Tekkit 1.2.8c BETA update going live.

Skuli

A beta for Tekkit 1.2.8c will be live shortly.

Server is available here.

This includes the following updated mods:

Galacticraft 2.0.11.978

Atomic Science 1.2.0.63

Big Reactors 0.3.0A

CalcaviaCore 1.2.0.299

CodeChickencore 0.9.0.9

ChickenChunks 1.3.3.4

NEI 1.6.1.9

EnderStorage 1.4.3.6

WirelessRedstone 1.4.0.7

Dimensional Doors 2.2.2RC1-311

MFFS 3.6.2.56

Project Red 4.3.2.26

OpenMods Lib 0.3

OpenPeripherals 0.3.2

OpenPeripheralAddons 0.1.2

Minefactory Reloaded 2.7.6

Some of the bugs fixed include (but are NOT LIMITED TO):

Fixes for Galacticraft RF energy bugs

Fixes for non-placeable thermometers

Fixes for MFR fluid interactions

/help and other command errors

Crashes with Extra Utilities item transfer nodes and forge multipart microblocks

Big Reactors has had a LARGE update for this build, including turbines and TE-compatible steam output.

oh, sweet!  can't wait too see how the big reactors work with steam dynamos or steam turbines from mfr.  should make for some interesting looking builds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a work in progress list of files too change in order to remove crash problems in Tekkit 1.2.8.  I'll update it when new problems are found/fixed.

1: Atomic Science = current version or 1.1.0.56 (slight improvement in performance with newer version)

2: Calclavia core --> 1.1.1.287 (removes a crash to desktop issue with turbines sending power)

3: MFFS --> 3.6.2.51 (removes a crash to desktop problem with right-click on force field generator)

Edited by jakalth

Ok, Atomic Science "Reactor Turbines" cause a crash due too ticking entity.  In Tekkit 1.2.8

Place the turbine in the world: Nothing happens.

Place the turbine on top of a fluiduct: Nothing happens.

Place the turbine on top of water: Nothing happens.

Try pipeing steam into the turbine, or start heating the water using a reactor: Instant crash too desktop due to listed bug:

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.PacketDispatcher.sendPacketToAllPlayers(PacketDispatcher.java:80)
at calclavia.lib.network.PacketAnnotation.sync(PacketAnnotation.java:126)
at calclavia.lib.prefab.turbine.TileTurbine.sendPowerUpdate(TileTurbine.java:176)
at calclavia.lib.prefab.turbine.TileTurbine.func_70316_g(TileTurbine.java:122)
at atomicscience.process.turbine.TileElectricTurbine.func_70316_g(TileElectricTurbine.java:24)

Updating the calclavia core does not change this problem.  Redownloading the atomic science mod does not change the problem.  Did not try the earlier version of atomic science(v1.1.0.53) due to the known bug in that version.  But might try it anyways.

:Update:  changing the atomic science core has no effect.  But, I did find that downgrading the calclavia core fixes the problem right up.  I had to go all the way back too version 1.1.1.200 before I could get it to work without crashing...  I skipped over a few newer versions, but the crash problem seems to start at version 1.1.1.211 and onward.

Edited by jakalth

Quick fixes for atomic science. 

Update the mod too the latest version: 1.1.0.56.  turbines behave a little better, plasma generation is a little more consistent once you replace your reactor core.  and the mod is a bit more stable.

Update Calclavia core to a newer version, like 1.1.1.287.  the crash bug has been fixed along with a few other tweeks that seem to make the game run a tiny bit smoother.

Update Universal electric core.  optional, but why not.

I mentioned this in the 127 beta before:

What about the large backpack hotkey "B"? Is there a way to make it work or is it just for non use in the control list?

Thanks.

I believe if you hit shift+B it brings up the screen to place the backpack into a slot. After you place the backpack you can access it by just pressing B.

confirmed what RenX99 stated.  Right click on forcefield projector = crash too desktop. 

Also can confirm the crash is tied to the calclavia library files(calclavia core), but might be the mffs core calling a defunked code.  I'll check mffs and find out where the source of the issue really is.

Edit: Updating MFFS core to version 3.6.2.51 fixes the problem.

Note: 3.6.2.55 crashes strait to desktop without even letting the game load...  Do Not Use.

Edited by jakalth

Could you also check if extracells can be included as it makes it possible to store and route fluid via the ME system ?

atm I am using ExtraCells 1.6.7d on my server (seems stable) and in the config I changed the ME Item Dropper block ID to 1760 to fix a duplicate item error.

Tekkit 1.2.8b

atomic science turbines causing crash too desktop = fixed.

mffs force field projector, right-click crashes too desktop = fixed.

New issue though: atomic science thermometer can not be placed in the world.  Without the thermometer, there is no way to control fission reactors.  So, once again, atomic science is broken... surprise surprise...

Tekkit 1.2.8b

atomic science turbines causing crash too desktop = fixed.

mffs force field projector, right-click crashes too desktop = fixed.

New issue though: atomic science thermometer can not be placed in the world.  Without the thermometer, there is no way to control fission reactors.  So, once again, atomic science is broken... surprise surprise...

Oh goody.  Let me see what's up with that.  SMP or SSP?

Single player.  creative.  the not placing issue was a bug in release 62.  there is a fix for it in release 63 making the thermometer place able again.  but now the fission core it's self does not work.  I'll keep trying and see if I can find the reason for this now...  :sweatdrop:

On a side not.  Fusion reactor setups are working just fine.  They have been plugging along without any serious issues since the release of 1.2.8b

Ok, update on fission reactor issue.  Found the solution here.  You have to remove any and all fission cores from your map, save the game, completely exit minecraft, then restart minecraft and load the map.  Now when you place the fission cores back into place, they should work again.  They also work quite a bit differently.  a single core will heat up to 12 water blocks in a diamond shape, but the turbines will only run at half speed.  if you stack your fission cores on top of each other, they combine into a stronger core.  You need water that is as deep as the stack of cores.  how the cores heat water is a bit interesting as well. 

Edited by jakalth

Single player.  creative.  the not placing issue was a bug in release 62.  there is a fix for it in release 63 making the thermometer place able again.  but now the fission core it's self does not work.  I'll keep trying and see if I can find the reason for this now...  :sweatdrop:

On a side not.  Fusion reactor setups are working just fine.  They have been plugging along without any serious issues since the release of 1.2.8b

Ok, update on fission reactor issue.  Found the solution here.  You have to remove any and all fission cores from your map, save the game, completely exit minecraft, then restart minecraft and load the map.  Now when you place the fission cores back into place, they should work again.  They also work quite a bit differently.  a single core will heat up to 12 water blocks in a diamond shape, but the turbines will only run at half speed.  if you stack your fission cores on top of each other, they combine into a stronger core.  You need water that is as deep as the stack of cores.  how the cores heat water is a bit interesting as well. 

Yeah, calclavia fixed that bug as soon as I reported it to him, I just didn't have time last night to push out an updated build.

I'll have 1.2.8c today after church.