[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

Hiya!

Love your mod, seriously, adore it. There is one problem I found while using it, though: when using the Carriage Controller (ComputerCraft carriage engine), if you try to make the carriage move to a place it can't, using

pilot.move(movedir,false,false)

for example, the program this function is in will exit. Now this I can understand, but then this

pilot.move(movedir,true,false)

which means running the movement in simulation mode, also makes the program exit. What use is the simulation if it just makes the program die when it returns 'false' (or - 'I cannot move there')?

I'm just trying to understand how to use this function appropriately; I'm having trouble getting my ship to check for locations it can't move in (and I didn't feel like rigging the entire exterior of the ship with Turtles that checked if they could move there, so they could tell the ship that it could move there too :P ).

Is it a bug? If not, I recommend changing the 'simulation function' 's application so that it doesn't quit upon returning 'false', but rather... well... returns false.

Still, for the rest, utterly amazing mod - thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya!

Love your mod, seriously, adore it. There is one problem I found while using it, though: when using the Carriage Controller (ComputerCraft carriage engine), if you try to make the carriage move to a place it can't, using

pilot.move(movedir,false,false)

for example, the program this function is in will exit. Now this I can understand, but then this

pilot.move(movedir,true,false)

which means running the movement in simulation mode, also makes the program exit. What use is the simulation if it just makes the program die when it returns 'false' (or - 'I cannot move there')?

I'm just trying to understand how to use this function appropriately; I'm having trouble getting my ship to check for locations it can't move in (and I didn't feel like rigging the entire exterior of the ship with Turtles that checked if they could move there, so they could tell the ship that it could move there too :P ).

Is it a bug? If not, I recommend changing the 'simulation function' 's application so that it doesn't quit upon returning 'false', but rather... well... returns false.

Still, for the rest, utterly amazing mod - thanks a lot!

That's weird. Anyways I recommend that you make your ground and water vehicles only with Frames, Structure, and Template Carriages, so you don't have to expect problems.

Ok, so I just installed RiM on our fully updated 1.6.4 MCPC+ SMP server and I tried to start making some frames. I put 5 sticks in a crafting table, and the Crosspiece shows up for a split second, then disappears.

I even went into creative mode, and gave myself a crosspiece, and as soon as I click on the crafting table, it disappears out of my inventory.

Any ideas?

NVM.... A server restart seamed to fix it...

The blue platform frame are very nice in the fact you can use 1 and move lot of stuff BUT it makes landing impossible because it just drags EVERYTHING as long as there is a connection between it and anything then it will drag it = Other than that great mod, I can how finally finish my gaint air ship I was building last year with red power 2 which was lot more complicated with all the frame engine I had to built lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about translocators.  I'm working on elevator system for a tall (20+ floor) building, and I can easily do the elevator with all the other motor types as it suits me.

What I was *hoping* to do, for speed mainly, was to have a carriage translocator on each floor.  They'd all share the same X/Y, just differing Z axis.  I as hoping that on floor Two, I'd be able to redstone 'down' and go to One, or redstone 'up' and go to Three.

Is that something that might be possible in a future release?

I have been searching for some time, since tekkit has removed the frame motors from us, i havent found a way to create large doors, sliding. whatever, can anyone tell me how to or point me in a direction i can use RIM to build large doors theres not alot on youtube or videos. everything pretty much is the simple 2x2 or 3x3 piston doors, im looking away to make larger doors and is there a way to do it in RIM if there is please send me a link or video or some instruction please thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I would of originally posted it here, but trying to keep track of 1 post in a thread with a large number of contributors will quickly have it buried under pages & pages of posts; so i created a github issue and it hasn't even been seen yet; https://github.com/jakj/Redstone-In-Motion/issues/1. For those who don't want to read it the idea is a rotational carriage engine with a CC controlled variant that'll work for all 6 directions.

Edited by The_Creamster

I would of originally posted it here, but trying to keep track of 1 post in a thread with a large number of contributors will quickly have it buried under pages & pages of posts; so i created a github issue and it hasn't even been seen yet; https://github.com/jakj/Redstone-In-Motion/issues/1. For those who don't want to read it the idea is a rotational carriage engine with a CC controlled variant that'll work for all 6 directions.

We've been over it several times here, but here goes. Rotating blocks is no easy thing: there's no standard as to what metadata value corresponds to each direction, so each mod block would need its own. Additionally, if you want to rotate in 3D, there's a problem with, for example, furnaces: they don't come in sideways. You'd have to fix every vanilla block that does this (off the top of my head, torches, chests, furnaces, ladders, beacons, crops... the list goes on) and a majority mod blocks too.

Edited by planetguy

I wanna download tekkit for my minecraft server for me and my friends but im worried. Will i lose anything? Please reply.

Is this Tekkit onto a vanilla server? If so, your existing stuff will probably be fine, though some mod ores might not be generated, and if you have smooth stone structures underground there's a chance that mod ores might be retroactively generated there.

I wanna download tekkit for my minecraft server for me and my friends but im worried. Will i lose anything? Please reply.

You should be able to keep most of your stuff, but keep in mind that you should not backdate worlds. If you are playing on a Minecraft 1.7 server you can't use Tekkit because Tekkit uses Minecraft 1.6. It might work, but it probably wont and everything in 1.7 that isnt in 1.6 like podzol, stained glass, dark oak and acacia trees, as well as the new biomes will not be carried over. If for whatever reason you are playing on a 1.6 server it should be okay, but I'd start a new world anyway.

Also, this has nothing to do with Redstone in Motion, so you should have made a new thread.

I have an awful trouble with RIM. Sometimes then i right click with a screwdriver on a base template carriage block my minecraft client crashes.

I don`t know what to do. I`ve build rather difficult miner and on upgrading it crashed(((

Here is the log http://pastebin.com/Qk4UwGs8

and log from the file http://pastebin.com/4F46051t

It`s not in first time. I know that if i`ll remove the base block of carriage everything will be fine, but it will break the carriage and i should start all again.

P.S. Sorry, if the answer was written fot 100500 times. English is not my native language and it`s impossible to read all the topic from the start. Search didn`t help me.

Edited by Wiss

This is my miner.

998bb0c17ed11aa1b02d76d99ee8eb12.png

Because of limitation 300 blocks on carriage it consists of 7 independent parts.

9a8a959225b67326feb42d7d3801cb0e.png

The mining part consist from two mining claws 12 mining wells and 36 steam engines each.

c51fee3352560b63bcf982fbde9b649a.png

Top parе is 5 steam boilers+furnances to make charcoal.

f082b57b27397646078754310eb350aa.pngAnd the most insane part of this project is FOREST wрich moves with miner.

P.S. Help me to save this beauty! Ot just say how not to spiol it again.

P.S.S. This is an old screens. Before death miner was on steam+biofuel.

This is my miner.

d the most insane part of this project is FOREST wрich moves with miner.

P.S. Help me to save this beauty! Ot just say how not to spiol it again.

P.S.S. This is an old screens. Before death miner was on steam+biofuel.

I dont know how to solve it but i had similar problem. I recommend dont right-clicking big temples and just remember where you put them. (you can still add more frames without enabling preview)

Edited by masterzh