Voltz for 1.5.X

Brodie_04

I want to write more about this when I can have time to put what I'm thinking about into words. What it comes down to is that I think everyone's aware that Voltz has for a long time been sort of the unwanted stepchild of the Technic family- it's been consistently buggy in a way that we wouldn't put up with for Tekkit, and has been this weird beta-testing ground for UE in a way that I think looks and runs kind of bad at times. There've been a lot of reasons for this, but our goal right now is to take the headliner mods that we think have value from this pack (Mekanism, ICBM, MFFS, Atomic Science), give their authors the chance to turn them into mods that belong in a top-notch pack, and set aside Voltz for now. There's still room for what Voltz was trying to be, a highly cohesive pack with PVP elements, no automining or autocrafting, and a low mod count. It requires a level of quality that I don't think some of the mods in Voltz were capable of delivering, though, so we're setting it aside for now.

Hope this is not inappropriate but If you guys like Voltz you should check out my pack it is 1.5.1 and has all mods from the New Tekkit but I added all the Universal Electricity mods, so I could have solar and nuclear plants in space :-) as well as Railcraft and PowerConverters to help me tie it all together.

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/cosmicraft.102338

• 1 month later...

It's out now. Hidden by default, but it's out. Go to the settings for volts, click manual build selection and at the bottom of the list you will find 2.0.0, and it's for minecraft 1.5.2. Some of the changes worth considering:

Railcraft is removed.

Electric expansion is removed, but I think this one is a bug. It can be re-downloaded here.

Assembly line is removed.

On the plus side though:

Minefactory is added. Kinda makes up for assembly line in my opinion.

Galacticraft is added.

Applied energistics is added.

Minechem is added. Very buggy at the moment, but still usable for the most part.

It's out now. Hidden by default, but it's out. Go to the settings for volts, click manual build selection and at the bottom of the list you will find 2.0.0, and it's for minecraft 1.5.2. Some of the changes worth considering:

Railcraft is removed.

Electric expansion is removed, but I think this one is a bug. It can be re-downloaded here.

Assembly line is removed.

On the plus side though:

Minefactory is added. Kinda makes up for assembly line in my opinion.

Galacticraft is added.

Applied energistics is added.

Minechem is added. Very buggy at the moment, but still usable for the most part.

F*** YEAH IVE WAITED FOR THIS!

Based on information I have acquired:

The removal of EE is not a bug. It's a dead mod. It may come back however when Calclavia rewrites it for ModJam. That's up to CanVox though. For now, Mekanism Cabling does the job of transferring energy, while Mekanism Energy cubes serve as advanced batteries, advanced energy storage, and transformers.

Fluid Mechanics, Assembly Line, and Railcraft have been removed. For multiple reasons.

Immibis's Microblocks, Galaticraft, MineFactory Reloaded, Applied Energistics, Minechem, and ICBM sentries has been added.

One thing though:

There is a reason why it is hidden. There are still issues in it that need to be solved by CanVox. For example, Power Suits is set to use UE recipes, but EE isn't in it, so anything from Power Suits is uncraftable.

In other words: If you are a server owner, don't update yet.

Calclavia has released a new pack. I don't know what it contains but I'm assuming the Universal Electricity lineup.

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/calclavia-pack

That's his UE test pack. It will obviously be unstable.