Brilliant Minds Needd - AE Autocrafting with Liquids

Okay, here is what I am trying to accomplish:

Use my Applied Energistics system to autocraft redstone energy cells/tesseracts from scratch.

The easy parts are just that, easy. The hiccups and headaches come when trying to send the redstone/enderpearls to the Magma Crucible.

We can put, for example, 40 redstone dust as the input in the pattern, but what do you put in the output for the pattern?

And if we were to get past that, we can have the liquid drain out into a Transposer. But how do we tell it to build and put an Energy Cell Frame in there to be filled?

I don't think I'm thinking far enough outside of the box. Suggestions?

I've been starting to think about this myself, though I haven't gotten around to it.

The best I've been able to come up with is to have a dedicated magma crucible -> liquid transposer set up. So I might set up two -- one for redstone, one for ender pearls. And then I would just set the pattern that 1 empty in leads to 1 full out. Not exactly elegant, as you have to dedicate a crucible/transposer pair, but I just don't see how to have it automatically handle when there's leftover molten liquid.

EDIT: and, then I'd have a chute of redstone/ender pearls into each crucible with in export bus to fill them as space becomes available.

But then that's a lot of wasted redstone/enderpearls just sitting there in liquid form at the end of the day.

40 redstone is what it takes to fill an Energy Cell Frame. Not sure how many enderpearls. There has to be a way to get this to work.

well, you know, you could probably just skip the chutes. so you would still have some excess in liquid form, but who really cares about wasting redstone? (at least, I seem to have a surplus, ever since I got quarries working)

and even with Ender Pearls, you can craft them with a Minium Stone and iron, so... you can afford to have some perpetually tied up in liquid form. I don't know the exact number to fill a tesseract but it's in the ballpark of 8, I believe (+/- 2).

4 Ender pearls are needed per tesseract. 40 redstone per redstone energy cube. If you can get it to output the ender pearl/redstone, in those amounts, into the crucible, and a frame into the transposer, then extract the filled frames, it should be doable with just 1 pair of cricibles/transposers.

The pattern for the magma crucible should have an input of those numbers into the crucible, but no output into the AE system. The output would be from the transposer instead, as a filled frame.

Got it!

Encoded Pattern telling it to supply exact number of redstone dust/enderpearls and 1 empty energy/tesseract frame. Pattern goes into interface next to a CHEST with items being pumped out and routed - redstone/enderpearls into the crucible, frames into the transposer. Then just put an Import Bus on the transposer and BOOM! - AE handling liquids like a pro!

The pattern for the magma crucible should have an input of those numbers into the crucible, but no output into the AE system. The output would be from the transposer instead, as a filled frame.

Problem is that you HAVE to have an output or it won't let you make the pattern.

I have mine setup slightly different to this.

Place an interface with a magma crucible to the left and a liquid transposer to the right.

Set the magma C to output liquid from the top and transposer to accept liquid from the top

connect the two top faces with liquiduct

set the blue input faces to the sides facing the interface

set the transposer red output to the back

place a basic import bus on the back of the transposer and connect this bus and interface to your network

Make a pattern that accepts 40 redstone and 1 energy cell frame and provides 1 energy cell

place this pattern in the interface.

done

I've actually posed this very question to Algorithm on MCF. He told me that starting with v11, it becomes possible to feed items from an interface into another interface, thus enabling the use of AE subnetworks for more complex crafting setups. This is what he posted:

rv11_seperate_outputs.png

And the description:

rv10 connects the two interfaces, but rv11 doesn't ( cause it faces the other one. ) basically the pattern is on the green interface in the back, which ejects into the interface on the red cable, inserts into the storage buses that have item filters on them to denote which items go where, ( glass = magma crucible, cobble = liquid transposer ) and then the output is pushed into the interface on the green cable in the front and continues crafting.

Its possible in rv10 but you need to connect the two interfaces with a pipe instead. ( unpleasant because of overflow possibilities. )

But then that's a lot of wasted redstone/enderpearls just sitting there in liquid form at the end of the day.

40 redstone is what it takes to fill an Energy Cell Frame. Not sure how many enderpearls. There has to be a way to get this to work.

Was thinking about this, and I suppose if you are tight on supplies that might be an issue, but at least in my system the dedicated machines see enough use that waiting for the crucible to process would be a waste of time so that is the tradeoff here, and it is by no means wasted, I go through a ton of conduit and cells and tessaracts so what is waste, is kinda minor considering the almost 2 million cobble, 600k dirt(started collecting it much later), and 200k wood I have already, keeping a stack of redstone block or enderpearls in my crucible seems kinda cheap. I do however respect the attempt to make it on demand, may have a use for that in the future, though I find more interesting that Item tesseracts are valid inventories for ME-Interfaces kinda revolutionary, I mean with that your ME network doesn't even have to be in the same physical location as your factory and everything could just be piped around to various places from a central processing center. However I do wish to inquire with KL as to how exactly the Tesseracts item inventory works if the output is not valid at the time of transmission, does it hold and wait? and can it hold multiple item types or just a single stack of what is sent? but that probably won't even be an issue in the foreseeable future.