Equivalent Exchange - 1.0.6

jackalex25

Hi,

My friend has a port forwarded 1.0.6 tekkit server. As far as we know all the other mods work apart from EE.

In the recipe section to the right, the only item that appears is the Alchemical chest. Items such as the energy condenser aren't in the game.

The Mod 'EE3' is in the mods section of the server folder so I assume it should be worker.

Is there a new updated server that can be downloaded or compatibility error with Technic launcher?

Many thanks

Jack.

Do you think they will create a slightly less overpowered equivalent of condensers. As it seems much harder now and a lot less fun.

could you not just google?

Red Matter has been removed. It was a cosmetic tier only to give people something to aim for after Dark Matter. Dark Matter is now the top tier tech in EE3.

Collectors have been removed. A different method for passive EMC generation will be introduced in the future.

Condensers have been removed. A suitable replacement with new mechanics will be added in the future.

The Destruction Catalyst/Hyperkinetic Lens have been removed. Their functionality still exists in the Dark Matter tools.

The EMC system will remain, but it will be changed to accomodate new and more interesting mechanics.

There will be a method to move EMC around in "wires."

More configuration options will be available to both players and server admins.

EE3 will feature an API, which is not complete at this time.

A transmutation system similiar to the Transmutation Tablet will exist, but is not ready to be disclosed at this time.

Do you think they will create a slightly less overpowered equivalent of condensers. As it seems much harder now and a lot less fun.

oh gee did they make it so you have to actually work to get rewards yeah that must just totally ruin the game i mean who in there right mind wants to have goals and objectives requiring challenging game play to achieve you know what you should write a letter or something protesting how un fun a game is when you have to earn things instead of just getting them for free oh wait they did think of that and gee wisikers they even gave it a suitable name "creative mode" well gee i guess you can have your cake and eat it too

oh gee did they make it so you have to actually work to get rewards yeah that must just totally ruin the game i mean who in there right mind wants to have goals and objectives requiring challenging game play to achieve you know what you should write a letter or something protesting how un fun a game is when you have to earn things instead of just getting them for free oh wait they did think of that and gee wisikers they even gave it a suitable name "creative mode" well gee i guess you can have your cake and eat it too

+1

I was about to mention creative mode. It feels like EE2 lovers simply used it to feel a bit less cheap when using creative.

+1

I was about to mention creative mode. It feels like EE2 lovers simply used it to feel a bit less cheap when using creative.

Some "EE2 lovers" just enjoy playing on a multiplayer server. You know very well that creative mode may as well not exist in multiplayer: no one enables it.

/gamemode 1 Aurrin

Tada!

Right. I'll just go pick a server, login, and...

"You do not have sufficient priviledges"

Oh no! It's almost as if server admins can choose to turn off the mode or keep people from using it!

About the EMC stuff: pahimar is implementing a dynamic EMC system, the code that I've seen is very complicated and I don't understand much of it, but it seems to be like a sort of supply-demand thing. Like, originally wood is 4 EMC, but if I supply tons of it the EMC value goes down. Also, there's a blacklist of items that can't be transmuted like cobble and reeds.

Right. I'll just go pick a server, login, and...

"You do not have sufficient priviledges"

Oh no! It's almost as if server admins can choose to turn off the mode or keep people from using it!

Find a server admin who you trust and can trust you, or run your own server. It sounds to me like you are playing on servers who have locked down their shit to the level of paranoia. Its a trivial matter to have the default gamemode for everyone to be survival (0), and by using that command to change only one user's gamemode to creative (1). I've done it on my own server because I trust my users, and we all play nice in the sandbox together.

About the EMC stuff: pahimar is implementing a dynamic EMC system, the code that I've seen is very complicated and I don't understand much of it, but it seems to be like a sort of supply-demand thing. Like, originally wood is 4 EMC, but if I supply tons of it the EMC value goes down. Also, there's a blacklist of items that can't be transmuted like cobble and reeds.

Really? that is awesome! One complaint that ive heard is that EE wrecks economies, but this (might) actually help them flourish!