Custom Server tutorial

SXScarecrow

well, now that I look closer, it isn't even loading MCP.

check to see if your forge install on CraftBukkit is even vaild. (IE: run it without anything in the mods folder to see if it will work)

Thanks!!! That must have been the problem. I wanted to make sure I had installed it forge and everything else correctly, so I scraped my server completely and re-downloaded the files.

Here's what I did to find out which mods were client side mods:

ROUND 1:

I added the mods in one by one. If they had block ID conflicts I would change them until it fixed that problem, but if it crashed the server for reasons other than block ID conflicts, I deleted the mod, then moved on to the next mod (Repeating this process for all 154 files).

ROUND 2:

After that I went back through again and tried installing the mods that crashed the server previously. I did this because I wasn't sure if the mods that didn't work were dependent on another mod (Like a core mod or something). That fixed about 50% of the mods that didn't work.

ROUND 3:

For the remaining mods that didn't work, I made sure I had the most up to date version of it and tried installing it again. This fixed about 50% of the mods that still didn't work after round 2.

ROUND 4:

Now that I have done everything I can (or at least that I am aware of), I can confidently say that the remaining mods are client side mods.

FINISHED

Runs like a charm. 4 hours of work, but it was worth it. Thanks for your help though! Without you I would have never known about client side mods. I understand them now, and by process of elimination I was able to eliminate them! Thanks TwoTails! Your help is greatly appreciated. I hope you have a great day!

To FreakinRocket:

It looks like you need to adjust the memory usage of your server. By default servers try to run based on a 2G RAM requirement, but if you have a 32-bit system like most people, you will need to adjust it so that it runs using only 1G. 32-bit java can only run programs with 1G of RAM at a time. If not that, then it is indeed either an issue with CraftBukkit, or possibly with Forge.

If anyone else is having crashes for forge when trying to load libraries, if you are using a host that requires you to put jars in a /jar folder, put your libraries folder inside it as well. I've spent 3 days trying to figure this problem out. Just thought I'd pass that along.

I am trying to make a server from The Diamond Dimensions modpack but everytime I run it I get this error report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// I blame Dinnerbone.

Time: 4-1-14 20:16

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/renderer/entity/Render

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:425)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:192)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:172)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:103)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:504)

at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:85)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)

at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:94)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:588)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.Render

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:273)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

... 29 more

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:262)

... 31 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.2

Operating System: Windows 8 (amd64) version 6.2

Java Version: 1.7.0_45, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 958129048 bytes (913 MB) / 1029701632 bytes (982 MB) up to 1029701632 bytes (982 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

CraftBukkit Information:

Running:

Failed to handle CraftCrashReport:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.bukkit.Bukkit.getName(Bukkit.java:72)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R3.CraftCrashReport.call(CraftCrashReport.java:19)

at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReportCategory.func_71500_a(CrashReportCategory.java:106)

at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_71504_g(CrashReport.java:59)

at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.<init>(CrashReport.java:41)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:644)

FML: ~~ERROR~~ NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/entity/EntityClientPlayerMP

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'mcpc,craftbukkit,fml,forge'

Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

How can I make it run good?

I am trying to make a server from The Diamond Dimensions modpack but everytime I run it I get this error report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// I blame Dinnerbone.

Time: 4-1-14 20:16

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/renderer/entity/Render

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:425)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:192)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:172)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:103)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:504)

at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:85)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)

at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:94)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:588)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.Render

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:273)

... 29 more

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:262)

... 31 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.2

Operating System: Windows 8 (amd64) version 6.2

Java Version: 1.7.0_45, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 958129048 bytes (913 MB) / 1029701632 bytes (982 MB) up to 1029701632 bytes (982 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

CraftBukkit Information:

Running:

Failed to handle CraftCrashReport:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.bukkit.Bukkit.getName(Bukkit.java:72)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R3.CraftCrashReport.call(CraftCrashReport.java:19)

at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReportCategory.func_71500_a(CrashReportCategory.java:106)

at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_71504_g(CrashReport.java:59)

at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.<init>(CrashReport.java:41)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:644)

FML: ~~ERROR~~ NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/entity/EntityClientPlayerMP

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'mcpc,craftbukkit,fml,forge'

Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

How can I make it run good?

Just an fyi, we can't help you if you don't include the full report. Saying "...29 more" doesn't give us enough if the solution is shown in one of those twenty nine other lines. Just copy the full report and paste it between the following:

["code]paste here["/code]

Remove the quotes.

Just an fyi, we can't help you if you don't include the full report. Saying "...29 more" doesn't give us enough if the solution is shown in one of those twenty nine other lines. Just copy the full report and paste it between the following:

["code]paste here["/code]

Remove the quotes.

he didn't make it say "...29 more" the minecraft crash report does that when the crash reason is fucking huge.

He didn't have the modlist there eather...

so, for all we know, it could just be NEI or something of the same sorts crashing the server by the looks of it.

The error log says your computer is failing to download several key library files. Make sure your internet connection is good and stable, and also check to make sure your antivirus software is not interfering with the download. If all else fails, post back here and I'll link you the necessary libraries. Also guys, is rehosting the libraries for someone who can't download them against Minecraft's TOS?

And unfortunately, MCPC+ was created using "dirty" enums, so it will create conflicts with mods and plugins. For instance, if you try to use the echopets plugin, it will dupe your pets when they teleport, which leads to a whole host of ghost npcs that you can't get rid of and do nothing for you. What fun, am I right?

Looking back at your first post, you have to remove anything client-side from the mods folder. Anything that doesn't add new content or guis to the game has to go, meaning Animated player, minimaps, etc. NEI has to be installed, or the guis won't open correctly, but other than that, remove anything that doesn't add a new item, mob, system, etc.