I need something clarified...

PsymanSimon

There are three types of Tekkit.

Tekkit Classic, which will not be updated.

Tekkit Lite, which, according to my research, has basically replaced Technic.

And Tekkit. Just Tekkit.

What I am wondering is this: what is the difference between NORMAL Tekkit and Tekkit LITE? I have looked this up already on these forums and have not found an answer. Should I look on a wiki instead?

Technic was first. Tekkit was made because it was a multiplayer compatible version of Technic, with bukkit. Bukkit was then removed, separating Tekkit into Tekkit Classic (with bucket, and not updating), and Tekkit Lite (sans bukkit). Technic was discontinued, as one of the Minecraft updates made it so all mods are multiplayer compatible, so having a single player only version had no purpose. Tekkit has evolved once again, bringing it back to just being Tekkit.

Hi Simon,

Very confusing indeed and a lot of it is due to various major mods not being updated with minecraft releases.

First was Tekkit that was renamed Tekkit Classic with all of the major mods like Equivalent Exchange 2, IndustrialCraft2, Buildcraft, etc and supports upto Minecraft 1.2.5.

Tekkit Lite was released more recently and supports up to Minecraft 1.4.7 (as mentioned above).

And finally we have the new "Tekkit" which of note features galacticraft and does not have IndustrialCraft2 due to a dispute between Tekkit and the IC2 creator. EDIT: This is incorrect , please see CanVox's post below.

I would suggest that Tekkit would be the one that is developed further. The question for me was basically IndustrialCraft2 vs. galacticraft.

And finally we have the new "Tekkit" which of note features galacticraft and does not have IndustrialCraft2 due to a dispute between Tekkit and the IC2 creator.

I don't think it's a dispute between tekkit and IC2, so much as it is the fact that IndustrialCraft's development has been stagnant for the last 6 months. Even if a stable release were to come for 1.5.1/1.5.2, it's unlikely - at the current rate anyway - that we would see much more development/updating after that. The tekkit devs feel that IC2 is dead, and I would have to agree.

The same line of reasoning can be applied to Red Power as well. Though RP2 has been dead for a while.

does not have IndustrialCraft2 due to a dispute between Tekkit and the IC2 creator.

Where the hell did you hear that? There's so much stupidity here it's hard to unpack:

- Technic has always been on good terms with the IC2 creator, Al Blaka. He was the first modder to give us permissions, and he's always dug what we do. So the idea that a dispute is even particularly likely is false.

- Al Blaka hasn't been active in the minecraft community lately, so I'm not even sure what sort of dispute we'd even have with him.

- Even if we did have a dispute, the IC2 license is permissive: permission is granted whether they like us or not, provided that we give them credit and link to their page, which you can confirm for yourself we've always done. So a dispute between us and IC2 wouldn't stop us from running IC2.

We've been very clear on the reasons why we don't think carrying IC2 is a good plan, in numerous threads around this site, so I know you didn't hear this crap from us. I'm not sure where you're getting your modpack news from, but they seem terribly unreliable and I'd reconsider them.

I haven't even seen the IC2 forum regulars try pushing that theory, and they love jumping to every conclusion they can.

My personal favorite was kaker makes thousands of dollars off this place a day thanks to $1.50/single-view ad rates and he owns the hosting company so hosting is really free, plus he hacked paypal to steal all donations sent to the mod authors.

plus he hacked paypal to steal all donations sent to the mod authors.

I love how some of the more gullible fanboys out there actually think that. Some also think the "donate to modder" links on the donate page actually make you donate towards Technic.

...Oh shit, they found us out! Pack your stuff everybody, our cover's been blown!

Alright! Alright! Y'all can stop fighting now. Get the point. Thank you for your input. And extremedonkey? You might wanna do some research about relations BEFORE you post something like that. By the way, Teraku, I love both your post and your icon. /)

Where the hell did you hear that? There's so much stupidity here it's hard to unpack:

- Technic has always been on good terms with the IC2 creator, Al Blaka. He was the first modder to give us permissions, and he's always dug what we do. So the idea that a dispute is even particularly likely is false.

- Al Blaka hasn't been active in the minecraft community lately, so I'm not even sure what sort of dispute we'd even have with him.

- Even if we did have a dispute, the IC2 license is permissive: permission is granted whether they like us or not, provided that we give them credit and link to their page, which you can confirm for yourself we've always done. So a dispute between us and IC2 wouldn't stop us from running IC2.

We've been very clear on the reasons why we don't think carrying IC2 is a good plan, in numerous threads around this site, so I know you didn't hear this crap from us. I'm not sure where you're getting your modpack news from, but they seem terribly unreliable and I'd reconsider them.

Actually, pretty sure I read it on these forums recently. I'm not trying to spread misinformation, I just happened to have been googling the crap out of several bugs recently and read it in my travels, and have not read anything on the matter otherwise.

It seems like a lot of people are talking about it, why don't you sticky a post to address the issue head on?

I will edit my post to stop this spread of 'misinformation', apologies.

Actually, pretty sure I read it on these forums recently. I'm not trying to spread misinformation, I just happened to have been googling the crap out of several bugs recently and read it in my travels, and have not read anything on the matter otherwise.

It seems like a lot of people are talking about it, why don't you sticky a post to address the issue head on?

I will edit my post to stop this spread of 'misinformation', apologies.

Sure, link me to where people are talking about it.

Sure, link me to where people are talking about it.

I have hundreds of history entries over the last few days, it would be quite a task to sift through them all. You are probably right and it is another forum - would still be better to sticky a simple thread saying:

- IC2 is not in the latest release of Tekkit as it has not been updated since Minecraft version x, use Tekkit Lite if you want to use IC2.

Simple -- and would prevent the billions of IC2 posts you seem to be plagued with. Honestly, I found my way here through Google because I just want my fucking spaceship to get to the moon, I'm not a forum regular (probably never will be given the abusive attitude of many posts!), but if you just sticky it for everyone to see you are being open and transparent about it and making your own life easier at the same time.

p.s. thanks for Tekkit :]

That would give people the impression IC2 isn't in the pack because it was holding the release back and they wanted the pack out now, and it will be added in at a later date.

No. Canvox has made it clear many many times and yet people still ignore it and/or misunderstand the situation. Creating a sticky to repeat the same information the 1001th time won't change a thing (if only because no one bothers to read stickies anyway).

Honestly, I found my way here through Google because I just want my fucking spaceship to get to the moon

I'm sorry? That makes no sense whatsoever, or you are just bad at finding information.

You're looking for how to get to the moon in Galacticraft, and so you found a thread that mentions Galacticraft once before your post. I would suggest something more relevant like the mcf post on galacticraft explaining every aspect of the mod....