Other Games?

Jay?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forum Administrators

From what i've seen diablo 3 isn't even like diablo 2 at all. It's like they took out all the fun to make room for graphics.

I like all the people complaining about Diablo 3. You are all going to buy that shit anyways and give Blizzard your money because in the end... its Diablo 3 and not owning it is probably a sin in whatever religion.

I like all the people complaining about Diablo 3. You are all going to buy that shit anyways and give Blizzard your money because in the end... its Diablo 3 and not owning it is probably a sin in whatever religion.

Nope, I bought Starcraft 2, and the thing i liked most about it was that it was more like a graphical update to starcraft than a new game altogether. I'll be preordering heart of the swarm, too. But after having a few minutes of hands on time with the D3 beta, i can honestly say that i will not willfully spend any money on it, ever. If somebody buys it for me, i may go so far as to do a complete playthrough one time. I'm way more excited about Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, and SoaSE:Rebellion.

I'm way more excited about Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, and SoaSE:Rebellion.

This, except Rebellion - I got burnt out on SoaSE (unless you can tell me it's gotten a lot better). Unfortunately, I didn't get into the D3 Beta, so...I'll probably end up buying it, unless there's a demo I can try. I am unwilling to take the word of anyone on what games are good after being told that games are crap and then playing them for years afterward because they were so much fun.

This, except Rebellion - I got burnt out on SoaSE (unless you can tell me it's gotten a lot better). Unfortunately, I didn't get into the D3 Beta, so...I'll probably end up buying it, unless there's a demo I can try. I am unwilling to take the word of anyone on what games are good after being told that games are crap and then playing them for years afterward because they were so much fun.

That depends on why you stopped liking it so much. The new Titan capships change the balance a bit so that starbases aren't "lol infinite defence" and there are corvettes now, that can be very useful tactically.

Hmm, but they only work if you have friends with you. All my friends have gone off gaming mostly. LoL is just about all they do, the MOBA whoring bunch of mugs they are.

I don't understand why people keep saying that, Borderlands is a fanatastic game, even on its own. We have no reason to say that Borderlands 2 wont be as well.

I don't understand why people keep saying that, Borderlands is a fanatastic game, even on its own. We have no reason to say that Borderlands 2 wont be as well.

It was the repetition that peeved me off. Having gazillions of guns only appeals to me if I have people to show off and compare stats to, also.

If you couldn't tell by my avatar I've been playing the Megaman Zero games a lot recently! Damn satisfying to completely destroy bosses that roadblocked me as a kid in Zero 1 and 2.

I always liked Zero, but i'm godawful at megaman games. I think i beat Dr. Wily's revenge for the Gameboy, and i beat Megaman 8(i think. It was for the PS2.)

Other than that, i rarely get past the first few bosses.

Other than that, i rarely get past the first few bosses.

You think the first few bosses of Megaman games are bad, try Omega's 3rd form in Zero 3. It's basically like the Dark Link battle in Zelda 2 except Omega has more abilities and can do more damage than you.

You think the first few bosses of Megaman games are bad, try Omega's 3rd form in Zero 3. It's basically like the Dark Link battle in Zelda 2 except Omega has more abilities and can do more damage than you.

Ugh. i would give up so fast.

Lately I haven't really played anything but minecraft. I did play Path of Exile's beta a few weeks ago but it kind of got repetitive in the end and being beta it wasn't all that well balanced either. Though they have another open weekend this week with a crapton of updates and balancing so I might try again.

From the old classics I wish X-Com would get a decent remake. I know there are a couple of them in the works but I don't really have high expectations for them seeing how badly everyone else have done them so far.

By the way, I've orderd my new gaming rig

Quick specs: i7 3770, 8 gb RAM, AMD HD7950@900MHZ :)

For gaming box you would have gotten far better results had you spent ~100$ less on CPU and gotten a better GPU instead.

I have a lot of confidence in both the upcoming FPS X-COM, and the regular isometric one, however I'm not so confident as to when I'll ever see the FPS.

Yeah, the FPS one looked fantastic, and when i saw the one that was an upped version of the original, I nearly cried. Never being a player of the original, it passed over my head, but a big strategy fan, this will be my chance to see what all the fuss was about. oh, and btw(by the way, not the flower-related one), the FPS version of X-COM is just called XCOM, no dash between x and com

I'm currently playing Warlock: Master of the Arcane. On my first map, medium size, normal difficulty, cylinder world with 3 other planes and 4 rivals. I'm playing as a default mage, Miralbus the Hat.

The game overall is incredible for the price. ($20 with $2 DLC for more mage options.) Has a very Civ5 feel to it with additional systems. Some of the quality lacks, such as voice acting and no advanced hints, while other parts excel, like the unit variety and spell system. I'm on turn 102 and in the process of crushing Saint Nicholas. He sends me a peace treaty every turn, offering gold and mana. I would rather just take all of his cities to bolster my economy, which almost started posting losses about a dozen turns ago.

Well, I've been playing a fair variety of them, but the main ones are: Nethack, Amnesia, Dune 2, Earthworm Jim (memories...), The Incredible Machine 2 (memories of primary school, not as awesome as EWJ memories, but still cool.) and Gods. All of them have that awesome old school feel about them. Except for Nethack, that just reminds me of Dwarf Fortress xD