Whats a cheap self sustaining way to power a fisher?

Catts

I tried to use redstone engines to power a fisher but whether its directly on the fisher or into a pipe, the engines won't start.

I don't need a lot of fish just an occasional one and I figured redstone would work but it doesn't.

I obviously don't want to bother with tesseracts or a long pipe system to power the fisher.

I would normally in tekkit lite use a solar panel... is there any way for generating low power that I never have to check on?

Or just set up a steam engine + aqudeous whatever TE machine right under it, attach a pipe to it from your base, and remotely send it a couple coal whenever you want to restock. Bonus: Find a way to use the pipe to send back the fish. :D

Ive stopped using pumps, energy production too high, making oil with fab, (also since not using oil much), only other liquids that need pumping is lava, and the Enderthermic pump from extra utilities (which I highly reccomend for anyone not on a server or small server) is amazing, it self chunkloads, pumps faster, pumps a larger area, and replaces lava with stone so it doesn't create lag. Disclaimer (unless you config it to work differently it ONLY works in the nether, no mystcraft usage).

Ive stopped using pumps, energy production too high, making oil with fab, (also since not using oil much), only other liquids that need pumping is lava, and the Enderthermic pump from extra utilities (which I highly reccomend for anyone not on a server or small server) is amazing, it self chunkloads, pumps faster, pumps a larger area, and replaces lava with stone so it doesn't create lag. Disclaimer (unless you config it to work differently it ONLY works in the nether, no mystcraft usage).

thats in the newest FTB mod pack isnt it?

its also posible to do the same just removing the attached to source block for nether lava.

thats in the newest FTB mod pack isnt it?

its also posible to do the same just removing the attached to source block for nether lava.

Yes, it's also in the platform pack I use and that's how I get my power. (Until I get a self-sustaining biofuel setup, which I'm waiting on being rich for, which I'm waiting on a chunkloader to be added to the pack so my engines will run at my base to power my quarry via tesseracts.)

Yes, it's also in the platform pack I use and that's how I get my power. (Until I get a self-sustaining biofuel setup, which I'm waiting on being rich for, which I'm waiting on a chunkloader to be added to the pack so my engines will run at my base to power my quarry via tesseracts.)

by your comment i imagine you have no other form of chunk loaders.... if you really want you could use the pumps as chunk loaders....or the quarries..... xD

by your comment i imagine you have no other form of chunk loaders.... if you really want you could use the pumps as chunk loaders....or the quarries..... xD

No DimAnchors, not ChickenChunks, nothing. A severe oversight by the modpacker. I've been promised some but there have been technical issues with the server. I think the pump only works in the nether, and I can't afford another quarry.

how about making a substation on the nether near a pump.....

you build a tank system in the nether, a small one. and use that as the receiving point of the pump youre gonna place in the overworld. once its full return to your base and get that liquid back to the overworld in your base...

its a little work, but it shoould be enough to allow you to get liquids or items cheaper.

i will call that technique the Surrogate Teleportation Method.

Well I was just looking for a simple self sustaining method of a low power self sustaining power source... like the windmill, solar panel, water generator or thermopile...

but I've just said forget the fisher and created an automated potato farm.

heh, sorry Catts, seems we got a bit off track here.

once you get your potato farm going, you could always have the extra potatos(the ones you do not use for food) feed into a bioreactor to make biofuel. Then make a single biofuel generator to power the fisher, and your ore refinery.

all you really need for the fisher is a 3x3 area of water that is at least 2 blocks deep. maybe not even that much, but I've had good luck with a setup of that size.

1 fisher, 1 biofuel generator, 1 bioreactor, 1 Deep Storage Unit(DSU), 1 vanilla hopper, and 2 ranchers. Plus some conduit for power and item transport pipes.

Build a 5x5 pool 2deep and place in it atleast one squid, use a jailers safari net to transport it (so it never despawns).

Place the fisher above the pool in the middle. Pipe or other storage away as needed.

On one side of the pool, place a rancher facing in on each level in the middle.

From the ranchers go to the DSU.

Under the DSU put the hopper.

Under the hopper put the bioreactor.

Next to the bioreactor put the biofuel generator.

Conduit from the generator to the 2 ranchers and the fisher.

Ranchers get ink sacs from the squid, DSU and hopper act as a buffer (so the output never spills out), bioreactor turns ink sacs into biofuel for the generator, generator powers ranchers with ample to spare for the fisher.

1 fisher, 1 biofuel generator, 1 bioreactor, 1 Deep Storage Unit(DSU), 1 vanilla hopper, and 2 ranchers. Plus some conduit for power and item transport pipes.

Build a 5x5 pool 2deep and place in it atleast one squid, use a jailers safari net to transport it (so it never despawns).

Place the fisher above the pool in the middle. Pipe or other storage away as needed.

On one side of the pool, place a rancher facing in on each level in the middle.

From the ranchers go to the DSU.

Under the DSU put the hopper.

Under the hopper put the bioreactor.

Next to the bioreactor put the biofuel generator.

Conduit from the generator to the 2 ranchers and the fisher.

Ranchers get ink sacs from the squid, DSU and hopper act as a buffer (so the output never spills out), bioreactor turns ink sacs into biofuel for the generator, generator powers ranchers with ample to spare for the fisher.

OMG. ink works as fuel for bioreactors?!? im going to place thousands of those pools xD

1 pool + 1 squid = infinite fuel from 4 bioreactors. Eventually. Squids are pretty much broken OP for making biofuel. You get more production from them then you do from any other source, except for fertilizing mushrooms planted on Mycilium. That's just as easy to over produce, though requires a lot more infrastructure to make it work.

No kidding. I had one squid and one rancher and I now have more ink sacs than any two other blocks in my storage area, including cobble and dirt from my quarries. Last I looked it was up to about 500K. The cool thing is that thanks to minium stones I can now make pretty much any dye color I want since you can use any dye to make any other dye if you play the conversion game long enough.

No kidding. I had one squid and one rancher and I now have more ink sacs than any two other blocks in my storage area, including cobble and dirt from my quarries. Last I looked it was up to about 500K. The cool thing is that thanks to minium stones I can now make pretty much any dye color I want since you can use any dye to make any other dye if you play the conversion game long enough.

and its not like minium shards are hard to get..... grab a Warhammer.... charge it in the middle of a mob spawner room... BAM! 50 mobs down with one hit.

edit:

you can do this by placing the mob spawner a couple blocks above in the roof to allow mobs to leave the area the spawner needs to make more mobs. just not high enough to kill em from the fall xD (slimes work the best with each split counting as a new mob)

you can also make a tree farm that converts wood into charcoal, which it can burn to power the farm and your fishery. It's not super simple, but as with the biofuel, it will work.

THIS.

i did the exact same thing to keep my Steve's Carts Farms running 24/7. you have no idea how much coal those things use.