【Hexplore-It Modpack 】〖TechnicSolder〗Creates a beautiful and DANGEROUS world that begs to be explored!!! (。◕‿◕。)

mine_my_own_bizz

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update... I finally have TechnicSolder up and running on my account through my web-host.

I'll be working towards switching the 1.6.4 version of Hexplore-It over to be on Solder, followed by an update, and then hopefully resuming work on the 1.7.10 version of the mod pack.

I plan to have Hexplore-It available on the Technic Launcher as well as the Feed the Beast launcher when the time comes for release 1.7.10. I already have the permissions needed about 95% complete.

I will at some point soon be needing some volunteers for possible work on some artwork/logos for the pack. I would LOVE to use player created images if possible.

Modpack Logo
Required Size: 180x110

Modpack Background
Required Size: 880x520

Modpack Icon
Recommended Size: 50x50

Edited by mine_my_own_bizz

I just switched the pack over to run with TechnicSolder. So you will all have to download the modpack again, but from here on out this will allow me to update the modpack much easier. When I release the updates you will only need to download the updated mods/configs now instead of redownloading the entire modpack, WOOT WOOT!

Now I have to decide what to work on next...

1. The next update of the 1.6.4 pack.

2. The next version of the modpack (1.7.10)

3. The server (plugins, rewards, etc...)

Any and all feedback welcome. :D

Ok, so I decided to work on the 1.7.10 version some and have to admit that progress is moving much more slowly than I would like. Bug chasing and squashing as mush world generation lag as possible will be rather time consuming.

That being said I am currently considering setting up the 1.7.10 version on TechnicSolder. If and when I do this I could very much use some BETA players to help with the pack's development. :D

Anyone that may be interested in this please contact me and let me know and I will get you the necessary details as soon as they are available.

I could also use some new artwork for the upcoming pack and I lack the time and skills to make it as epic as it deserves to be. Let me know if you would like to assist and I we can bounce some ideas around.

As always any and all feedback is welcome. :D

~Bizz

Hey mine_my_own_bizz, Im having trouble downloading and launching your modpack

The first few times I got the error telling me to consult the modpack author,

the next few times after that, it started to download, and then stopped downloading, and when I clicked on play modpack it started downloading from the beginning, and then stopped again.

Any chance you could help me sort this out as I would love to start playing.

I just redownloaded it to test and it worked for me just fine. I am guessing you may have Java 8 which isn't compatible with 1.6.4 Forge. I am working on pushing an update that fixes that issue today.

I will aim for tomorrow but not sure I will be able to get it done.

All you have to do to be able to play with Java 8 is download the mod here and put it in your mods folder.

http://files.minecraftforge.net/LegacyJavaFixer/legacyjavafixer-1.0.jar

So, I noticed another person posted they had the same issue as me. I'm running technic on a mac (and it works like a charm), but the pack won't load properly. It installs (yay!), but then it immediately shuts down when I hit play. Any tips? Is this a bug that is popping up? 

UeVD9FK.png

bGMTwK1.png

When reporting that Hexplore-It doesn't work for you I need more info than, “pack sucks, it dnt wrk, plz fix” to help you in any way.

The first thing you can do is make sure that you followed the installation instructions correctly.

They can be found here, ( http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/hexplore-it.226213 ),

seen here,

7hU5nqV.png

or read here.

1. Download the version of Technic Launcher you need for your operating system here ---> ( http://www.technicpack.net/download )

2. Install the Technic Launcher. If you are unsure how to do so, watch a tutorial how below.

For Windows:

For Mac:

3. Launch the launcher for the first time.

4. On the top right corner click the settings button (little gear next to the X), this is where you will want to increase the amount of memory/RAM your computer uses to run the Technic Launcher. When you click that gear a window will open called "Launcher Options"

5. Using the drop down selection next to the line that says "Memory" increase your RAM. I suggest a minimum of 2GB, 4GB maximum. Anything less will not work. If you can only go up to 1GB you only have 32-bit Java. Assuming that your computer’s operating system can handle it, you will need 64-bit Java, find that here ---> (https://java.com/en/download/index.jsp )

6. On the left side of the launcher scroll through the modpacks until you see a + sign that says, "ADD NEW PACK" below it, click on it.

