Atomic Science Fuel Life Config?

LostInTheWired

On another note, seems that there are differences with the laser foci here:

Tekkit wiki: http://wiki.technicpack.net/Laser_Focus

FTB wiki: http://ftbwiki.org/Laser_Drill

According to the FTB wiki, there is a focus for tin? It says light gray, but the tekkit wiki says light gray is Coal/Redstone

ne

Not sure where the FTB info comes from, but I believe the Tekkit wiki is based on testing, so results could be just statistically off. I couldn't find an official source that documents details.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the last few weeks ive been working on a complete overhaul of my power system.

i have biofuel, combustión, magmatic and Atomic science reactors. and of all of those combustión engines turned out to be the ones that required the least maintainance.

my farms died because the chunks unloaded, lava created lagg and atomic science requires me to keep an eye on it to avoid lossing retarded amounts of power.....

onr bucket of fuel gives energy 1:30 Hours. nuff said.

Interesting. I've never bothered with Sterling Engines or Combustion Engines because they can explode, and i've heard they bug out and act like they aren't cooled when they are full of water? You haven't had any issues with them then?

Interesting. I've never bothered with Sterling Engines or Combustion Engines because they can explode, and i've heard they bug out and act like they aren't cooled when they are full of water? You haven't had any issues with them then?

My understanding is that the combustion troubles tend to be caused when you have the engine and water supply in different chunks and one of the chunks doesn't load. As long as you're careful to keep them all loaded they're great.

My understanding is that the combustion troubles tend to be caused when you have the engine and water supply in different chunks and one of the chunks doesn't load. As long as you're careful to keep them all loaded they're great.

this.

when I made my 2 engine towers (208 engines iirc) the first thing I nade sure was that the water supply was on the same chunk. since all thoseengines require a ton of aqueus accumulators I couldnt so u had to make sure that if I ran those enginws I had to have a 3x3 chunk loader. and no, no problems.. I once forgot to turn them off and when I came back a couple days later they werw perfect and I still had tons of fuel left.

biofuel? atomic power? screw that. im staying with fossil fuel for a while.

extra: combustion engines are so efficient that to empty them I had to play for 2 days before they were empty. and I still had the second tower with fuel.

Edit: Do not bother with sterling engines.... those are the ones that explode the most. just skip to steam....more reliable, powerfull and easy to use. one aqueous accumulator should feed like 5 or 6 of those.

ive seen dartcraft.... and i kinda feel like its borderline OP....

not just the engines....the force wrench.... the wands... the armor gives you flight mode quite easily...etc...

just to give you an idea.... the force wrench does something that only can be rivaled with autospawners and the porta spawner and these are mid to late game stuff. the wrench is dirt cheap. not to mention that it literally turns any block into items and it keeps anything withing them....

i mean i love dart craft, never used it but it looks fun on the lets plays.... but i would hate myself for using it.

I finally figured out a method to use just AE to keep my fusion plant powered without generating unnecessary cells. I set up an export bus with an emitter next to the chemical extractor and told it to move single item/craft empty cells when it receives a pulse. I then set the emitter to broadcast if the filled cell count drops to 0. Then the export bus on the reactor is set to ship cells when the emitter there detects less than 2 filled cells. This way the extractor's processing time helps space out the number of cells I make so it's not just constantly feeding the damn thing.

I guess I'll still be the one standing up for AS and fusion generators. With the system of capturing steam that my power plant uses power is steady and constant as my fusion reactor turns itself back on before all the steam is exhausted from the system. I will be writing up some info on it in the near future for those who are curious.

Oh one more little tidbit that helped me immensely with the fuel loading design, AE Export buses CAN export into a Buildcraft transport pipe. One gold transport pipe feeding directly into the top of the fusion reactor block with an AE Export bus pointing at the other end of it. It gives you much more freedom to place the mechanics of sending fuel down the pipe.

Actually you get flight about the same time you would if you focused power suits really, in terms of time invested, you can do it with lower resources but depending on how fast you find diamonds the power suit is faster, in many ways the powersuits are better as well, better protection and stuff but I understand that it is kinda OP but meh its also really fun, the wrench is awesome but i would never trust it on a pub server, to easy to break stuff. And compared to autospawners, vanilla spawners are terrible, like really really pain in the ass. yeah the unlimited recursive chests are OP but also hilarious.

