[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

Ok, so I assume you just use a storage bus? Well, that's easy... And has the priority to be 20 or something else?

Though what you said last was somehow confusing me: you said, that I wouldn't want to use an export

bus unless I want to insert stuff from my AE network into the enderchest/ or actually I use a tesseract ;)

But I want to do just that! :P I want the stuff from my Quarry in my AESystem in a chest so I can process it with the TE machines.

Sorry, but I still don't really know what to do :P

Yeah just the storage bus, the storage bus basically tells AE to treat the ender chest as an AE storage place, and 20 and 10 were just easy random numbers, essentially any items will go to the highest priority storage first then the next etc.., so it could be 2 on one and 1 on the other, just as long as the one you want stuff put in first is higher.

Is the quarry already storing stuff in the AE system just fine, and you just want certain things pulled from the system and put into the ender chest? If so yeah an export bus should be what you need, or possibly a storage bus with a higher priority then your main AE storage set to accept just the specific things from the quarry you want stored in the chest (like ores etc..)

I'll run some tests in my test world and see what I can find for you, I'll probably respond in a PM on the forum though to keep the AE system discussion from cluttering jakj's thread.

I have a request! Can you make an engine/motor and a set of carriage blocks that will rotate whatever is connected to the carriage blocks? For example. A motor block placed on the ground facing up, and place a platform of carriages on top of that, turn the motor on and the platform spins around slowly, like a gear. Is that doable?

I have a request! Can you make an engine/motor and a set of carriage blocks that will rotate whatever is connected to the carriage blocks? For example. A motor block placed on the ground facing up, and place a platform of carriages on top of that, turn the motor on and the platform spins around slowly, like a gear. Is that doable?

Not without lots of custom handling for different mods. There isn't a standard way for things to specify which way they face, so if you turn something it may end up in an invalid direction.

There isn't a standard way for things to specify which way they face

While you are absolutely correct, I'd just like to point out that Forge actually introduces a `rotateBlock` function in the block class (together with a `getValidRotations` one). It is opt-in, though, as is pretty much anything in Minecraft, so one can't really rely on it, sadly. Here's hoping spreading awareness of it may some day make it so... make it so, make it soo~

Even if the forge rotation were to become standard, and even if every mod everywhere simultaneously decided to support it, that would still leave multi blocks like tanks and pistons. Also, the first two points are incredibly unlikely anyway.

If you want limited support for rotation, go bitch at the ugocraft people.

HeyHo :)

It's me again.. today: I just noticed the wireless redstone Receiver not working/ semi-not working on frames. they just stay on, and I can't turn them off :( I was using that because my tunnel bore was duplicating as it moved along: I had one full set of Carriage spectres one of some broken mining well-stuff and the original mining well still moving along just fine. I thought it was because I quit game while it was still moving, so I wanted a way to turn it off - remotely. But it didn't work. Can you think of a proper way to fix this?

That crash doesn't even mention my code, and I'm really not feeling eager to decompile other mods every time something weird breaks. Until further notice, unless it's actually my code crashing, or it's obvious in some way that my code has caused some sort of corruption, I'm just going to assume the other mod is doing unclean caching or making too many assumptions and not worry about it. That doesn't mean it's necessarily a bug in the other code either: It just means they're doing too much wild stuff that makes it hard to handle.

HeyHo :)

It's me again.. today: I just noticed the wireless redstone Receiver not working/ semi-not working on frames. they just stay on, and I can't turn them off :( I was using that because my tunnel bore was duplicating as it moved along: I had one full set of Carriage spectres one of some broken mining well-stuff and the original mining well still moving along just fine. I thought it was because I quit game while it was still moving, so I wanted a way to turn it off - remotely. But it didn't work. Can you think of a proper way to fix this?

Known issue, he's working on it.

jakj, you should direct people to use the github for issues instead of this thread; it could use some, uh, use, other than as an un-updated wiki :P.

Known issue, he's working on it.

jakj, you should direct people to use the github for issues instead of this thread; it could use some, uh, use, other than as an un-updated wiki :P.

The average Minecraft user, even if you restrict that set to only the ones capable of installing a mod for themselves, is not sophisticated enough (or driven enough) to actually use a proper issue-tracker.