7. A window will appear that says, "Enter your Technic Platform delivery URL below to add a new pack:" enter the Hexplore-It platform URL into that box...

Found at the top of the page here ---> http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/hexplore-it.226213

8. Click "ADD MODPACK"

9. On the left side of the launcher scroll until you have the Hexplore-It Pack selected.

10. Click PLAY, the pack will then be downloaded and installed.

11. HEXPLORE ALL OF THE THINGS!

The next thing that you can do if you are still finding that you are unable to launch the modpack is provide some of, if not all of, the information below.

1. What version of the modpack are you trying to launch.

2. What version of Java are you using.

3. How much RAM does your computer have all together.

4. How much RAM do you have allocated to the Technic Launcher.

5. A crash report. Preferably uploaded to ( http://pastebin.com/ ) or in between spoiler tags.

6. If a crash report doesn’t generate, the contents of your Technic Launcher’s console. Preferably uploaded to (

http://pastebin.com/ ) or in between spoiler tags.

7. If a crash report doesn’t generate, the contents of your ForgeModLoader-client-0.log file. Preferably uploaded to ( http://pastebin.com/ ) or in between spoiler tags.

8. Google is your friend.

UeVD9FK.png

The v1.08b update is live. I had to push a quick update to remove the "official" server from the server list.

On that note, anyone looking to have your Hexplore-It servers publicized free of charge, or partner up for another Official Hexplore-It server, hit me up. :D

* Do NOT do ^this^ by posting server info in this thread. Per the moderator Torezu in post #197 (>since removed). PMs and/or other forums more open to development conversations should be used instead. Thank you for understanding.

Any server ads info etc... need to be posted here, using the guidelines here.

VERSION 1.08b
>Simply removed the IP from the server list, and updated the start screen.

The Hexplore-it creator, mine_my_own_bizz, temporarily lost access to posting here after switching his contact email because the validation system is down.

He asked if I would post this here on his behalf.

Hexplore-It 1.7.10 will start testing/building now. Find it here and start tweaking.

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/testplore-it.551552[1]

Bare in mind this WILL be VERY crashy and VERY buggy!

This is just meant as a place to start. The only tweaking done thus far has been to make the pack launch-able/playable.

I am looking for and feedback as usual but I am more looking for assistance this time. I will need help with configs, key-bindings, mob-spawning limits, drops loot, etc...

I could also use assistance soon with ideas for lore and a questing system. I plan to build custom structures to spawn in the world. My hope is to even include custom NPCs in that as well.

There are many mods currently included with duplicate components and many mods that are merely for the building of the pack that won't make into the end result obviously.

I will probably use this instead of Solder for the time being for simplicity's sake.

Feel free to use the discussion tab to conversate on this.

Let the long, hard work begin!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Progress! I got a server up without something exploding.

Please note this is a temp world while I try to wrap my head around plugins because I'm a idiot who doesn't understand nothing about them :ironicat:

This is a no rule zone till tomorrow when I bring the server down and retry to install some plugins (also bringing law to the lawless of my server) So go nuts.

Edit: I'm also gonna get a more powerful server sometime in the future if I don't give up learning to run shit so fingers cross on that front

Edit: Spoke to soon server broke trying to get it back up

Edit3rd: there we go back up Edit: never mind taking down to try getting plugins work again

another edit: got the bare basics of plugins on the server. They are muffinfort (get some more uses out of them villagers) and essentials

Edited by Nefzen

Well alright, now that I have my thread back... ?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> ;)

Please note: For future reference anyone that happens across this comment please make sure to follow the edit in >post #190, Thanks in advance!

The v1.08b update is live. I had to push a quick update to remove the "official" server from the server list.

On that note, anyone looking to have your Hexplore-It servers publicized free of charge, or partner up for another Official Hexplore-It server, hit me up. :D

* Do NOT do ^this^ by posting server info in this thread. Per the moderator Torezu in post #197 (?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>since removed). PMs and/or other forums more open to development conversations should be used instead. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Any server ads info etc... need to be posted here, using the guidelines >here.

VERSION 1.08b

>Simply removed the IP from the server list, and updated the start screen.