[1.5.2]Technic Battles Redux[Pvp][72][TBR: The Modpack] Companies, Teams, Politics!

Hello! This modpack looks epic--and I've always loved big corporations, so this is a doubly good fit. However, I'm having some trouble downloading the modpack. I'm also unable to download any other custom modpack, although the built-in ones seem to work. I'm running Mac OSX, and I clicked the 'Current Stable Mac:' link to get the URL. I've looked on the launcher forums, but haven't had any luck. A friend of mine (also on OSX) is having the same problem. Help?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! This modpack looks epic--and I've always loved big corporations, so this is a doubly good fit. However, I'm having some trouble downloading the modpack. I'm also unable to download any other custom modpack, although the built-in ones seem to work. I'm running Mac OSX, and I clicked the 'Current Stable Mac:' link to get the URL. I've looked on the launcher forums, but haven't had any luck. A friend of mine (also on OSX) is having the same problem. Help?

[edit]

>.< sorry about the double post, the first time I tried to post, it said to try again later. Woops.

Pm me with a description of what you try to do and what happens

@planetguy where is mcmod.info

Well, I've gotten my modpack working correctly (I think), so here is my application:

IGN: Doomzzday01

A bit about myself and my hobbies:

I'm a good communicator, and enjoy talking and discussing problems and theories with other people. I also enjoy working with other people, although I do occasionally prefer to play alone. My hobbies include reading, playing computer/console games, sketching, and cross-country when it's in season. When playing Minecraft, I like to make businesses, factions, corporations, etc., basically any kind of organization and then trying to get a healthy economy going on the server--although it looks like that's already been done here!

Mods I'm proficient in:

I'm good with Buildcraft, Redpower, IndustrialCraft, Thermal Expansion, and Mekanism as far as mechanical mods. I'm also a decent ComputerCraft programmer, especially with Immibis' Misc Peripherals mod. I've also had experience with ICBM and the Gun Customization mod.

Why do I want to join this server:

I mainly want to join this server because of the big companies--I've always thought that was cool whenever I saw it on another server, but I've never seen it made the main feature of a server this way. I'm looking forward to seeing these groups in action, and maybe founding one of my own!

Why you should let me join your server:

I can speak good English English well and have a good sense of humor. I'm also willing to answer player's questions when I have the knowledge. Also, I'm not opposed to PvP--In fact, I enjoy it immensely. I've yet to understand how I get a bigger adrenaline rush from encountering a random Minecrafter in the wilderness than I get from finding an enemy in any other FPS. In addition, I can add a lot of interesting CC programs to the server, including self-repairing base armor and touch-free door locks. I also have made several factories in the past, manufacturing a variety of products which could be a great boost to the economy.

Where did I hear about you:

I was looking through the custom-modpack server list and "Companies, Teams, Politics!" bit of your title caught my eye. I wasn't disappointed!

Well, I've gotten my modpack working correctly (I think), so here is my application:

IGN: Doomzzday01

I'm a good communicator, and enjoy talking and discussing problems and theories with other people. I also enjoy working with other people, although I do occasionally prefer to play alone. My hobbies include reading, playing computer/console games, sketching, and cross-country when it's in season. When playing Minecraft, I like to make businesses, factions, corporations, etc., basically any kind of organization and then trying to get a healthy economy going on the server--although it looks like that's already been done here!

Mods I'm proficient in:

I'm good with Buildcraft, Redpower, IndustrialCraft, Thermal Expansion, and Mekanism as far as mechanical mods. I'm also a decent ComputerCraft programmer, especially with Immibis' Misc Peripherals mod. I've also had experience with ICBM and the Gun Customization mod.

I mainly want to join this server because of the big companies--I've always thought that was cool whenever I saw it on another server, but I've never seen it made the main feature of a server this way. I'm looking forward to seeing these groups in action, and maybe founding one of my own!

Why you should let me join your server:

I can speak good English English well and have a good sense of humor. I'm also willing to answer player's questions when I have the knowledge. Also, I'm not opposed to PvP--In fact, I enjoy it immensely. I've yet to understand how I get a bigger adrenaline rush from encountering a random Minecrafter in the wilderness than I get from finding an enemy in any other FPS. In addition, I can add a lot of interesting CC programs to the server, including self-repairing base armor and touch-free door locks. I also have made several factories in the past, manufacturing a variety of products which could be a great boost to the economy.

