Biofuel Generator Math

Digdug83

• 2 weeks later...

10:1 is a good number to work with, thanks.

I'm thinking of using several of my quarry world's holes to make 25x25 farms to both supply reactors and for use in other projects. Anyone know if they can produce fast enough without fertilizer to be useful in reactors and if so how many? I'll probably build the farms regardless but the extra power might be nice to use in a bunch of laser drills. I was thinking 100 generators fed by 10 reactors would be enough to break even powering 4 laser drills since they consume 400 MJ/t with 4 prechargers.

i ran a very complex farm. collection cactus green, carrots, potatoes , pumpkins, melons, rubber and oak trees as well as netherwart and cocoa beans. without fertilizer things just dont grow fast enough.... well in my case i was feeding 45 bioreactors.... if youre just going to run 10 you might even just want to use 3*3s. maybe Dew or Gildan can help here, since they are the ones running Bio with those levels or requirements.

I have my simple set up for trees in 1x1's with Fertilizer and I'm running a huge surplus feeding 16 BioReactors, I have 10x10 Pumpkin and Melon farms with huge surplus no fertilizer. Potatoes huge surplus on a 20x20 with 2 sections of the planter being used for Wheat, and a 20x20 wheat farm. Wheat seed is the only thing I keep running low on.

I have my simple set up for trees in 1x1's with Fertilizer and I'm running a huge surplus feeding 16 BioReactors, I have 10x10 Pumpkin and Melon farms with huge surplus no fertilizer. Potatoes huge surplus on a 20x20 with 2 sections of the planter being used for Wheat, and a 20x20 wheat farm. Wheat seed is the only thing I keep running low on.

Dont use wheat, it has very poor seed ratio. Havent crunched the numbers but what is working good are for me are Oak sapling, Spruce sapling, Rubber sapling, Birch sapling, Potato, Carrot, Pumpkin seed, Melon seed and Cocoa beans. Of these nine Cocoa beans are best and Birch is worse. For now Birch can hang on but Im gonna try and replace it in the future if I find a better one when looking.

i ran a very complex farm. collection cactus green, carrots, potatoes , pumpkins, melons, rubber and oak trees as well as netherwart and cocoa beans. without fertilizer things just dont grow fast enough.... well in my case i was feeding 45 bioreactors.... if youre just going to run 10 you might even just want to use 3*3s. maybe Dew or Gildan can help here, since they are the ones running Bio with those levels or requirements.

Havent tryed netherwart, have to look them up. Hopefully they can replace Birch sapling.

There's some info about Bonemeal also being bio-reactive, so figuring out how to capitalize on that as well would be pretty toasty. Of course, mob essence isn't that easy to capitalize on without breeding and grinding excess animals from cow/pig/sheep fertilizer farms if you went with the Mob Spawner machine.

Yea Birch is horrible, almost unsustainable since it seems to drop saplings other then it's own.

I've thought about moving to coca beans, but really I don't even need the wheat seed anymore, I just keep growing wheat because...even though at this point I have almost 100k wheat...

I can say for sure that cocoa beans and netherwart are extremely efficient. the only saplings that you should consider are oak and rubber. as I always said, rubber is like a virus. grows anywhere and extremely fast without fertilizer. as for wheat.... that thing is the most useless of all the bios you can use.

There's some info about Bonemeal also being bio-reactive, so figuring out how to capitalize on that as well would be pretty toasty. Of course, mob essence isn't that easy to capitalize on without breeding and grinding excess animals from cow/pig/sheep fertilizer farms if you went with the Mob Spawner machine.

This is an easy autospawner setup that pruduces more essence than it uses.

http://imgur.com/a/N2g7V

In the slime pit yo have a big slime and set it to spawn an exact copy of it. One big dies into 2-4 medium that dies into 2-4 small ones so you get 7-21 kills for spawning one big slime. Every kill gives essence. In the other pit you spawn what ever you wanna spawn and in this case skeletons for bones. :)

Yea Birch is horrible, almost unsustainable since it seems to drop saplings other then it's own.

I've thought about moving to coca beans, but really I don't even need the wheat seed anymore, I just keep growing wheat because...even though at this point I have almost 100k wheat...

I have found you have to place saplings except for oak in a checker board pattern, just put cobble in the ground every other block, because when other trees grow they uproot saplings next to them.

I use coca but it is a major pain as I know no way to automatically plant them in this mod pack.

I have found you have to place saplings except for oak in a checker board pattern, just put cobble in the ground every other block, because when other trees grow they uproot saplings next to them.

I use coca but it is a major pain as I know no way to automatically plant them in this mod pack.

Birch has a bad sapling ratio so even when you place them like a chessboard they still produces less saplings then other trees.

planters plant cocoa beans.... just place rows of jungle wood 1 high in the region you tell the planter to plant cocoa

hmm I could not get it to work. I think perhaps I had my jungle wood one block too high or too low. Will experiment. Thanks for the information.

make sure there is space between each wood block for the cocoa bean to be planted!!! the edges need one block, and 2 blocks between each line of wood.

edit: the wood has to be INSIDE the plant area otherwise it wont plant.

I did learn how to plant Cocoa (after a LONG while). Setup your standard 3x3 dirt plot with a planter underneath, full of cocao, and your fertalizer. Instead of a harvester, add a fruit picker, and in the middle of the 3x3, add 2 or 3 jungle logs, and the planter will plant the cocoa on the jungle tree, and the fruit picker will pick it. I'd post a picture, but my last world got corrupted :(

EDIT: ACK! They beat me to it this time! :p