouldn't last long. If you own/admin a server you would know that you have to expect people to be evil and looking to abuse what they can.

Exa

So in other words you like items that destroy other people's buildings, cause map corruption, dupe any item you desire, or blow up the map? I guess if its a chaos themed map... wouldn't last long. If you own/admin a server you would know that you have to expect people to be evil and looking to abuse what they can.

Exactly. I run a tekkit lite server and have had to ban more items than I expected. Explosive items that bypass player claims, a couple of weapons that get past the no-pvp, and items like chunkloaders and void chests that bring the server down.

There's also at least one item I know of that duplicates items and that's been banned, and the auto-crafting table also as it crafts banned items.

Most players understand why these have to be removed. You can't please everyone, but its easier to slightly restrict some play to everyone, than to manually deal with everyone who's home gets destroyed.

jeb

Exa

Exactly. I run a tekkit lite server and have had to ban more items than I expected. Explosive items that bypass player claims, a couple of weapons that get past the no-pvp, and items like chunkloaders and void chests that bring the server down.

There's also at least one item I know of that duplicates items and that's been banned, and the auto-crafting table also as it crafts banned items.

Most players understand why these have to be removed. You can't please everyone, but its easier to slightly restrict some play to everyone, than to manually deal with everyone who's home gets destroyed.

us i get where your going at,i can bypass things,i just choose not to because that would be extremely unethical