Where did I hear about you:

I was looking through the custom-modpack server list and "Companies, Teams, Politics!" bit of your title caught my eye. I wasn't disappointed!

Accepted and whitelisted

tbr.g.akliz.net

IGN:PrestonSearcy

I love minecraft. It is a way for me to vent my creative abilities, allowing me to create magnificent structures. I am also an avid animator, making images such as my profile picture. I dabble in parkour/freerunning, and I like the outdoors. I like to read, watch movies, but I do not watch TV shows. I love to play PC games, but my computer is not very powerful, limiting my experience. This often influences me to play on consoles. I absolutely love to play with other people, and strive for the communities of people living in close proximity with each other. I aspire to collaborate with other players in order to create a successful business.

Mods I'm proficient in:

I have considerable experience in IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft, RedPower, TinkersConstruct, and ThaumCraft. I have a brief understanding of Mekanism, and Factorization.

I know a player who is already on this server, and we I would like to collaborate with him. Also, I looked at this wonderful community, and I instantly knew that this would be a server that I could settle in. I also think that I would be able to add another company onto the list. I love PVP, and was ecstatic when I heard that there was finally a large server that had an amazing community with a healthy economy, and PVP. I have been to so many servers that always had some of these aspects, but was always missing one. I feel like I can finally flourish in this brave new world.

Why you should let me join the server:

I make aesthetic buildings, overall increasing the appeal of the server. I speak English well, and do not cuss or use vulgar language. I never tell crude jokes, and try to respect other players. I have a sense of humor, and love to interact with other people. I will try to further crate a healthy economy, creating much of the PVP political instead of physical.

Where did I hear about this server:

It was my friend who found this server. I looked at it myself and loved it. I heard about the companies and the awesome modpack, and decided to check it out. I was not disappointed!

I love minecraft. It is a way for me to vent my creative abilities, allowing me to create magnificent structures. I am also an avid animator, making images such as my profile picture. I dabble in parkour/freerunning, and I like the outdoors. I like to read, watch movies, but I do not watch TV shows. I love to play PC games, but my computer is not very powerful, limiting my experience. This often influences me to play on consoles. I absolutely love to play with other people, and strive for the communities of people living in close proximity with each other. I aspire to collaborate with other players in order to create a successful business.

Mods I'm proficient in:

I have considerable experience in IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft, RedPower, TinkersConstruct, and ThaumCraft. I have a brief understanding of Mekanism, and Factorization.

I know a player who is already on this server, and we I would like to collaborate with him. Also, I looked at this wonderful community, and I instantly knew that this would be a server that I could settle in. I also think that I would be able to add another company onto the list. I love PVP, and was ecstatic when I heard that there was finally a large server that had an amazing community with a healthy economy, and PVP. I have been to so many servers that always had some of these aspects, but was always missing one. I feel like I can finally flourish in this brave new world.

Why you should let me join the server:

I make aesthetic buildings, overall increasing the appeal of the server. I speak English well, and do not cuss or use vulgar language. I never tell crude jokes, and try to respect other players. I have a sense of humor, and love to interact with other people. I will try to further crate a healthy economy, creating much of the PVP political instead of physical.

Where did I hear about this server:

It was my friend who found this server. I looked at it myself and loved it. I heard about the companies and the awesome modpack, and decided to check it out. I was not disappointed!

Accepted wills hitelist when I get home

Hey Ysharma, I was wondering, how do I establish a company? I want an official way to distribute my CC programs.

And speaking of which, to all the readers out there: SkyBlock Security is in business! We (I) specialize in computerized security systems--but not just the average password programs you find on CC-enabled servers. SBS offers everything from touch-free password locks to automatic base armor repair systems. I'm also finishing work on an automated building program for turtles--right now it only builds flat rectangles, walls, and cubes, but I hope to add more functions such as domes, curves, etc. in the near future.

Also, Ysharma, I have a question for you. What are your preferences as far as computercraft programs? Some servers put restrictions on them (number, loops, etc.). I should be able to change my programs to fit most restrictions.

It is pretty empty, I've never seen more than 3 people on at a time. Hopefully we get more people soon!

We just resurrected the server, and a large portion of our player base had moved on. 3'rd time server resurrected 2'nd time my doing so.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons