Error when starting server (V1.0.9C) PLEASE HELP!

Try updating to the newest version of Java.

Appears that you are running a unsupported version of java.

2014-03-08 15:10:38 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: mrtjp/projectred/compatibility/CompatibilityCorePlugin : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

I think updating Java is a red herring.  It may be a part of the problem but is not the total solution. I  suspect it has something to do with the way they are checking for versions. Perhaps some Java implementations are not giving them the data in the format they expect.  This error has been reported in several places for Windows, Linux and Mac OS even after people have updated to the latest Java.  I updated Java and reset the pack to no avail.

I did see a bug report had been filed.  Right now the two computers I updated are dead in the water for the time being unless there is a way to download the prior version.  Interestingly Hexxit runs fine and ChickenCore is in that pack too.  If it is any comfort there are a bunch of us experiencing the same problem so hopefully there will be a solution soon. I wish I had one for you and if I figure it out will post a followup.

When you run OSX Snow Leopard, updating Java to 1.7 is not straightforward. It isn't supported, so it would have to be hacked in. I'm not interested in doing all that to run a modded version of a game, especially without the mod developers giving me a valid reason.

itripped, that's up to you, man - the reason is probably that Java 8 is about to come out so supporting Java 6 (when Oracle themselves stopped supporting it couple years ago) probably doesn't make much sense anymore, it's more work.  Java 7 contains a bunch of new features that make things easier for a programmer (http://marxsoftware.blogspot.co.nz/2011/03/jdk-7-new-interfaces-classes-enums-and.html).

drye, that only works if you're on a version of MacOS newer than Snow Leopard - Lion is the earliest which will officially support Java 7.

For me I solved this on OSx both client and server by installing the JDK, the JRE wasn't sufficient because it doesn't update the java -version symlinks which many devs use when testing versions.  Anyway, pick your OS here, download, install and you will be up and running: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html

it doesn't work... i have java 7, and a lion mac, maybe i don't know how to open it correctly? tell me how...

OK, can you please post your launcher log for this up on the tracker and we'll take a look at it, see what's stopping it from running.

Or.. do you mean it's not letting you install JDK 7?  Should just be a doubleclick and follow the instructions.