Thoughts on the new Tekkit pack?

lukeb28

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting the following error when launching it

"Galacticraft Requires Basic Components, IndustrialCraft 2, or Thermal Expansion!

You can enable Basic Components loader in the Galacticraft config or install IndustrialCraft 2/Thermal Expansion manually"

I even deleted the .technic folder and re-downloaded it

just prompted me to update and its working now, thanks. Now time to get my server going again :D

The main thing we are missing with ic2 being gone is the ability to charge the MPS... With treecapitator you need to recharge the suit. I edited the config to use the tool and poof all the wood falls :)

In playing the new modpack, I will admit that it has solid functionality. I do like it's take in minimalism, and it does provide sound core functionality without overlap. I'll still miss IC2, though; power generation's a lot more limited (TE engines dominate pretty bad right now) and I still liked the end-game superfast machines it had. I have IC2 in the 1.5.2 modpack I'm working on, and it's been very stable. I don't expect IC2 to come back to Tekkit (I'm certian Thermal Expansion will cover the areas left behind eventually, anyways), but I still say IC2's a strong mod. All in all, I can't say removing it was bad. The new Tekkit's really good, even without it.

Also, what's up with Greg's Lighting? The mod's page only lists 1.4.6 versions, and it seems CannibalVox (the gut who helped fork Buildcraft, if I remember correctly) is an author of it now. Has Greg's Lighting been updated specifically for Tekkit?