Super Lame Buildcraft Builder Table Issue needs addressed

eashonk

Ok, so I spent all morning yesterday crafting the builder table, the architect table, the blueprint library, blueprints, laid out my area, which was huge since I was covering a huge hole left by our turtle, and guess what? It doesn't work.

So, I discover that the Builder Table has been disabled and no word on a fix.

It is fine that those who make the mods want to change them, disable portions, etc. However,

IF YOU'RE GOING TO FREAKING MAKE YOUR TABLES REQUIRE 8 DIAMOND, 8 GOLD, 8 IRON (2 diamond gears) AND THAT CRAP AIN'T WORKING, YOU BETTER F*$#f@ TAKE OUT THE RECIPE AND MAKE IT VERY CLEAR THAT YOUR CRAP AIN'T WORKING!!!!!!!

I spent hours trying to get this to work only to discover that "oops, it's disabled, sorry, forgot to mention it anywhere, and left it in the game because apparently I'm an idiot."

That is all, carry on.

Builders may not work but what you wanted for that task is a filler, which works, and at a cost of zero diamonds.

yes, i was able to use the filler, my point was, it is pretty silly to bother disabling a portion of your mod, and still be able to craft it, esp when it is so expensive, was really just venting, but everybody thinks they gotta put in their two cents.

The most recent changelog for Buildcraft:

#3.6.0

- Added: Oil biomes! Additional changes to oil generation. (CovertJaguar)

- Added: Pump control list. Can be used to prohibit the pumping of specific liquids in specific dimensions. (immibis)

- Changed: Rewrote the Auto Crafting Table from the ground up. Now called “Auto Workbench”. 100 % compatible with vanilla hoppers. Items that cannot stack can’t be used in them anymore. They will not pull from adjacent inventories anymore, use hoppers/chutes instead. Crafting now has a time cost, the auto workbench does however not require power. (CovertJaguar)

- Changed: Improved oil physics to produce behaviour between water and lava. (CovertJaguar)

- Changed: Oil is now flammable. (viliml, Krapht, CovertJaguar)

- Changed: Stirling engine only accepts valid fuels from pipes. Combustion engines accepts liquids containers and ice.

- Bugfix: Several fixes to the laser crafting table. (CovertJaguar)

- Bugfix: Pipe wire state now persists on reload. (target-san)

- Bugfix: Removed builder crafting recipe, builder from creative inventory. (mcrobin4002, SirSengir)

- Bugfix: Disabled grass facades. (Krapht)

- Bugfix: Fixed crash on facade removal. (Flow86)

- Bugfix: Fixed addToRandomInventory. (Flow86, CovertJaguar)

As a retired programmer I do have to say that allowing one to start using a feature that is not working, is def poor programming practice.

The skill and ability of the modder not withstanding - Like filling a form on the web then hitting submit and saying 'oops - not working'. Bad mojo!

Never let the end-user even SEE something that is unavailable (like links on the web that go to 'Under Construction' - just don't enable the damn link!)

yes, i was able to use the filler, my point was, it is pretty silly to bother disabling a portion of your mod, and still be able to craft it, esp when it is so expensive, was really just venting, but everybody thinks they gotta put in their two cents.

Well, problem is, venting isn't going to do a lot of good here. Go complain to the modders, I'm sure their response will not differ a lot from ours. BuildCraft for 1.5.1 was kind of a Beta and riddled with bugs anyway.

As a Java programming beginner, I can tell you how difficult it can be to find and disable one item, especially when you're in a hurry.

You can always cheat the materials back with NEI. I wouldn't feel too bad about it, personally.

Rewrote the Auto Crafting Table from the ground up. Now called “Auto Workbench”. 100 % compatible with vanilla hoppers. Items that cannot stack can’t be used in them anymore. They will not pull from adjacent inventories anymore, use hoppers/chutes instead. Crafting now has a time cost, the auto workbench does however not require power.

Not to derail too much but damn, thats gonna suck for the one thing I use autocrafting tables for. Making clay blocks out of gravel and sandstone.

As a retired programmer I do have to say that allowing one to start using a feature that is not working, is def poor programming practice.

The skill and ability of the modder not withstanding - Like filling a form on the web then hitting submit and saying 'oops - not working'. Bad mojo!

Never let the end-user even SEE something that is unavailable (like links on the web that go to 'Under Construction' - just don't enable the damn link!)

exactly, thank you

Not to derail too much but damn, thats gonna suck for the one thing I use autocrafting tables for. Making clay blocks out of gravel and sandstone.

didn't realize this either, will have to be careful, i have my system setup to automatically smelt cobble and auto crafters to make stone blocks and stone stairs when inventories are low (or stone level is high)

Sorry that is a nuclear option to fix something that was a 10cent design that could be done the second ingame day.

the automation of even the simplest of tasks is the way a lot of people play, including myself. I dont care that i can do it easily the 2nd day, I want the ability to make 1000s of anything upon demand, no matter the recipe.

Well, problem is, venting isn't going to do a lot of good here. Go complain to the modders, I'm sure their response will not differ a lot from ours. BuildCraft for 1.5.1 was kind of a Beta and riddled with bugs anyway.

As a Java programming beginner, I can tell you how difficult it can be to find and disable one item, especially when you're in a hurry.

You can always cheat the materials back with NEI. I wouldn't feel too bad about it, personally.

I think your problem is that you're trying to fix my problem, and I'm not asking for a problem to be fixed. I was simply pointing out a stupid mistake, which caused me great distress, and through venting hope to make more people aware of the issue so they do not have the same scenario occur.

I'm not trying to fix your problem, I just hate it when people come to complain, and then they do it in the wrong place too. If your insurance company screws you over, do you run into a car dealership to yell at the dealers?

Honestly, if it bugs you so much, throw the thing into lava and cheat the crafting materials back.