BC and TE incompatibility

CharlieChop

as the title says is, apparently there are 3 of reasons NOT to bother using BC pipes as cool as they look.

new pipe system has 1024 MJ/t pipes? cool!!! its useless. no pipe in the system is capable of even extrating that much power. you need 4 wooden pipes for each REC. it kills aesthetics.

new BC pipes Do NOT connect to Redstone energy conduits. which makes em useless if you try to bypass the need for the crappy wooden pipes.

Edit: just found another reason.... if you try to use 4 wooden pipes to extract the power the battery just keeps draining no matter what.

come on guys! i love bc pipes and ive been looking forward to the new pipe system, only to be useless or impractical to use. XS can i expect a fix anytime in the future for this? is this a real issue or im just being a retard?

• Discord Moderator

Also keep in mind that the new version of BC added machine "maintenance" to compensate for the more robust (non exploding) conductive pipes. For instance, BC Lasers will always drain a bit of power even when they aren't doing any work (this happens with conduits and pipes both). Thankfully this is fairly easy to design around to prevent them from draining the RECell they are connected to.

Also keep in mind that the new version of BC added machine "maintenance" to compensate for the more robust (non exploding) conductive pipes. For instance, BC Lasers will always drain a bit of power even when they aren't doing any work (this happens with conduits and pipes both). Thankfully this is fairly easy to design around to prevent them from draining the RECell they are connected to.

Damn. thats good to know. my BC lasers are plugged into the mainline wihtout on or off switches.

44 BioFuel Generators says BC pipes do work. :)

I have one wooden on each and connect them to a singel Phased conductive pipe and it seems not that I have bottlenecked that Phased pipe. The only problem I can see are that I must build a loop to even get any power out from anykind of machines. Dont know why.

This setup (not necessary 44 generators) absolete the need of any battery since I just hook up a Phased conductive pipe with the same frequency whereever I need power.

http://imgur.com/a/2k1I8

Another thing that beats Redstone EC are that you can add gates, pipewire and facades on BC pipes. So for I have just found one thing where liquiduct beats BC are when connected between sewers and composters. If you use liquiducts there you can add more composters that have 100% workrate then if you use BC pipes.

Back in 1.0.6 i used conductive pipes, but sometimes the pipes bugged, and stopped letting power through, had to reset them to get it working again, i had the chuncks loaded fine and only conductive pipes had a problem, ever since i used conduits for power.

yea the conductive pipes in BC are somewhat bugged. to unbug them you have to blockupdate them (i.e. place something next to the line or something)

All powertransfer use conduits only, for 1 reason, no energy loss. The rest BC is nice at, but power they suck.

Also, this idnt true. redstone conduits have a flat 5% loss, regardless of distance traveled, whereas golden conductive pipes have WAY less loss over short distances. similarily, energy tesseracts have 25% loss

yea the conductive pipes in BC are somewhat bugged. to unbug them you have to blockupdate them (i.e. place something next to the line or something)

Also, this idnt true. redstone conduits have a flat 5% loss, regardless of distance traveled, whereas golden conductive pipes have WAY less loss over short distances. similarily, energy tesseracts have 25% loss

As of 1.1.8 Conduits have 0% loss and tesseracts have 20% loss. TE Changelog here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57416963/Minecraft/Mods/ThermalExpansion/changelog.txt

I remember that i found the loss stuff and max energi transfer in a config file, but cant seem to find it again. U know if it was taken out?

It was taken out of the thermalexpansion.cfg in the 1.1.8 build so it now defaults to KL's settings

KLs settings? Anything i can change or find ?

KL = KingLemming, the author of TE.

I haven't tried setting them to anything other than the defaults, but you could try adding these lines in the "tweak" section of thermalexpansion.cfg.

I:EnergyFramework.Redstone.Loss=5

I:Tesseract.Energy.Loss=25

I:Tesseract.Energy.MaxTransfer=100

• Discord Moderator

Or one could make the energy loss 5% to match the loss through Phased pipes. It is my understanding that the server resources necessary to manage BC pipes vs. RS Energy Conduits drastically favors the conduits. IMO, 25% (which is now 20% by default) is ludicrously high.