New Tekkit; The how-to

Gapho

Does anybody have any ideas that they want to contribute to making Tekkit fun?

Things like rules for gameplay et cetera.

I'll start:

1. No using Dimensional Doors worlds as bases.
  2. Spawning things is prohibited at all times, even if the game breaks and you lose objects/bases.
  3. Spawning things is prohibited at all times, even if you can't be bothered making a laser.
  4. Your main base cannot be in an inhospitable climate.
  5. Stay on {easy,so&so,hard} difficulty at all times

I'm not sure the suggestions here would make a game better at all.

Minecraft is as much a toy as a game. There is no wrong way to play with a toy so long as you have fun.

Little Jonny has a toy truck. It is his favorite. He plays with it all the time by pretending it is a rocket-ship.

DO you

A; let him have fun?

B; smack him in the hand and tell him its a truck not a rocket ship?

I'm not sure the suggestions here would make a game better at all.

Minecraft is as much a toy as a game. There is no wrong way to play with a toy so long as you have fun.

Little Jonny has a toy truck. It is his favorite. He plays with it all the time by pretending it is a rocket-ship.

DO you

A; let him have fun?

B; smack him in the hand and tell him its a truck not a rocket ship?

A toy and a game aren't the same thing.

A game involves toys (among other things), but toys don't involve games.

All my challenges are not of cheating nature...

Well challenges is a better word. I still think its best to worry about your own gaming experience.

I never spawned anything for years when I first started playing minecraft. Then something happened, I got less interested in video games. I spend less time playing them and I get bored sooner if something is too difficult or too grindy. Should I not play them at all if I don't want to play as a person seeking the greatest challenge?

So now if I fall down my own quarry I may very well go into creative and fly down and get my stuff. SO what? How does that effect your enjoyment? It does not.

Lets say for example I cheat myself a stack of diamonds, I would never, but lets just say. If you are not going to cheat by coming into my house and taking my diamonds how would it even affect your game-play? It would not, but it may very well make minecraft into an enjoyable experience for somebody who is simply not going to spend the time mining.

If I build a fortress in survival and my friend across the way builds a much better fortress in creative, why should I care? I enjoy survival building while the other person may not. I'm being petty if I care about that.

I find cheating to be an inapplicable word to a game with no clear goals other than to have fun.