Extra Utilities Drum

00Ducky

You can use the liquids managers. They have four separate tanks (all connected by default, can be changed in the GUI), offering 128 buckets of storage. Not really much, but you can connect them pretty easily with fluiducts, still better than a huge pillar of BC Tanks, and cheaper than TE's portable tanks.

• 5 weeks later...

not many mods offer it.  drums are disabled by default because they are mind-blowingly good for their cost.  you're free to enable them in the configs if you want though, nothing's wrong with that.

Can I ask which other config file other than ExtraUtilities.cfg I have to add the ID choosen in ? 

Apparently, none. It seems that in 1.2.9, the Drum is enabled and working fine. I have been filling a few today, they work with Fluiducts and also if plonked right on top of a Buildcraft Pump. Try putting a stack of eight full Reinforced Portable Tanks on top of one (no Fluiduct, they just slow it down), set the bottom tank to output and weep as 256 buckets of liquid rush into a single container.

1.2.9 isn't the recommended build though ... So my question remains for 1.2.8e , and in general : How to activate an item that the ID is equal to 0 in a config ?

Give it a usable id (so larger than 0 and not already used) ;)

Something close to the other ids used in the config

Just put a random ID, e.g. between 2000 and 4000. If it's already taken, u'll get an error message when starting the game pointing u to a file saying exactly what IDs are free.

Edited by viesiu

BTW, you can use NEI to dump a list of free IDs.

NEI -> Options -> Tools -> Data Dumps -> Blocks/Items (set to Free) -> dump

This will create a file called items.csv in 

<technic>(default is %appdata%.technic)tekkitmaindumps

so, by default, that will be %appdata%.technictekkitmaindumpsitems.csv

Then, pick any ID on the list, and you should be fine.