Archimede's ships causes crash.

shaderider5

No matter how much i try everytime i right-click the helm after placing it, it causes the modpack to crash and when i load it back up and get into the world it sits with a black screen with the crosshair, map, and text, but then crashes again. I was wondering if anyone else is having the issue. Is there a way to fix it? What be causing it? Also with the cause is  there a specific memory setting you need to properly run the ship?

No matter how much i try everytime i right-click the helm after placing it, it causes the modpack to crash and when i load it back up and get into the world it sits with a black screen with the crosshair, map, and text, but then crashes again. I was wondering if anyone else is having the issue. Is there a way to fix it? What be causing it? Also with the cause is  there a specific memory setting you need to properly run the ship?

It'll simply have a block connected to it that is incompatible. It definitely (at least used to be) incompatible with carpenters' blocks

Dang. Thought that the carpenters blocks looked cool on my ship. Any one know how to fix? I've already had to use MCEdit once on this world (furniture mod oven w/ food plus items) and I really don't want to use it again.

Dang. Thought that the carpenters blocks looked cool on my ship. Any one know how to fix? I've already had to use MCEdit once on this world (furniture mod oven w/ food plus items) and I really don't want to use it again.

Hey I got it! I just simply spammed my dismount button (LShift) while it was loading and by the time the worldd loaded i was out of the ship!

Hm that's weird. Half my ship seems to be missing lol. That's okay, the helm is easy to make and stuff. Does anyone know if you can have chests with stuff on them in your ship? I've been trying to make an airship mining vessel to go find some emeralds and stuff.

Yeah, it's awesome! My ship has double chests, furnaces, and beds. I also put dispensers for tnt and fire charges on the bottom. One annoying thing though, if you use stairs or logs on your ship, they won't turn with it when you park. Like a stair facing North will still face North, even if you park facing the West. 

Awesome! Thanks! BTW has anyone gotten much into galaticraft? I want to build my own space station. Any one have estimates on the materials you need? Like how much copper/tin/ other things you need to see if I have enough.

Haven't done Galactic Craft but I did a tutorial on a full auto metal farm that'll get you a good amount of tin, aluminum, copper, iron and gold according to how many oreberry bushes you can get your hands on! Super useful, hope it helps! 

With the ship crash issue, are you using the correct helm for your ship?  There are 2 different helms, one is for a water ship, the other is for an air ship.  Using the water ship helm on an airship can cause issues, and might increase your chances of the mod crashing.

With the ship crash issue, are you using the correct helm for your ship?  There are 2 different helms, one is for a water ship, the other is for an air ship.  Using the water ship helm on an airship can cause issues, and might increase your chances of the mod crashing.

There's only one Helm in this mod pack and it works for both air and sea. The issue is that carpenter's blocks and forge micro blocks aren't supported by Archimedes Ships. 

One annoying thing though, if you use stairs or logs on your ship, they won't turn with it when you park. Like a stair facing North will still face North, even if you park facing the West. 

By default, Archimedes ships doesn't know about anything except the standard (oak, birch and spruce) logs and steps, so those are the only ones that will turn.  Minecraft native stuff should generally be fine as a rule of thumb, and will turn appropriately without any further config file adjustments.

Can anyone find emeralds in the biomes o plenty? I just spent like 1 hour digging through a Shield biome because on the wiki it said it had emeralds but I've had no luck.

Emeralds are super rare, but you can set an autospawner to spawn villagers and use conveyor belts to dump them into your smeltery. It'll give you some emerald and then you can drain it into blocks, or an ingot mold.

Emeralds, underground really, are more common in vanilla extreme hills, and I think it was Jade Cliffs that had decent results as well.  Shield biome has so many different ores going on that it is hard to find what your looking for in that one.  Not that "so many different ores" is a bad thing or anything.

Is there any way to get it to work with carpenter's blocks. Also can someone tell me why you can only adjust the top of the collapsible blocks from carpenter's blocks?

No archimedes ships will  not work with carpenters blocks. Also don't try to put an Enhanced Portal on there, at least not one that's on :P It broke my ship into like 2 pieces so yeah...

It'd be a lot of work, if it's even possible.  If you feel like rewriting carpenters blocks or archimedes ships then contact the authors.  In all likelyhood, this will never work properly, it might be possible to make it break the carpenters block insides every time it moves though if it gets fixed at all it's likely it'll just delete those blocks before compiling the ship (like with microblocks).