Voltz Beta 3.0.0 going live soon-ish.

Skuli

The Voltz v3.0.0 beta (for MInecraft 1.6.4) will be going live today.

Be aware that this is a DESTRUCTIVE upgrade to existing worlds; please back up your save files before upgrading, as there is likely to be severe and widespread damage to your 2.0 worlds!

Mekanism, Rei's Minimap, and Immibis Microblocks are removed from this version.

Project Red, Mad Science, Rotarycraft, Open Computers, Zan's Minimap, and Resonant Induction are new this version.

Server is available at: http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/voltz/Voltz_Server_v3.0.0.zip

To try this beta version, select the small gear icon under the Voltz image on your launcher.

NeBLJfY.png?1

And select either "Always use latest builds" or "Manually select a build", and choose build 3.0.0.  Hit "Save" and enjoy the update.

qYrAaDg.png

Do you have any suggestions regarding transferring some content to the new version? How different are item IDs for mods that exist in both version?

My players are really concerned about losing all their items in a transfer! (I am planning to copy some chests over)

Just a few quick things that I hope you guys will fix. I run a Voltz server and would like to see it working again. I can't even get into Voltz, it gets as far as the Mojang logo and then crashes. I noticed that a few people had this issue too. Also, I would like to see Mekanism put back in. We have relied on its simplicity and ease of use as well as its machines for a while now. I don't know what ill do without my early game solar panels and enrichment chambers, but it'll be much harder. I hope these issues will be resolved, and I hope to see it up and running soon. Thanks!   

TNTisreallycool

While rotarycraft in on itself is a very cool mod, it lacks the functionality of mekanism. Rotarycraft simply does not work with voltz- it's power system is incompatible, has no means of storing energy, and cannot be powered by voltz machines. It is now next to impossible to run any kind of machine except those from rotarycraft. Mekanism was built off of voltz and therefore has more functionality. It allows for steel and bronze production, charging power armor, and storing compatible energy for atomic science, ICBM, etc. Rotarycraft simply does not supply the necessity do do well in voltz. Please readd mekanism.

P.s. I did extensive testing of mekansim and it appears rather stable, not to mention the long lasting dup glitch is now fixed. Unless it is a mod pack perms thing, please readd mekanism.

P.s.s. For those crashing remove mad science from the mods folder. Worked for me.

Edited by ImCoolYeah105

While rotarycraft in on itself is a very cool mod, it lacks the functionality of mekanism. Rotarycraft simply does not work with voltz- it's power system is incompatible, has no means of storing energy, and cannot be powered by voltz machines. It is now next to impossible to run any kind of machine except those from rotarycraft. Mekanism was built off of voltz and therefore has more functionality. It allows for steel and bronze production, charging power armor, and storing compatible energy for atomic science, ICBM, etc. Rotarycraft simply does not supply the necessity do do well in voltz. Please readd mekanism.

P.s. I did extensive testing of mekansim and it appears rather stable, not to mention the long lasting dup glitch is now fixed. Unless it is a mod pack perms thing, please readd mekanism.

P.s.s. For those crashing remove mad science from the mods folder. Worked for me.

I completely agree. And thanks for the tip about mad science, you're a life saver ;)

Edited by EagleHawkman