Activator Rail Replacing Some Ore?

Technomancer

I will create a bug report for this issue, but this thread is not meant to report a bug, but to ask a question:

Throughout the caves of my Overworld, there are numerous patches of Activator Rails underground, as if replacing an ore of some sort. I have seen and can mine: Coal, Iron, Gold, Diamond, Lapis Lazuli, Redstone, Emerald, Copper, Tin, Silver, Lead, Ferrous, and Certus Quartz. Is there a missing ore, and if so, what is it and how can I fix this issue?

I can provide a screenshot if needed.

The nearest items to Activator Rail's block ID would be Bookstand, Black Decay, Crystal, Link Portal, and Book Receptacle, followed by Unraveled Fabric and Fabric of Reality. So, is it Mystcraft? Is there some sort of Crystal Ore? Unfortunately, Dropper falls between Activator Rail and any mod items, so Dropper could have taken the place of another mod item, and possibly even ones before Activator Rail (the Quartz materials).

When was your world created? Maybe this is being caused by a change in config files after an update, though I don't even know if the config files are re-downloaded after an update and I sort of doubt such a thing would even cause this.

When was your world created? Maybe this is being caused by a change in config files after an update, though I don't even know if the config files are re-downloaded after an update and I sort of doubt such a thing would even cause this.

I created only a couple of days ago, so I doubt it is that.

Yes; however, I did this after rendering the area, if that makes a difference. All I had done was place a schematic down near the spawn area.

There's your problem.

MCEdit can't handle block ID's above 256 (Forge goes up to 4096), so it fucks with their ID's, causing you to find stuff like this underground. Ores with block ID 1893, for example, will have their ID changed to something like 193, which happens to be Activator Rail.

There's your problem.

MCEdit can't handle block ID's above 256 (Forge goes up to 4096), so it fucks with their ID's, causing you to find stuff like this underground. Ores with block ID 1893, for example, will have their ID changed to something like 193, which happens to be Activator Rail.

Alright, that makes sense. What was this high ID ore supposed to be, though?

If you download the latest version of MCEdit it can now handle and retain block IDs up to 4096

Thanks, I probably will.

Alright, that makes sense. What was this high ID ore supposed to be, though?

Copper or tin most likely. Possibly lead, silver, ferrous, or quartz. All of the ores are 925, the quarz is 745. I can't think of any other naturally occurring overworld blocks with an id above 256, with the exception of a few that appear in towns.