Easy Modpack Making

fireman1x

I decided to post a guide for easy modding so people who don't have a technic website account or cant create one can create their own modpacks (Also for people who don't want a hassle).

-Step 1: Download a modpack from the Technic website (Small or big, doesn't matter).

-Step 2: Delete any Mods/Coremods you don't want (From the modpack you just downloaded).

-Step 3: Download some other modpacks.

-Step 4: Copy some mods from other modpacks to put in yours.

-Step 5: Make sure of no ID conflicts (By test running your modpack). If there are any, (It will probably crash if there is) fix them yourself or ask someone else(I can't do it cause I don't know how) Suggesting luke28, because he can fix them for you (You might have to wait a while).

-Step 6: Now with your newly made modpack, you can go with Choice one or two.

Choice 1: Play it now

Choice 2: Publish it

-(Choice 2 only)Step 7: Upload it to Technic launcher and then start playing.

Hope this helped!

• Moderators

I decided to post a guide for easy modding so people who don't have a technic website account or cant create one can create their own modpacks (Also for people who don't want a hassle).

-Step 1: Download a modpack from the Technic website (Small or big, doesn't matter).

-Step 2: Delete any Mods/Coremods you don't want (From the modpack you just downloaded).

-Step 3: Download some other modpacks.

-Step 4: Copy some mods from other modpacks to put in yours.

Hope this helped!

This is the probably the worst guide there is.

Why even bother downloading a modpack from the get-go if you advice people to delete the content and download more modpacks to fill the empty hole?

Like spilling milk from a bottle, buying a few more bottles to add to that spilled bottle to refill it... :confused:

People could get more valuable info from Lukeb27's thread than yours, to be honest.

oh, this thread made my day :D, lol, anyway though, at op, ..., WHY?!?!??!, why would you even try posting, when lukeb28 obviously has a much better tutorial then you :/

Cause he wants to be a cool guy ;)

Really though, I'm flabbergasted as to why my guide would have to be replaced by, well I don't know what to call it. A knockoff?

Anyways, @OP: if you want to be the guy to help others with a guide, make the guide for something useful that everyone wants, and no one knows about. At the time of my guide, there were at least 7 popular guide posts but all of them craps. I went In to make a definitive guide that was nearly impossible to mess up. There is the odd guy who has an issue but it's normally chalked up to miss interpreting or failing to read a part.

I was lucky. Right guide, right information, right time. Right now I don't look and see a need for anything in the community. But once there is demand for something, you need to pounce on it to seize the opportunity. When that time comes, make sure it is what the players want and not some quickly made knockoff guide.

-In reply to lukeb28's 2nd comment on this page

why i posted this is because for the people who dont have technic accounts. i did this myself and it works AND is much simpler than your guide. (No offense intended) Also i have not been able to create a website account. if you want to know why, read my other post.(I Cant Create Technic Account!) I was able to make a forums account, but I cant get an account for the main website on technic (technicpack.net)And this is not meant to be a replacement or ripoff for any guide whatsoever, but its just another way.

-In reply to lukeb28's 2nd comment on this page

why i posted this is because for the people who dont have technic accounts. i did this myself and it works AND is much simpler than your guide. (No offense intended) Also i have not been able to create a website account. if you want to know why, read my other post.(I Cant Create Technic Account!) I was able to make a forums account, but I cant get an account for the main website on technic (technicpack.net)And this is not meant to be a replacement or ripoff for any guide whatsoever, but its just another way.

you should shut your mouth

You should shut your mouth too

*Speechless*