No Sprint Key?!

Davey336

I've been using an xbox 360 controller to play MC, and I LOVE the Technic Launcher, but none of the games have a way fro me to bind a specific key to sprint. I have to double tap forward. I really like being able to bind the left trigger to sprint. Is there really no way to do that? I've carfully scrolled through the controls and there is no sprint :( am I missing something or am I stuck with double tapping to run? I don't understand why this wound be taken out o.O

• Moderators

I'm not sure if i'm misunderstanding, but double tapping forward and holding forward down on the second tap causes sprinting as far back as I can remember.

If I remember correctly the sprint feature was added in version 1.0.0.0, the actual "full release" of MC. I don't think we had sprint or any kind of running in beta versions, or does my memory fail me?

i am more intrigued by how the OP is playing with a controller. I have one myself, but have never been inclined to try it for MC.

Oh man, I read that as "I've been using an xbox 360 to play minecraft" And completely rejected the whole "Controller" Aspect.

That is a good question of why, I think its difficult to imagine many things being much better than a mouse when it comes to say, quickly building, mining precisely, or making sure you hit the right mob in a group, ect.

Oh man, I read that as "I've been using an xbox 360 to play minecraft" And completely rejected the whole "Controller" Aspect.

That is a good question of why, I think its difficult to imagine many things being much better than a mouse when it comes to say, quickly building, mining precisely, or making sure you hit the right mob in a group, ect.

Accuracy will always be a problem, but I also think sorting one's inventory would be a huge pain with a controller. Also, modded Minecraft without half a billion buttons to bind things to?