Well, I consider myself sophisticated enough to use an issue tracker, if I had known of it... :P

That's why it's an average: Some can, some can't. I'm glad you can.

I don't actually have an active GitHub right now, though: I've gotten so sidetracked with my Java preprocessor that I haven't done much on this project recently. (Java is amazing. I used to be a C devotee, and I still like it a lot, but Java is so fun: It's like living in a candyland paradise where unicorns prance around and little winged ones and zeros fill the sky.)

That's why it's an average: Some can, some can't. I'm glad you can.

I don't actually have an active GitHub right now, though: I've gotten so sidetracked with my Java preprocessor that I haven't done much on this project recently. (Java is amazing. I used to be a C devotee, and I still like it a lot, but Java is so fun: It's like living in a candyland paradise where unicorns prance around and little winged ones and zeros fill the sky.)

So you wouldn't even be able to put it on github now... Alright, good you said that ^^

And also not to be confused: I haven't used an issue tracker yet, but I can imagine how it's done, and also consider it not too hard to be done. :)

So you wouldn't even be able to put it on github now... Alright, good you said that ^^

And also not to be confused: I haven't used an issue tracker yet, but I can imagine how it's done, and also consider it not too hard to be done. :)

It'll be on github eventually, just not right now. For the moment, the source being in the .zip file is good enough, as is people posting in this thread.

It'll be on github eventually, just not right now. For the moment, the source being in the .zip file is good enough, as is people posting in this thread.

Ok, then. I definitely don't wanna be annoying, but the wireless redstone thing i mentioned... I were told you were working on it, so how much of a problem is it to fix it? my mining well and me would be REALLY be happy if you did so, because I tried computercraft... and my basic understanding of the thing is just failing, if you know what I mean ;)

Ok, then. I definitely don't wanna be annoying, but the wireless redstone thing i mentioned... I were told you were working on it, so how much of a problem is it to fix it? my mining well and me would be REALLY be happy if you did so, because I tried computercraft... and my basic understanding of the thing is just failing, if you know what I mean ;)

No eta. The best solution in the mean time seems to be to use a turtle instead of wireless redstone, where the turtle moves itself instead of being moved by the carriage. I'm sure somebody here can help you out with getting that to work, but basically it's "send wireless command to turtle ; turtle signals controller; controller moves carriage; turtle moves itself to follow". Make sure the turtle is positioned so that it's not trying to move onto where the carriage already was (so if your carriage is moving north, put it on the west/east/top/bottom) or else put in a looping check for "is there a block in front of me" before moving.

No eta. The best solution in the mean time seems to be to use a turtle instead of wireless redstone, where the turtle moves itself instead of being moved by the carriage. I'm sure somebody here can help you out with getting that to work, but basically it's "send wireless command to turtle ; turtle signals controller; controller moves carriage; turtle moves itself to follow". Make sure the turtle is positioned so that it's not trying to move onto where the carriage already was (so if your carriage is moving north, put it on the west/east/top/bottom) or else put in a looping check for "is there a block in front of me" before moving.

yes I actually did it like: if redstone on back of Computer1 is active rednet.send(id,message:"on"). Then if Com2 receives this signal he'd put out the move command. but it wasn't working over and over again, just once... And yes I used a while loop ;)

yes I actually did it like: if redstone on back of Computer1 is active rednet.send(id,message:"on"). Then if Com2 receives this signal he'd put out the move command. but it wasn't working over and over again, just once... And yes I used a while loop ;)

If it can help I can send you in that conversation from earlier a link to the full computer movement code I use for those videos, it can move in any direction/number of times without issue either done on the computer on the frames or from a command sent to it from another computer.

As a side bonus it is done without any loops besides if using the remote command part, so it is a lot more efficient/not error prone like loops can tend to be.

Jakj, whether Will be support of microblocks in frame carriage to do the hidden pipes, and also to do the block of different materials on each side? I know that there is template carriage, but the motor doesn't want to move these blocks, and moves only main template block.

If it can help I can send you in that conversation from earlier a link to the full computer movement code I use for those videos, it can move in any direction/number of times without issue either done on the computer on the frames or from a command sent to it from another computer.

As a side bonus it is done without any loops besides if using the remote command part, so it is a lot more efficient/not error prone like loops can tend to be.

Awesome, please do so :)