Common Problems & Solutions Thread

DragonRX

I'm having the same problem too, I press play to update to 1.0.9, it loads, opens it for only a few seconds then, it closes it and the launcher looks like nothing's happened!

Please help, I want to meet my friends on the server I play on, I've tried about 6 times!

Edited by TwiLord

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I update the modpack and go to the game, it kicks me out. I can't play at all, what should I do?

I'm having the same problem I have tried 1.0.9c and 1.0.9b but neither work for me it just takes me to the launcher then I hit "PLAY" and then it seems like it's fine but then it quits out of it and returns me to the launcher.

Please Help me I really want to play :pray:  :f5:

I'm having the same problem too, I press play to update to 1.0.9, it loads, opens it for only a few seconds then, it closes it and the launcher looks like nothing's happened!

Please help, I want to meet my friends on the server I play on, I've tried about 6 times!

Bros, Project Red is messing it up. The author is being consulted

So mine will not find my last saved world.  I thought I had lost everything.   I then sorted through files and noticed the saves were not where I thought they were. Found the correct folder and my old map and one I just created were there. Help!!

After the 1.0.9c update I can not join one of my servers. It says "Internal Server Error" I tried to delete my .technic and removed the launcher, completely reinstalled it. But still does not work. PLZ help I am pretty good on that server, I just build my space station! D:

Temporary Fix:  If you do not have a lot of crazy redstone set up yet, you can simply remove the ProjectRed mods from the pack, they will not redownload unless you update again. 

Files located in technic/modpacks/attack-of-the-bteam/mods

There are six ProjectRed mods, look for anything starting with projectred.... anyway, its a temp fix to get you through.  Peace.

Anyone else having troubles with LAN worlds with the new update? Since 1.0.9, my sister hasn't been able to join my LAN worlds and this is continuing in 1.0.9c. The thing is, I can join her LAN'd worlds, but she can't join mine. I don't mind playing a different world, but my computer has a lot more power and we lag a lot on her LAN world.

And for anyone having the issue where your launcher closes then opens up again while launching AotBT, make sure you instal Java 7. ProjectRed stop supporting Java 6 and is most likely the issue behind it.

One other thing, does anyone know how to use the Morph Mod favourite thing on a Mac?

Edited by Zedethe

Temporary Fix:  If you do not have a lot of crazy redstone set up yet, you can simply remove the ProjectRed mods from the pack, they will not redownload unless you update again. 

Files located in technic/modpacks/attack-of-the-bteam/mods

There are six ProjectRed mods, look for anything starting with projectred.... anyway, its a temp fix to get you through.  Peace.

hate to be a pain, but are there any updates on this? thanks!

Make certain Java is updated to within at least a couple years of now (Java 7 :D), and that should fix projectred issues.

Some people have an older MacOS which doesn't support Java 7, some people are having problems with multiple versions being installed, but at the end of the day every issue I've seen with PR so far has been simply that it's not using Java 7 (for whatever reason) and it needs to.  Deleting it is a very temporary fix, as more mods are likely to take this angle as time goes on.

Im having some of the same problems and wondering if it were to be fixed yet, mainly the opening, loading and return to menu glitch/bug.... so is it fixed?

Are you running Java 1.7?  If so yes, if not no (it doesn't work properly with Java 1.6).

has anybody dusscussed the problem with 9.0.c update on this post?

There are lots of discussions here about lots of versions, and some about that specific one :D  What problem did you mean exactly?

For some reason, when I start my game on 1.0.9C, right as the game is about to load and the little fml screen domes up in the bottom right of my screen, my game crashes, but it works fine with 1.0.8... HELP!!!!! I have tried re-downloading the launcher, re-installing the mod pack but nothing worked.

Plz help this is my favorite mod pack and suffering from not being able to open the modpack after installing the update this is a problem I have tried about everything I can think of and still nothing so It would be much appreciated if you could help thank you

-Swifter1654

Uh..  hmm.  Uhm.?

Please post the crash log up on the bug tracker and we'll do what we can to help you.

(I can't think of another way to say that that's any clearer, there's even links in my sig if you need help to get any of that stuff)

Edit: I'm assuming you've made sure Java 6 is uninstalled and Java 7 is installed, if you haven't done that based on this thread then do that first.

Edited by Loader

This thread REALLY needs to be updated or unpinned. all bugs in OP are now fixed in current versions and are now irrelevant unless the user is using an outdated pack. This thread has just become a place for the newbs to mass bug report with the same exact issues as those above them without actually reading anything.

Ive got a problem with atb where when i click play it starts to load then the launcher crashes and it says Error: could not create java virtual machine does anyone have a fix for this? much apperciated

P.S i just tried installing this pack today and i already installed java 1.7

Edited by Puredarkness1