Phazon, we pretty much covered that in the three pages preceding this.

I just watched it and I have to say steam funneling is still wildly more efficient. I'm using the diamond shaped pattern he talked about earlier in the video and I have 80 large turbines (720 small) still not able to chew through the steam output. I may need to add a third level to my pocket dimension heh.

i eliminated the need for long lines of liquiducts by doing this: http://imgur.com/a/HvcTv#0

its a small variation of the mass liquid storage some guys uploaded, gildan helped me do it and it turned out quite usefull.

regarding input and output: i can keep 200 ish combustion engines powered no problem, no shortage of fuel. i can also power 250 ish bio-fuel engines so the output of fuel is more than enough.

Edit: you can hold 12200 ish buckets.

I'm interested in using a design like this for my liquids. Could you elaborate a little on how you set those up Charlie?

first credit where credit is due, Gildan helped me a bunch to do this in the end my addon to his idea was to use tesseracts.....16 of them.

its quite simple really, how i built it:

first layer is this

http://imgur.com/a/HvcTv#1 (dont worry about the direction of the flow with the tesseracts yet. just mimic that design.)

second layer is empty! it has to be nothing else but blocks with access to the tesseracts or the liquiducts wont be able to input/output properly.

the next X layers should be like this

http://imgur.com/a/HvcTv#2

pay close attention to each liquiduct in this design, all the vertical liquiducts input liquid, while all the horizontal liquiducts extract liquid. this is the base for this setup to work, all liquid managers have at least one input and one output. after that its just setting up each tesseract to the proper config (i imagine send/receive in this case is not important but it never hurts to be sure nothing is going to clog your system. after that all you need is to fill the empty interior corners with redstone blocks or redner cable.

anything specific you want me to explain?

So you guys basically have two liquiduct networks for each tank set then, nice. I'm not used to looking at Sphax so I wasn't sure what everything was except for the liquid manager heh. Are the liquid managers set up in any particular way GUI wise?

So you guys basically have two liquiduct networks for each tank set then, nice. I'm not used to looking at Sphax so I wasn't sure what everything was except for the liquid manager heh. Are the liquid managers set up in any particular way GUI wise?

not at all, unless you count the "all tanks shared" default as setup.

Oil Tank Input

Oil To Refinery

Fuel to tanks

Fuel to engines

Biofuel to tanks

Biofuel to engines

those are the 6 frequencies i have set for those tanks you see in the picture. pretty explanatory XD otherwise you get confused with what each freq is called.

each of those freq conects to a specific liquiduct network, so its 6 freq, 12 liquiduct networks (ins and outs)

second layer is empty! it has to be nothing else but blocks with access to the tesseracts or the liquiducts wont be able to input/output properly.

anything specific you want me to explain?

Yep :D Are you saying you have an empty gap between the layer of tesserects and the first layer of liquid managers? Or that you have a layer of normal blocks between them?

either/or. Can be a gap or normal blocks. It is simply that you can't have The same piece of liquaduct both pumping and outputting. So the gap lats you connect the liquaducts that are pumping to the tesseracts using a set of liquaducts set to output.

this.

youll notice if you start building it.

First of all, thanks for all the real helpfull tips in this thread.

For my plant I made and incredible easy on/off switch with redstone.

For the I use a thermomete a redstone waterprooft pipe and a redstone "and" circuit. The output of this I lead to the energy tesseract.

When the temperature hits the determined level (set at the thermometer), it gives off a redstone signal, and because there's steam in the redstone pipe it also give off a signal, now the and switch works and it gives of a signal to the energy tesseract, disabling it.

Now disabled, temperature gets lower and you lose the signal from the thermometer. That's why I also connected the output of the and switch back to the input of the thermometer.

Temperature will go to 0 but because you still have steam running through the redstone waterproof pipe, the and switch is still on. (20 minutes later) steam runs out, redstone waterproof pipe stops giving a signal and "and" switch will not give a signal anymore and the tesseract will become active again, starting the whole process over.

You have to fiddle a bit with the temperature on the battery, but for where I placed it, it was at 1600 degrees, then when it turned on it used about 6 deuterium cells which kept my plant running for a good 20 minutes, so 18 deuterium/hour which I think is pretty good.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/opwx5hcsej31uoq/2013-09-25_19.39.58.png