Let's Test Tekkit 1.1.4!

CanVox

I got a white screen crash when I took out Galacticraft.

The issue must be with Modular Powersuits. I took it out and frames were high, and the game ran smoothly.

I also fell through the world (solid blocks, including bedrock) when I moved forward. I've noticed this glitch a couple of times, only recently (on 1.5)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is more of a "crystal ball" type of question than any results of testing, but..

Do we have a sense where modders are heading regarding microblocks? AE supports Immibis for ME cables, PowerCrystals has indicated he is waiting for CB's version for RedNet and I'm not sure where KingLemming is leaning for conduits.

I would hate to see the pack having to support multiple models going forward.

The issue must be with Modular Powersuits. I took it out and frames were high, and the game ran smoothly.

I also fell through the world (solid blocks, including bedrock) when I moved forward. I've noticed this glitch a couple of times, only recently (on 1.5)

On 1.5, this happens in SSP while the game is saving chunks back out to disk after initial worldgen. It goes away after a bit- if it lasts more than a few seconds you can bring your inventory up (so the game doesn't pause) and alt+tab for a minute while it does its thing, but I've only had to do that on Big Dig because it's got so many mods. Tekkit's been pretty speedy about saving.

Do me a favor- get a fresh copy of tekkit, and then in your tekkitmain/config folder there's a file called mmmPowersuits.cfg.

Under the graphics section, set "Use Pixel/Vertex Shaders" to false and "Bloom Multiplier" to 1. See if that fixes the framerate.

If not, under font try setting "Use Custom Font Engine" to false. See if that helps.

On 1.5, this happens in SSP while the game is saving chunks back out to disk after initial worldgen. It goes away after a bit- if it lasts more than a few seconds you can bring your inventory up (so the game doesn't pause) and alt+tab for a minute while it does its thing, but I've only had to do that on Big Dig because it's got so many mods. Tekkit's been pretty speedy about saving.

Ah, yes, it is very rare, and I have only noticed it 2 or 3 times before, on Big Dig. I was in creative mode, so no biggie. It does seem like in survival mode death in the void would be possible.... or would you warp back to the surface when the save is done?

Ah, yes, it is very rare, and I have only noticed it 2 or 3 times before, on Big Dig. I was in creative mode, so no biggie. It does seem like in survival mode death in the void would be possible.... or would you warp back to the surface when the save is done?

You warp back when it's over- you don't ACTUALLY fall into the void, it's just a visual thing because the server, such as it is, is being unresponsive.

You warp back when it's over- you don't ACTUALLY fall into the void, it's just a visual thing because the server, such as it is, is being unresponsive.

Oh. I see. That's pretty cool.

Success! Settting "Use Pixel/Vertex Shaders" to false and "Bloom Multiplier" to 1 clears everything up nicely! It doesn't run as smoothly as it could, but I probably just need a better computer. Maybe set those values as default for the benefit of people with computers like mine?

• Discord Moderator

So um.. I want to update from 1.0.6 w/mcpc+ but I'm afraid

This build has some significant changes to existing configs in name, content, and location. It also has some additions for new mods. If you have altered your configs at all (and who hasn't) you'll need to do some diffs to make sure you don't miss anything.

Handy for me: find . -type f -exec vimdiff {} ~/114/configs/{} \;

• Discord Moderator

On another note for those folks planning on "upgrading" an existing world. CoFHCore will attempt to retroactively generate ores and flatten bedrock in all existing chunks. While I suspect this is fairly safe, if you have a decent sized world along with many 10s of MystCraft ages it may take a long time during which your TPS will be suffering.

On another note for those folks planning on "upgrading" an existing world. CoFHCore will attempt to retroactively generate ores and flatten bedrock in all existing chunks. While I suspect this is fairly safe, if you have a decent sized world along with many 10s of MystCraft ages it may take a long time during which your TPS will be suffering.

If it makes you feel better, it SHOULD be only regenning atomic science uranium. I'll turn off the retroactive flat bedrock ~I guess~. :D

• Discord Moderator

Heh, yeah. I started it up before heading to work this morning and checked back at a bit after 4pm. Still regenerating so I decided to disable FlatBedrock regen and restart. At the rate it's running right now it'll take a couple days to complete. :) I assume it is rate-limiting itself to spare some server load since I'm hovering around 18.5 TPS (with no one logged in). A high-rate "fill" with WorldBorder can spank it a lot harder.

Heh, yeah. I started it up before heading to work this morning and checked back at a bit after 4pm. Still regenerating so I decided to disable FlatBedrock regen and restart. At the rate it's running right now it'll take a couple days to complete. :) I assume it is rate-limiting itself to spare some server load since I'm hovering around 18.5 TPS (with no one logged in). A high-rate "fill" with WorldBorder can spank it a lot harder.

He is doing that, but we also spoke about the fact that given how little we're actually regenning (Atomic Science uranium ONLY) it should actually be going somewhat faster. He's got an idea about what's up and will be looking into it tonight.

I upgraded my server from 1.0.6 to 1.1.2 the other day to remove the enormous amount of MCPC bugs and I've been quite satisfied (along with the server community) with the results.

But there's been three major hiccups for me.

1. Modular Power Armors new "L" customization screen tends to pop client errors, especially if you accidentally click the middle mouse button, at a regular rate.

2. AE Storage Buses aren't depositing items in DSU's correctly.

3. Tossing infinite power cards in a Force Field generator causes a server crash.

But, aside from those three, the server has been leagues more stable and plagued with far fewer bugs than before the upgrade.

We've had three crashes since the upgrade, all of them from item number 3.

A couple things:

- Haven't heard anything about the client errors in the keybind screen, could you get me a log?

- I think the AE storage bus/DSU issue is a subset on the larger AE/MFR bug that popped up this version. It's gonna have to wait for a fix.

I believe the item number 3 thing is fixed in 1.1.3/4, so I'd definitely consider an upgrade soon.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the new version, I'm going to do some experimentation and decide whether to put out one more build before going rec soon. Thanks for testing!

We upgraded this morning, but none of our admins have fiddled with the MFFS's yet. Issues 1 and 2 were discovered after the upgrade to 1.1.4. Issue 3 was discovered after the 1.1.2 upgrade.

We're fiddling with them now to see if the server will crash. I'll try to reproduce the PowerSuit crash shortly.

Edit:

Here's a PowerArmor related crash log from a few hours ago.

http://pastebin.com/GAkD2yaA

Edit 2:

Managed to crash my server with MFFS. Standard error crash log was not generated.

http://pastebin.com/J6gR3zKK

Server is set to survival and i log in and i am in creative. So i manualy set /gamemode 0 and it works i am in survival then i re-log or go in a dim door or a myst world and i am back in creative. This wont stop happening. Any ideas? Also if i break a block it looks gone but it is still there on the server i just can't see it.

Seems to be related to my player file in the world folder. After everything i tried logging in under a different account fixed it. Going to restart server and delete my player file from the world when i don't have any users on.

What makes you say I need to update my java? I'm running 1.7.0_21 This is the latest update. I'm even using the 64bit version.

From your log:

1. 2013-06-13 09:26:36 [iNFO] [ForgeModLoader] Java is Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0_17, running on Windows 7:amd64:6.1, installed at C:\Program Files\Java\jre7